You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bad Feelings In Aunt S's House

Real Ghost Stories

Bad Feelings In Aunt S's House

 

This is sort of a follow up on the story "Two Houses He Has Never Been".

On Friday, 23 November 2012, I went to my aunt's house to go and pick up a photo of my Gran. It is the only picture that my mom and my aunt have knowledge of, since she was exceptionally camera shy and it was apparently a battle to get her to pose for anything. My aunt, being the eldest, was given that picture, along with my Gran's watch, but this was stolen a few years ago.

I had warned her on Thursday that I was coming to get the picture, but when I arrived at their house, she was not there. So, I decided to wait there, my uncle was there and we sat and talked in their kitchen/dining area. While I was sitting there, I sent a message to Tim. I told him "I'm in my aunt's house" - this is the second house I wrote about in the above mentioned story. He responded asking me to describe my surroundings, which I figured I could actually just take pictures and show him. He told me someone was on my right, a person who had been family of my uncle, and had died alone. He said the presence was male and had been middle aged when he died.

My aunt arrived around half an hour after I did, and she walked into the lounge area, which is where Tim picked up the portal before. I walked in with her, and stood facing the archway, my back against the opposite wall. But as I stood there I felt immense cold radiating on my right. It felt like it was passing through me, as I gradually became cold from right to left. I knew something bad was standing next to me. Of course I sent Tim a message, and he answered simply "It's because of the portal". My aunt walked out of the lounge to her bedroom, and I followed, very swiftly.

Getting to the passage going to the bedrooms, as you enter you have a closet on your right, next to it a bathroom, across from the bathroom, on your left, two bedrooms, then at the head of the passage, my aunts room. The moment I reached the closet, I had the strongest feeling that I was being pushed from behind. The faster I tried to walk down the passage, the more intense the pushing became. When I entered my aunt's room, the feeling went away. I sat down on her bed as she rummaged around in her room, trying to find the album that held the picture. The entire time I was sitting there, I could feel that Charlie was extremely uneasy. My heart rate had sped up since I felt the cold in the lounge, and now I had a very clear knot in my stomach. Charlie kept touching my hair over my right temple, over and over, and I sent Tim a message about this. He told me that Charlie was trying to get me out of the house. His exact words were: "This house has an extremely bad history. Charlie can differentiate between good and evil and he can't get you out of the house fast enough."

My aunt, as luck would have it, could not find the album or the picture, which in itself is a bit unsettling for me. She walked back to the lounge, this time when I walked through the passage, I felt Charlie directly behind me, I could still feel something else there, but I was not being pushed this time. Getting back to the lounge my aunt sat down on the couch and told me to give her a minute so she could try to remember where the album could possibly be. She was sitting on a couch set right in front of the archway (which they had boarded up to make a bedroom for my cousin). She urged me to sit down, so I had two choices, sit on the couch in front of the archway, or sit down where that cold was radiating furiously. I picked the former; the archway was more welcoming than the opposite wall, but not by much. As I sat down I could immediately feel the thing across the room stare at me, and I had a hard time sitting still. My aunt actually asked me how I was going to manage with my "haunted house" when my mom leaves, and I almost laughed. My house is paradise compared to this one. I just told her I would be fine. I was extremely relieved when she said she would need time to think and search for the album.

I almost jumped up off the couch, said my goodbyes to my uncle and very quickly made my way to the kitchen door. Outside I felt a bit better, but Charlie was still very agitated and I knew I had to get out of the yard fast. My aunt opened the gate for me and told me she would let me know when she found the album, or rather, if she found it. I said goodbye and pulled out of their yard. As my car left their driveway and we were in motion, I felt Charlie relax. When I got home, Tim sent me a message and asked me if I had ever felt anything like that in the house before. I told him I always felt uncomfortable there, especially when the sun started setting. He answered that the entities in that house were full on any time of day; I just become very aware when the dark sets in.

My mom and I had a discussion about my aunt's house on Sunday, and she also said she was very uncomfortable in that house. She then said she understands now why everyone in that house is always fighting, always unhappy.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
ClawsClaspe
It is a very good question, and no offense was taken. As I stipulated before, Gran is, just like Charlie, a good spirit. Yes, she is there to aid and protect, but, due to the negativity in my aunt's house, Gran rarely goes there. Add to that the fact that Gran has "shown" Tim that my aunt has a very big secret concerning my Gran's death, and due to that fact, is currently avoiding my house out of guilt, or maybe fear, and the horrible atmosphere my aunt caused for us in December, Gran is not really happy with her eldest daughter at this point.

She may be a spirit, but she is also a disappointed mother
ClawsClaspe (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
I was just wondering... I notice your gran is always around your mom and protecting your family in the house which is very sweet but I was wondering on her own time does she ever try to keep your aunt safe since she is too her daughter. She seems to need help too. I am just asking sorry if I sounded mean.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
I guess what it is what it is. I see it as a social worker in violent families; as long as the victim doesn't want to do something about the situation there is only so much that we can do. The only thing that you can do is to be supportive of your aunt and hope that one day she decides to cleanse the house and stand up to her family.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
hi geetha50
I really love your insights
My uncle sees this type of thing as "superstitious mumbo jumbo", even though he had a great time hearing everything Tim had to say, even asking him questions about the farm he grew up on, questions that Tim answered with absolute certainty. Afterward my uncle cracked jokes and laughed this all off.

As a family, they have always been volatile. Both of my cousins have been rebellious their whole lives, they rarely treat their mother with respect, which my mom feels is why my aunt gravitates toward myself and my sister. I doubt that they have ever tried to do a cleansing, and I think my aunt is very aware about things not being right in that house, but I don't think she has the motivation to try and do something about it on her own.

She has told me on numerous occasions that she will come sleep over if I don't want to be alone, I think it's just as much for herself as it is for me. She wants to escape that house.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
The one thing that surprises me is that your aunt and her family decided to stay in that house after what Tim told them. I know that everywhere you go there are bound to be spirits, good or bad but is your aunt willing to put up with all of the bad vibes in the house if it's effecting the overall well being of her family?

Also, I wanted to know if your aunt and family did a blessing of the house. I know it would be really difficult with a portal in the house and they might have to do it constantly to protect the family.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
Argette
The house that gave me the worst feelings ever was The Overlook. That house exists on the principal of violence begets violence. It has an uncomfortable feeling when you first enter, but the longer you stay, the more aggravated you get. It has to do with the fact that such violence took place there.

In my Aunt's house, we know of atleast 2 people who committed suicide there. If you are sensitive, the house gives you the creeps.
Argette (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
Fascinating! Can a house emit such bad vibes that it causes people to argue? I have always thought so. When I compare houses I have lived in, especially as a child, I recall distinct feelings in each house. One made me feel cozy, the other isolated, another comfortable. I've never had a house make me feel bad, though. Thanks for posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: