You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demon Of The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Of The Night

 

I would like to share my experiences, but I will only do one at a time. I will start with one of my most recent. I'm 17 and I have a 7 year old niece. I have two beds in my room, and when she stays with us this is where she sleeps. The beds are next to each other, so I only had to look over to see her.

There was nothing particular about this one night, nothing to hint to me what I would see. We were all sleeping, quite well I might add, and for some reason I woke up. I had left my television on, and it was the first thing I looked at. It was only static, and standing beside the television was my niece. Since it was about 3am, I was wondering why she was out of bed. So I was about to say "Michaela, get back in the bed, it's three in the morning!" But before I could get a word out something made me look over, and in the bed next to me was my niece, sleeping peacefully and slightly snoring. I looked back beside the television and nothing was there and the TV was back to normal.

I'm not sure what I saw, but it looked exactly like my niece. It was almost completely solid, and staring at me with a face that looked like they had just woke up. Looking back, I realize that the figure was taller than my niece, although I wonder if she had possibly astral projected herself in her sleep and I was somehow able to see her, or if it was possibly a demon of sorts taking her image. I did not feel fear, because I thought that it was my niece, but I didn't like the idea of whatever it was watching me sleep.

Also, I have a two year old son who sleeps in the bed with me, and I don't want him to be bothered by demons. Should I maybe sage my home, or take any other protective measures? I just want to make sure my family, especially my son, is safe. Does anyone have their own thoughts on what happened that night?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adriansmommy2010, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

johnnyrebelghost1861 (3 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Get you a blessed cross and put it over your bed say the Lords Pray ever night before bed this should help you out
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
It doesn't matter whether or not I get what MizMimi, or you for that matter, is trying to say. The conversation is taking way too much time and attention from the story. MizMimi has stepped away from the conversation, so please do the same. It isn't helping adriansmommy at all.

Thank you.
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
[at] miracle
The point is I don't get what mimi wants to say.
Do you?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
marvis - I think it's time you stopped with these comments. If you can't find stories that feel you can offer some help, maybe you should take a break. 😐
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Marvis- I really have no idea where you're coming from at this point, as you seem to be all over the place. You keep insisting you're not an expert, all the while INSISTING that you can only have activity if you have money issues. I'm going to go ahead and bow out of the conversation at this point. Take it easy.
marvis (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
its against my principles to mislead anybody. Can you imagine spooks in an prosperous household? Lol! Without money one cannot live well unless one is a hermit.
Everything is about finance.
Even this spooky site. Any how let's make love not war.
Nothing lik3 love for free lol
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Marvis- I'm not arguing with you, so there really is no need to get high strung. I am simply saying that no one is an expert, so to say that EVERYONE experiences financial issues when surrounded byparanormal activity, is just absurd.
You said "How are your finances? Para normal activity if there be any effects the finances first of all." That type of statement would lead one to believe that it's impossible for anyone to have such activity, if their finances are in order. Thus creating an atmosphere of superiority and expertise.
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
I have experienced para normal activities is pretty subjective term. There are no fixed standards. What we may assume to be paranormal activity may at times be just a piece of cloth fluttering in the wind.
I never said I was an expert on such matters.
But some one wanting me to quote from a book on a matter as uncertain and subjective as the para normal
Goes beyond the realm of sanity and logic.
The degree of intensity of such phenomenon is judgment much given too personal opinions.
And a larger chunk of high paranormal activity goes undocumented, cause no one can revel in rotten memories
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Marvis-I think in this situation, it's best not to assume what one has and has not experienced. I have been surrounded by paranormal activity, virtually my entire life, and I have never experienced financial hardship because of it. Others probably have, but we all experince things differently, and the effects of said activity will vary from person to person. When it comes to the paranormal, I find it hard for anyone to be an expert.
marvis (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
dear rook
I can't understand how can ones first hand experiences be based on books?
You say you have been studying this phenomenon for fourty years but have you ever lived in a house filled to the gills with the genii?
Or have you ever even glimpsed a djinn?
I don't think so.
Cause if you had had such an experience you would have defo struck the dygin out of your name.
You don't even know me yet you assume your experiences are greater than mine.
You insists on me naming some books that support what I say.
Books are written by men and based upon their experiences. They don't have an astral origin.
To think so would be madness.
You so insisting that it appears that you nearly calling me an idiot.
I didn't come here to get insulted.
Still to satisfy your ego ill say that finances are not effected.
But effected they will be.
Respectfully
M
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
marvis,

It affects ones personal life, family life and an individuals actions when they are single.

I agree that Negative activity 'CAN' effect Finances... But not always... And not 'solely'. Again I ask for some like/book for research that you base your observation based on "experience and common knowledge."

Respectfully,

Rook
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
dear rook
If the para normal activity is negative it very certainly does effect finances. It is my experience and common knowledge.
Wishes
Marv
marvis (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
oh,btw I think it was your neice astral traveling. Its pretty common in children. I read it too somewhere. Had it been a spirit your neices sleep would have been disturbed too. But she was snoring. Stop worrying and move on in life. Anyways worrying won't solve any problem

Y
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Mercy,

I have to say something about this statement...

"First of all I've been there too many times the last time was with the possesion of my nice and I have dedicate to Help others with simular experience there is no help!"

I'm not much of an 'English hound but I have to say something...

Its: Niece not Nice

And

You say you've been through this with your 'niece' and that you must help others... And then you say...

"there is no help!"

Which is it, can you offer advice that may help others or is there no help for them?

Marvis,

"Para normal activity if there be any effects the finances first of all."

I was 8 years old when I experienced my first bit of paranormal activity...I'm now 43 I've never noticed a trend that the finances are the 'first thing effected' when an individual starts experiencing paranormal activity. Is there are book or link you can provide that will allow research on this 'point'.

Respectfully,

Rook
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
first of all stop worrying. Looks like an isolated incident prima facie.don't be unduly alarmed. Defo not a demon. Could be a passing spirit resembling your neice.
How are your finances? Para normal activity if there be any effects the finances first of all.
Do you dream? Keep a record. If you dream every night everythings ok.
Before going to sleep brush your teeth and wash your feet.
Keep a jug of water under your bed, head side. Do not cover. Pour water in plants or tree at morn.
You can also keep white sweet meat near your head at night. In the morning feed the sweet to birds or dog etc. Any evil energy will move out this way.don't eat yourself or give to any human.
Mop your home with salt water
And bathe with salt water.
Keep a crystal
You can burn sage and frank incense.
Improves finances
Also try oregano.
Pray to who ever you believe in
And sprinkle holy water on walls.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
I believe that your niece could have astral projected children are known for being more psychic than adults.

My question though is did your niece have any recollection of seeing you or herself sleeping?

I also do not believe that what you experienced was a demon because demons give off a strong feeling of anger,hate.

Whitewolf,
JordanNightingale (2 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
I would seek help from a someone. If a demon is trying to contact you and make it's whereabouts known, is not a good thing. Ask your niece if she's experienced any ghostly or demonic pressences when ever she comes to the house, or go to a preist and seek guidance.

Demons are tough and scary beings to be around, hence the name. If you give in to the hauntings, you will see life as you know it, my friend has already lost her life to a demon because she taunted it... Do not contact it, let it run it's course but get some help now!
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
Astral projection, that could be it. Demon taking the form of your niece, that could be it too. I really don't have enough information to label your experience. You said that the television was the first thing you looked at? I found that strange, because I normally lock my eyes on the spirit when I wake up as you described. You also stated that this girl was actually taller? How much taller would you say? I have more questions, but it would only make your response harder. I'll just say that the human mind is a powerful instrument.

JS aka Brandon
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Lol You caught her walking in her astral sleep! That's so cute:) As to your question if your in danger, I doubt it strongly. You said you have 2 kids in that room. They're guardian angels plus your guardian angel will not let any harm come to you. But if you feel uneasy for any reason, it wouldn't hurt to wisper a loving prayer to God. ❤
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Pjod ~

"I was pointing out that everyone has different beliefs, in response to flyclarinet's post below.
How uninteresting this subject would be if everyone was of the same mindset, concerning the preternatural."

Thank you that was possibly the short winded version of what I was saying 😆
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Pjod- Thank you, I appreciate your clarification on the matter.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Miz,
I was pointing out that everyone has different beliefs, in response to flyclarinet's post below.
How uninteresting this subject would be if everyone was of the same mindset, concerning the preternatural.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
And in retrospect of my prior comment I feel it is safe to say to the author from my opinion I see no "dark" spirit or negative forces, from what she has written, is in any any way trying to hurt her child.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Mizimimi (did I type that right?) no question a lot of "demon" stories can in fact lead to scriptual debates, but I do believe a lot of the posters here are a bit more mature and are a bit over having to prove their own beliefs than to make a religious argument over every single "demon" or "angel" reference that is made on this site.

The author asked if she should be wary of a "demon" for her child's sake, and for me, sometimes (and I can't speak for the author or anyone else) the word "demon" can simply mean a dark ill meaning spirit.

Every soul on this earth is entitled to their own opinions and are more than welcome to them, it's when they feel they should dominate others to force their views on others they become a worry.

For me anyways, clearly you do not believe in "demons" as such and I respect that completely, I'm kind of on the fence, as in there are "light" and "dark" spirits in a sense and with this story no "dark" came across for me.

But I do feel the word "demon" is used as a way to express a dark and or evil spirit, rather than an actual "demon" itself. And that's just my opinion.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
DragonStorm80- You are free to see it in that light, however, you said "provided doesn't enter into a scriptual debate..." And that's exactly why I didn't respond to that particular particular comment. It always has a way of leading to that, and I will not participate.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
The fact of whether one "believes in demons or not" I don't feel is out of bounds from this particular story as the author has asked should they be wary if this event was possibly a result of a demon's acts.

I feel any and all views on beliefs and coping with such a topic may or may not benefit the author for many reasons and provided doesn't enter into a scriptual debate shouldn't be too far out of bounds of the actual topic.

That being said I don't see any "dark forces" coming out of this story and feel the author has nothing to worry about on any form of demonic level as such, I agree with badjuujuu that astral projection could indeed be a possibility with this story, however I do have some questions for the author...

Is the father of your child anywhere in the picture and if so/not do you sense a darkness from him that could possibly spark an over protective intstinct within you?

Has this happened again after this event?

Have you or your niece/son had any odd dreams after this has happened?
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
I'm not sure what that had to do with demons, but I'm pretty sure that cheesecake and not believing in demons is vastly different.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
"belief" is kind of like "taste"
I mean, how can one not like cheese cake?
I don't know, but everyone is different.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
No need to down vote, I'm simply following the rules set forth on the home page: "It is natural for a community site to have various conversations that may not always be on topic, but if a discussion is not helpful to people sharing their stories..." And a discussion of what I believe and why, was not helpful. Good day.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
I could likewise ask you how you DO believe in them. But me not believing and why, is of no consequence. So in the interest of following the rules, let's not clutter up the comments section with idle chatter that has nothing to do with the original post, and keep to chatting about the story shall we? Thanks.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: