You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Black Smoky Mass

Real Ghost Stories

Black Smoky Mass

 

This happened a year ago in the winter time.

It was about 10:30pm and dark outside. I was staying in cabin on the lakes by myself. I had all the lights on in the cabin and a fire going in the fire place. It started to get hot in the cabin so I opened the sliding glass doors to get some cool air in. I let my cat outside hour before I opened the door.

I was at my computer with my back towards the door when I heard my cat come flying in the cabin, so I got up to see what was going on. I looked over to my right to see my cat was on top of my china cabinet. I was standing about 6 feet from my sliding glass doors that were open. I looked straight ahead to see this black smoky mass come through the doors. It was about 4 feet long 2 feet high. It was off the carpet about 6 inches, with a black rolling smoke for its body, whatever it was, it stopped as soon as I saw it. I was standing about 5 feet from it; we were standing there looking at each other for about 8 seconds when it moved like a worm back out the door and around the side of the cabin and disappeared in to the night. I just stood there for couple minutes in shock trying to figure out what I had seen, I didn't feel scared just in shock...

Weeks before this my roommate and myself could hear something moving around up in the empty apartment above us, we went up there a few times not to see anything out of place. Few days after I seen that black smoky mass my cat disappeared, never to see him again. My roommate moved out days later, I stayed there for couple months never to see or hear anything again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blacksmokiemass, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

icewolfghost (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
poor little cat. I ❤ my cat. Hopefully the black mass didn't hurt the poor thing! 😢
Samisan (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
please read my story, "black cloud passing by". I found some strange similarities between our stories. Were there two revolving white dots inside the cloud?
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
Aw shame, sorry to hear about your cat... Hope the smokey mass didn't have anything to do with his disappearance ❤
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
That sounds pretty scary. I'm sorry your cat was lost during these events: (Did your room-mate tell you anything else that could help you solve what was going on? Or why to decide to move out?

Just curious - all pieces of the puzzle you seem to have come upon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: