You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knocking In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Knocking In The Night

 

So, it has been over a year since I have posted on this site or checked my account at all. I hope that I didn't let anyone down who was looking forward to my new posts. Just for reference sake, I stopped posting because studies caught up with me and I could never be bothered doing any extra writing.

Just to catch everyone up to speed, I am now 20 and still live at home in that same room but am moving out next month. I now plan on continuing to post my further experiences and I hope people will want to read on.

So to pick up where I left off, things were good. No paranormal occurrences were heard of in my house for quite some time, and I loved that, because honestly the whole spirit thing still gives me the creeps. I am still in the bedroom of my oldest brother who has now moved out as well as the rest of my siblings.

It had been a long, long time since I had experienced anything remotely paranormal, and now-a-days, I feel more comfortable in our hallway inhabited by a possessive spirit accept for the rare chilling feeling I sometimes get. It had been so long that I began to forget about the whole thing, that's what I call the good life, not being cautious about every sound in the house or every blur in the peripherals of my vision. All was well until one night; it would have been maybe a year and a half ago now, maybe more.

I was asleep in bed at who knows what time it was when I was woken up by a knock on my bedroom door (which I always have closed when sleeping to drown out any noise). I woke up gently responding to the knock thinking my mum was waking me up because I didn't set my alarm or something stupid like that I'm kind of prone to do. After there was no response to my call out to the knock, I called out louder, thinking mum didn't hear me respond, still, no response. Then, the door gave off three more consecutive knocks very gently, which is what made me think it was my mum waking me. I just lay back rubbing my eyes waiting for mum to come into my room and tell me what she wants, but instead of that happening three more knocks filled my room. This time, the knocks were a lot louder and sounded inpatient as if they were waiting for me to respond. At this point in time, I felt very uneasy as the memories of the ghostly events from the past blasted its way to the front of my mind. Before I even brought myself to move my body there were three more knocks of the same intensity as the last causing me to become short of breath as fear tightened my chest. Then a second of so after the last knocks there was a loud bang on my door which made me flinch. The bang sounded like someone had kicked my door, like they were tired of waiting and got frustrated, taking it out on my door. Immediately following the kick-like bang, I heard what sounded like shoes walking down the hallway heading away from my room. As the footsteps faded out I caught my breath, trying to calm myself down. After long enough of lying wide awake in bed I calmed myself down and managed to fall asleep, after quite some time.

The next day I went about my day as usual until I got home from work when I asked my mum if she or dad wanted anything last night. She said no to both and seemed confused as to why I would ask. I told my mum what had happened and she swore to not get up during the night at all. My mum is very sceptical about the whole paranormal thing so she believed me but was more leaning towards the side that I must have had some sort of dream-like experience. I didn't bother to tell my dad as he is way too far on the side of science and doesn't believe such things as ghosts or spirits exist.

It was at this time that I figured I would begin to restart looking into the idea of guardian angels which I strongly believe and have a lot of faith in. I began talking to them before I went to bed each night, asking and thanking them for protection and guidance, I would also often ask them to appear to me in my dreams because I read that is the best way to interact with them.

Now, I know this site doesn't like people discussing dreams but I feel it's relevant to the story progressing. After countless nights of talking to my angels before bed, I eventually had a dream that I was walking on a path through a graveyard when I saw a funeral on a small hill, there was a small mass of people dressed in black gathering around a coffin as a priest read from a bible. I could hear the soft mumbling of the priest's voice as I walked away when I heard the mumbling voice change into loud, deep, demonic sounding chant. I turned to investigate the sudden change and all the people were now long black ghost like figures with wide, white mouths with sharp teeth and glowing white eyes. I freaked out as they began levitating towards me when I felt something grab my arm. I looked to see what it was and it was a man in a bright, baby blue suit, he looked well groomed and had a very trustworthy face. He smiled at me and said, "Don't worry about them Ben, you go. I'll deal with this." On that note, I turned and ran, trusting the man.

Then, about a week later I had a dream I was in a cinema where two people were talking in the row in front and slightly to the left of me. I couldn't stand their whispering so I swore at them and told them to shut up (not in those words). They seemed angry at me, but I didn't care because they were now quite. I then heard the same deep demonic voice from the cemetery, but this time it was growling, like a dog. I looked at the people and they were now the same black figures as before, now staring at me, growling. I looked to my other side to see the man in the blue suit sitting next to me, he asked, "Do you want to go?" I said yes without hesitation and he grabbed my arm to lead me out the cinema.

Now, I know it sounds like boring dreams and irrelevant to this website but it was a couple of nights later after the last dream where I encountered this sleep disturbing spirit once again. I woke up one night in the pitch black because I thought I heard some banging noises. I tried to listen out but couldn't hear anything so I closed my eyes and attempted to fall back asleep. But before I could get back to sleep, I heard the knocking. But this time, it was at the far end of the hallway, opposite end from my room. It sounded like someone was knocking on the wall of the hallway, and slowly walking towards my room up the hallway continuously, but slowly, knocking on the wall as they walked. The knocking then reached my door when it stopped. I then could hear the sound of someone pressing their hands flat on my door and giving short lunges against it. I could hear the door be pushed in short, quick, hard bursts. I could hear the wobble of the door on the frame. Again, I freaked out so I shut my eyes tight, and in my head I attempted to contact my guardian angels. I asked for help from my angels in my head over and over, and couldn't stop imagining he man in the blue suit. As I began to do this, the pushing sound slowly died off into complete silence. I thanked my angels and felt a warm sense of comfort as I imagined this man in the blue suit. Coincidence of not, I feel it was my angels that stopped this terrifying event.

Now I have read that everyone has three guardian angels watching over them, and I believe this man in the blue suit who appeared to me in my dreams is one of them. I also believe my grandmother from my father's side is another. The reason for this is that I never met her; I was born shortly after she died, but I have always been told how much she was looking forward to the youngest baby to be born. People from my family have always told me she would have loved me to death, as she always had a weak spot for the last born (my father being that too). I honestly believe she is watching over me, and when I talk to my angels, I reference to her especially because I know she's listening. As for the third angel, I have no ideas or thoughts as of yet of the identity of them.

I would love to hear what people think, I hope the whole dream thing doesn't bore you and I promise I'm done with the dreams. So I hope you keep on reading and keep commenting as I continue to post. Thanks for reading, please enjoy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alphabet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Alphabet11 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Unexplained -
Thanks for the heads up, I'm glad you said that. That really is a good thing to know.

Aproxyte -
I sure hope that this situation doesn't relate to that, I like to think it would have happened by now if it was. I hope your right when you say it's proably not.

Thanks for reading guys, hope you can read future posts
Aproxyte (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
In Asian superstition ghostly knockings are associated with premonitions of bad luck or death, but I doubt that's related to your case and from the description of your account it somehow tells me it was just trying to get your attention.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
An interesting account. I've read in certain books on ghosts that when a person hears knocking somewhere, one should avoid knocking in reply. Apparently this can lead to more intense disturbances.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: