You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Voices Of The City

Real Ghost Stories

Voices Of The City

 

My fiancé, my two boys, and I recently moved into my fiancé's parents house. We have been living here for about three months. About a month and a half after moving in, my youngest son, who is 10 years old, began telling me that every time he goes down the basement and no one else is down there, he hears people whispering. I shrugged it off as just his imagination each time. Then he came up from the basement one day and said that he heard the whispering in the basement like usual but this time someone also whispered in his ear. I was unsure what to think but let him know that he would be alright. I didn't want to alarm him with my reaction so I remained calm but instantly thoughts started running through my head. I was unsure if this was just his imagination running wild or if he was really hearing whispers. Then I wondered if he was hearing ghosts or if there is something mentally wrong with him. My son is a very sensitive person and any of these options would not have surprised me.

After a few days, I had put the experiences my son had told me of and put them in the back of my mind.

One day when we were driving down the street, a street we travel often, my son told me that every time we go near a particular house we had just driven by, he hears voices coming from the house. This time I felt impelled to find out more but reluctant about how much more I really wanted to know. I asked him if he hears the voices every time we drive by that house or just sometimes. He replied that it is every time we drive by that particular house. He then proceeded to tell me that this house is not the only house he hears voices coming from when we drive by. He couldn't tell me any other particular house without seeing it, but he said there are just random house that when he is near them, even just driving by, he hears voices. I am unsure if these are voices of ghosts or if, once again, his imagination is running wild. I have tried to not seem alarmed when he tells me things so that if it is his imagination, he doesn't stretch too far.

I am not sure what to make of all this but I have also had my own personal experiences with ghosts and hope that whatever the situation may be, he is able to handle the significant impact these types of situations can sometimes have on your life. If anyone has any suggestion or comments as to how to better handle these situations or have had the same type of experiences insight is greatly appreciated!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blueangel54935, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Your son could possibly be and empath or indigo child? At least, you're listening to him and not dismissing his experiences out of hand. How does he feel about what's going on? Hopefully he is matter-of-fact about it and not frightened. He trusts you enough to tell you about it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
blueangel - has your son ever said whether or not he has heard any distinct words or conversation from the voices?

Please don't take this next question the wrong way, okay? I have a just-turned 11-year-old little boy, so that is what is prompting this question. There are quite a few children's paranormal movies out right now, and have been since before Halloween, like Paranorman, Frankenweenie and the other one that for the life of me I can't remember the name 😆. Also, so many of the kids' cartoons are full of paranormal "stuff." Is there any chance he could just be pretending?

I definitely agree with BadJuuJuu. I would start with my pediatrician. I'd also have the basement checked for high EMF. Experienced that myself back in May. Quite a shock to realize all of a sudden I was susceptible to high EMF readings.

I also wondered the same thing as zeta. Has your son ever seen anything or have you experienced anything in the home?

Another thought before I end this. You said your son hears things in the basement. Is there anything in the basement that he could mistake for voices? Or can you hear the TV/radio, etc. In the basement, only muffled, to where he would think he was hearing voices? Or can he be hearing conversations from outside that carry in?

Yes, please let us know what you find out. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
If you have even the slightest concern that this is a mental issue, please get that looked into. Sure it could be paranormal, but you've indicated a fear that a mental issue could be possible as well. Get that checked right away and hopefully ruled out.
Also, just wondering what his sleeping situation is? Too little sleep can do a number on perception.
The basement issue? Maybe have the electricity in the house checked out. High EMF fields will also mess with perceptions and can cause hallucinations in some people. Basements tend to be high in EMF, your son could just be more sensitive to it than you are. Some people barely notice EMF, but other people react pretty strongly.
Just a couple thoughts. Hope you can get this sorted out soon.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
I can understand your concern over this matter. You state that you have had experiences also; were your experiences similar to your son's experiences? It seems as if your son only hears whispering... Has he ever seen anything?

Now, I do realize your concern but I think you are right in not reacting too much at this point. No disrespect intended here but sometimes if a young child gets a reaction from something, they will continue trying to get a reaction. Not to say your son doesn't really experience this but to be sure I would see what else transpires without immediately thinking that he is experiencing paranormal.

Keep us posted, I'd like to hear more.
Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: