You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Our Last I Love You

Real Ghost Stories

Our Last I Love You

 

My story is not a "ghost" story but that of a love that can never decease. I will give a little of my background so that it is more understood.

I am 31 years old and have two children of my own, my parents divorced when I was 8. My dad was the type that was there one day and gone the next. He never stayed in contact once they had split up. I had not seen my dad since my 8th birthday and on my 14th birthday I finally saw him after 6 years. He stayed around until I was 17 and then once again he was gone again. He had two other kids after my mom and he divorced. Sarah my sister who is currently 21 and a younger brother who just turned 19 a few days ago.

I found out I was pregnant when I was 19, in August of 2000. I had not seen or spoken with my dad for about 2 years but I wanted him to know that he was going to be a grandpa so I got hold of him through his sister. That was in December of 2000. The conversation did not go to well, I tried to explain to him that he could see the baby but it wouldn't call him grandpa unless he could prove to me that he would not walk in and out of her life like he did mine. My mom had been remarried for 5 years at the time. So she would have had a steady grandfather figure when she was born. I let him know that I wanted him to be there ALL OF THE TIME, not just sometimes. Needless to say he chose to never see his grandaughter.

Fast forward to June 2010. I hadn't spoken to my dad in 10 years. While looking on Facebook at my sisters page one evening, June 14, 2010 I saw a picture of my father with my younger siblings. In a hospital bed looking like a man in his seventies rather than the age of 55 which he was. I immediately called my mom who told me she was aware that my dad was in a nursing home on Burton Ohio. He had lung cancer and was dying. Every one of my dad's kids except for me knew. They all went to see him but me. I was a daddy's girl before him and my mom split up and the only one of his kids that tried to have a relationship with him when I was younger.

I called my cousin who informed me of his situation and told me he had been asking for me. This was at 6 o'clock in the evening. I planned on going to see him the next afternoon. Burton is over an hours drive from me.

Later that night I was up doing laundry at around 1:25 I was walking into the kitchen to go to the laundry room when I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness and started crying so hard I had to lean myself on the kitchen counter. I don't know where this came from, but it happened.

The next morning at 10:30 I received a text message from my cousin to call her. I did and she informed me that my dad died at 1:21 a.m., I didn't get to him in time. I wanted to see him to tell him I loved him and for him to know that I was there.

Around two weeks later it bothered me that I didn't get to say goodbye. I believe in god but I don't go to church or pray as often as I should. One night I asked god to let my dad know that I loved him and I was sorry I didn't make it to him. I went to sleep, what happened next was NOT a dream but what I believe to be a real experience.

Just before my alarm clock was due to go off I heard my dad's voice. I did not see him or any bright light. If you can imagine opening your eyes and seeing nothing but white, this is what I saw. My dad told me he loved me, I told him the same. I told him that I was sorry I didn't make it to see him. He said it was ok and that, that was then and this is now. I just cried. He again told me that he loved me and he was proud of me. The conversation was over. I woke up and cried so hard I called my mom at 5 a.m and told her what had just happened.

Later at work I was in a residents room with a co-worker. (I work in a nursing home) I was telling her about it, when the man's room we were in who just so happened to be the Pastor of a church... Looked at me and told me it wasn't a dream. Things like that happen and we just don't know why.

I knew it was not a dream. I hadn't heard my dads voice in 10 yrs... And it was clear as day that morning. I'm sorry this was so long and it's not a scary story but I wanted to share.

Thank You for reading it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Luvmykids, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
😭 😭 😭

It was a touching story. I lost my father three years ago when I was 13 so I can feel what you would have felt.

Thank You very much for sharing.
kyro_kenny23 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-04)
awww imma cry that's so sweet 😭 I don't know what I would do if that happened to me
Luvmykids (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
It was life changing! I miss my dad more than I ever thought possible. It's different when a loved one is just not around. When they are gone and there is no chance to speak again it brings on a whole new light. But the sad part is he died like he lived, alone: (. I would do anything to get them last ten years of his life back but that is not happening. What is worse is that my daughter was starting to question me about him and I was thinking of getting ahold of him so she could meet him. I can just picture the light in his eyes when he would see her, a mini me! He is in no more pain and I truly believe he is in a much better place. So with that said, I love you dad and I always have.
chelseaocean18 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
I am so glad you finally got to talk to your dad. I know that was a life changer cause when I read your story it changed a lot of veiws on the paranormal experiencies with love ones. Thanks ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Luvmykids: I'm so glad that your father came to see you for one final "goodbye" and "i love you". Indeed this was no dream, sometimes our past loved ones come to us in dream form so it does not frighten us. It is comforting to know that he is watching over you isn't it? Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Luvmykids (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
Thanks everyone for the comments:) there have been no more visits, but I feel as if him and I both needed that closure. My saying to him... I love you and I always have. We both missed a lot of each others life and unfortunately we can't get them years back. But I believe that all and all he did love all of us but he just didn't know how to be a dad. Too bad. I believe he would have been a awesome grandpa. Sometimes it is different when you get a second chance, he would have felt a different kind of love had he of known my kids;)!
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
That's pretty awesome. I'm glad he came to you, and tried to give you some sense of closure over what transpired over the years. It's always nice to know they understand. Any more visits?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Luvmykids: Please don't apologise for your story not being scary ❤...Our experiences aren't always "Hollywood-ish" LOL... I really wish Hollywood would produce more of these types of accounts... Maybe society would be more accepting of our beliefs in the paranormal if they were subjected to what most of us experience😆...

I have no doubt your Dad visited you that morning... Great story, and thank you for posting! 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Luvmykids, a truly great story of love and affection between dad and daughter. Love goes beyond life and death. I didn't experience it but my dad did and I narrated in one of my stories. A great story and thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
This is a heartbreaking story ~ although, I'm glad you had the chance to converse with him. He may never have told you he was proud of you during his lifetime, but at least you got to hear it and tell him you loved him. I've had a similar experience, and I believe every word ~ You are lucky. Not many people get a chance to connect after it's too late ❤
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
You aren't alone in that phenomena. It happened to me as well. Though it happens while you're asleep you are sure it not a dream. The last conversation I had with my Dad was in this state, so I can identify whole heartedly. Thanks for sharing this beautiful account.
LoraChaidora (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
sorry to hear about your dad. But this was a very good story, great that you were able to let him know what you feel. I lost my dad as well when I was six, but never had any exprience like that... 😢
Luvmykids (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
Sorry, if you google Raymond Zupancic Jr you will see the photo of my dad.
Luvmykids (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
I have been reading the stories in this site for a few months now, I have wanted to submit this story but was unsure of how it would be percieved. Thank you for the positive feedback! If you google in images Sarah Zupancic you will see the photo my sister uploaded of my dad, her and my youngest brother. Very heartbreaking as this was not what he had looked like the last time I seen him. Again Thank You!
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
This brought tears to my eyes, touching story! I love it:) Know that your father will always be there for you no matter what. Seek guidance from him, I do the same with my grand father ❤
sweetstar85 (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
This is such a touching story:-) I'm very happy that you got to tell him you loved him in the end... Even if it wasn't in the hospital and whilst he was still alive...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: