You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Door Banging Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Door Banging Ghost

 

This story happened when I was at a sleepover at my best friend's house. She lived in a condominium, and I was really excited as this was the first time I was going to her house. She lived on the eleventh floor, and when I looked down from her balcony, I could see the huge swimming pool.

Anyway, she said her parents were out shopping. She wanted to take a bath so I gladly obliged to 'look after' her home. "Make yourself at home," she said before stepping into the shower.

I took a drink from her fridge and switched on the TV in her vast living room. While I watched her Paranormal Activity 3 disc, someone banged on her door. Thinking her parents had gone back and had forgotten to bring their keys or something, I shouted, "I'm coming!" and grabbed the keys that were hanging on a hook near the front door. I quickly unlocked the door and opened my mouth to greet them, but there was nobody there. I slammed the door shut, thinking the Paranormal Activity had gotten in my mind. Just as I was about to return to the sofa, the banging started again! Irritated, I yelled,"STOP! I'm watching a movie here!" Miraculously, it stopped. When my friend came out from her shower, I told her the whole thing. "It happened ever since we bought this condominium," she said, shaking her head. "We'll either ignore the thing or ask it to go away."

Freaky much? She said no priest could banish the spirit, and anyway her family had gotten used to the banging. Maybe the poor spirit was doomed to do this forever. My friend says it's pretty harmless. "Once it banged on the door when a burglar was about to break in," she laughed. "We saw the burglar running away like a frightened chicken."

Other hauntings by GladysJ8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GladysJ8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

igotnorolemodel (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
Haha I've had a similar experience once, except that it was knocking on my apartment's ceiling. I was trying to watch TV one night some years ago. It wasn't very late, I think it was around 10pm. And suddenly there was constant knocking sounds coming from the ceiling. I didn't think it would be my neighbour upstairs. Plus, it's known as you'd hear weird sounds like that in HDB flats. I got irritated because it disturbed me while I was trying to relax and watch TV so I just told it to stop knocking. And it did. Now thinking back, I shouldn't have said or done anything even though nothing happened after that. It's just best to ignore.
ChewYIn (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
LOL I love the last part... The burglar ran away like frighten chicken πŸ˜† well for me its useful to have that door though... 😊
brenttan (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Well, it sounds like the ghost is a poor lonely ghost needing some attention and hopefully interaction from other beings like you all. The fact that it is harmless and would frighten off the would-be burglar, shows its goodwill as it looked out for your family and property. Evil spirits may be evicted by priestly blessings or prayers. But harmless human spirits who are still attached to the earth, may not be forced to leave I think, as the name of the Lord will not work upon them, since they aren't evil?
creepy (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
either the ghost was banished to do the banging or it was a tanting ghost! 😲
GladysJ8 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Thanks for all the advice, guys. For me shouting at that ghost, I was just so annoyed. Like, how would you feel if someone interrupted you constantly in the middle of the movie?

Cheers, people
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
Is that like an apartment block? The banging could of been coming from the door upstairs or down below or across the hall? I know when I stayed in a flat, I heard knocking at the door too and as I went to answer it; as it was so loud, saw there was no one at my door but across the way people were knocking. Sound travels further than you may think.

And also, your friend had a bath in the shower?
zinqa (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
I meant may be during the fist days of this they may try to force themselfs (demons) to attack you but they real real can't stand there sound they will lieve you

This comment from zinqa is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

curiousDevu (10 stories) (45 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
A paranormal alarm system does sound nice😜, jokes apart, you were pretty brave, asking it to go away, seems as though it is a haunting that repeats itself over time and is perfectly harmless. We had this sort of thing at the apartment we stayed in while our home was renovated, the ghost or whoever it was would ring the front door bell in the dead of the night scaring us terribly, it never stopped, we had to face it for 2 months.
Regards, 😊
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Triden,

Sign me up for one of those! I gotta get me one of those!
semisweet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
I just love that the spirit scared the burglar away. Very cool story
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Ok ok, I'll be honest. I rolled my eyes over Paranormal Activity 3 being involved, but the history of the activity in the apartment made me feel bad for the eyeroll. Sorry. 😳
But I just love the delicious absurdity of you telling off a ghost so you could watch a movie about a haunting in peace. That is seriously brilliant, and I can't stop giggling.
I would have loved to see the look on the burglar's face when the ghost banged the door. 😁
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Wow! So your friend has got such sort of a 'helping' ghost over their place! Cool! 😊

The best part is that whatever it is, its harmless.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Rozo
Or a very mean looking granny ghost. She drove off people who broke into our house.

GladysJ8
I have to say, you seem very gutsy to tell it to keep quiet because you're watching a movie. Cudos to you girl.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
I gotta get me one of those, especially in South Africa... 'a door banging alarm ghost system' πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Interesting story, probably something to do with the history of the building and the deaths that have incurred there if any.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: