You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think My House May Be Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

I Think My House May Be Haunted

 

My dad and I moved house about 6 years ago. For as long as I could remember I've always heard/felt/seen weird things. At first it was just the occasional clatter or banging noise in the middle of the night. Lately it's become more than that.

A few weeks ago I began to hear someone scratching outside my window, then a loud banging on my window (as if someone were punching my window) I'm surprised the glass has shattered. This has now occurred twice, and both times I've opened the curtains and there has been nothing out there.

The second thing that has been freaking me out, is that some nights as I'm drifting off to sleep I feel someone stroking my cheek. It doesn't feel as though it is a human touch and I'm always alone when it happens.

But by far the scariest thing that has happened is that I was home alone one day and the light in my bedroom began to flicker on and off, I took no notice as this didn't seem so strange, but then the actual light switch began to flick up and down. I ran out of the house screaming.

I have no idea about the previous owners of the house. All that my dad has said is that the old owners had to leave "suddenly" this leads me to believe that they may have died in the house, although as I can't find any info on the house or its past occupants it is rather difficult to prove. Our house isn't a very old house it was only built in the early 90's.

This is really beginning to scare me. And I am not sleeping well because I'm scared of what happens when I'm going to sleep. I would really appreciate people's ideas/opinions on what may be causing this all to happen, and who may be causing it.

Please excuse my terrible grammar and punctuation as I am terrible at that sort of stuff. Cheers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tilda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Well, I happen to know Australia has a land title registration system (as in my jurisdiction) and you can likely go to the nearest land registry office and do a title search for a nominal fee (at least that's how it works here, where you can do a search for about $20 that will tell you who the previous owners were and when and how the property has been sold or otherwise transferred). Perhaps check that out. It will tell you if the house was transferred to a deceased's estate prior to you moving in. Then you could do an online search for the person's obituary. Most newspapers keep archives of published obituaries that are searchable online, and I have had a lot of success using this method to find out if, when and how somebody died. This will at least give you an idea of whom you might be dealing with.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Hi I know this must be scary for you but when things happen try to stay calm and you will have more control over your reactions. The light flickering thing once happened to me, I was more puzzled than anything x
Tilda (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
thank you for your advice everyone. I'll try to talk to my dad about it (I don't think he believes in the paranormal) but i'll give it a go anyway. And no I haven't had any paranormal experiences prior to moving into the house.:)
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Dear Tilda,
I agree with all others about talking to your dad.
Might I also suggest, respectfully, and seriously, a complete psychological evaluation to rule out all normal causes before looking at the paranormal.
A query; did your dad hear, feel or see any such thing?
Do reply.

Regards
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Hi Tilda:

I think that the feeling of someone or something stroking your cheek would be more alarming than anything else that you have experienced. Do you have any pets in the house? Maybe if you don't, you could check with your dad to see about getting a dog or cat that could sleep with you at night. If for nothing else, a comfort.

I must agree with Rozo about speaking to your dad about this. Not only to get information but just to let him know what you are experiencing. It states that you are a teen and I believe that you should speak to him about this.

Good luck, zeta.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
I agree with Rozo that you should talk with your father. Talking about your experiences is always better than locking it all in. Maybe he'll believe you, maybe not, but it is a risk you should take.

And Rookdygin (one of the posters on this website) has an apparently effective cleansing method (ask him). I have one too, but it's very personal and hard to explain.

Good luck!
callthewind (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Tilda,

Have you ever had a paranormal experience (s) before moving into this house?

Rozo's idea of talking with your father is a good one. Surely it will be comforting and constructive to share with him.

This may be a residual haunting or a spirit seeking attention/help. Alternatively, it could be the newer house "settling" and may not be paranormal at all.

When you begin to feel scared I suggest staying calm and be confident. Start thinking of some of the most positive things in your life, say out loud "I am not afraid" and believe it.

I look forward to hearing more from you. Do keep us posted!
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Hi Tilda,
Thanks for sharing your story, While I can't give you a definite answer for what is happening, I can maybe say that something is definitly trying to get your attention, it would seem that it has succeeded and maybe now it will quiet down a bit...\

Sit down with dad again and explain what's going on, maybe he too is experiencing stuff and with the conversation you both can start to break it down... Also the window banging/scratching could be an animal? Maybe trying to get in? Not sure if this is possible depending where you live in Australia but also worth looking at...

Well for what its worth, good luck and keep us posted Tilda!
Rozo

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: