You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Not So Home Sweet Home

Real Ghost Stories

Not So Home Sweet Home

 

My story is not about a particular incident. It is about things that have been going on in my house.

I just moved here a month ago. I have heard cabinet doors slamming. I also have the feeling someone is watching me, especially in the bathroom. Water dripping, the sink was turned on and off. The toilet flushing, sounds of someone walking up the steps on the front porch, and in the house, also whispering.

This morning before I took my boyfriend to his rig, he said he did not sleep well. He heard water dripping, all kinds of sounds, and someone one whistling. Both our cell phones dying quite fast after being fully charged, and had not been used at all. My phone was turned off several times, when I know I set the alarm, and left it on charger... This has happened twice. Luckily I woke up before it was to go off.

We both have an uneasy feeling when we are in the house. I am not a scary person, and I am used to camping out by myself but even the grounds creeps me out at night time.

I heard, although I don't know how true it is, there was fighting here and on the properties surrounding it. I know of one person dying in the house. I don't think there is anything harmful here, but it is very unnerving. I also know it has the usual sounds of a house settling. That would not contribute to what we are hearing.

It is a very nice house, and it isn't all that old. I think it was built around the 1970's. My friends are the people who built it. Her parents lived here for years until the father died. The mother lived here, and was put in a nursing home, before she died.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sheilarae58, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Hi Sheilarae58! Great experience and thank you for sharing it with us. Our home have the same thing when we first live here. Even until now the sound of falling things or banging pans are heard every once in a while especially if we had visitors that are staying over. (I guess "they" don't like having unknown people in our home) but its a bit subtle now than before. My mom said that she talked to our "unseen/s" once. Telling them that she doesn't mind having them live along with us as long as keep their 'presence' in minimum (meaning: No hiding of things, turning the TV on or off, banging of things, running around at night as well as closing the toilet door).

You could ask them the same as well and also tell them that they can stay as long as they won't harm anyone in your family.
If you want to make them go away you could as for RookDygin's advice.
Sheilarae58 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Thank you, it is more annoying than anything. I did talk to the lady who built it... This land supposedly was part of the battles in the past. There is a road bed that runs in front of my house that was the main road. The rumor I was told about the man dying in the house was just rumor. I know there was also indians in the area. I have been having some weird dreams about indians taking women and a child named Billy, may be nothing but who knows. I am afraid but I am not leaving the house. My boyfriend was scared as well he was glad to get back on the road
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
I totally agree with badjuujuu. I think that you may wish to have the blessing done by whatever makes you comfortable. It sounds as if you do have some paranormal going on in the house. I don't like the feelings you have of being uneasy. Usually our intuitions speak loudly, if we listen. I may also try to speak in a very loud and stern voice... Such as; we live here now and we do not want to be bothered by all of this nonsense. I know that may sound weird but sometimes the paranormal are just as frightened as you are. They do these things because they know not what else to do. Keep us posted. Also... Ask the builders and owners of the home if they ever had any strange occurrences happen, if you feel comfortable doing that.

Zeta.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Ok, going to ask about the cell phones first. What kind are they, how old are they? Some smart phones have cringe inducing battery life. My first smart phone had to be charged every two hours. Period. Whether it was used or not. God I hated that thing! Shortly after the Droid Incredible came out. Almost as bad. Point is, some phones have lousy batteries. Go online and search user reviews for your phones and see what other users are saying about them. If the phones are old though, the batteries may just be wearing out and aren't able to keep a charge for as long. If you have smart phones, their batteries seem to deteriorate quicker than a dumb phone's battery.
Now that I've bored you with that, your house. Definitely sounds like someone is there besides you and your partner. That's a lot of interaction to have been in the house such a short amount of time. Your housemate may be stuck in this world, unwilling or unable to cross over to the next. If your housemate is unable to cross over, you can talk him through it. There are a couple of posters here who have successfully crossed someone and could tell you how to accomplish it. I've never done a crossing so I wouldn't feel right trying to tell you how. I know it can be done, but the presence has to be willing to cross over.
I think it would be a good idea for you to have the house blessed by whatever means you are comfortable with. I kind of think of blessing a new home as a means of claiming that home as your own and sending a message that it's yours now and you are in charge. So, Christian, Pagan, whatever works for you, have a blessing done.
Best wishes.
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
Sounds like you have someone living in the house that hasn't moved on. As long as it's not harming you I would think it's going to be okay. I don't see anything harmful in what you're experienced.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
All those things add up to a pretty scary experience.

Can you do more research on the land?

You live in a lovely state, by the way. It is magical!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: