You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Entity Laying Next to Me

Real Ghost Stories

Entity Laying Next to Me

 

I recently had read a story in a trashy magazine while in a hair dressers that sounded so much like I had experienced that I decided to write here now, thinking I may not have dreamt it and that someone else has experienced a very similar situation (but can I say I started writing this story last night while I was in bed and every time I tried to submit it, it just wouldn't work and I ended up losing the whole story which scared me a bit, you'll see why later as you read on).

My husband was working interstate, so me and my dog had the whole queen size bed to ourselves (the dog in her own bed next to me on the floor). It was probably early in the morning - as I have a pretty good ritual of waking up around any time between 1 and 3am - to feel what appeared to be warmth next to my skin as well as the feeling of body hair. I initially thought that my husband must have come home and snuck into bed, but I then thought that there was no way as he wasn't due home and the dog would have arose to any sounds as well as the fact my husband would definitely have woken me up to say "Hello". With this thought I reached over next to me to feel absolutely nothing not even warm sheets. I partially sat up looked around in the dark to see nothing in the shadows of clock radio light and I also checked my dog who appeared to be sound asleep in a tight ball in her bed. I pulled the quilt up over my head to suddenly feel hands wrap around my waist and pull me down into the bed.

I then woke up! I was cold and shaken and really didn't think it was a dream. I again felt next to me and the dog and as before everything was fine. I then again pulled up the quilt over my head and waited for myself to fall back asleep.

I don't know what it was. I do get feelings and psychic sensitivities but have never tried to work with these so called "powers". I will one day get the courage to check them out as I do have some pretty graphic dreams but I really feel this wasn't a dream as it really upset me.

The house I live in has been there for over 10 years with a few owners before, we have been there 4 years now and although I have had a few strange happenings I don't think its haunted!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Covah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kylie (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
I too have had a similar experience. I can't offer advice other than that in my experience I was in an extremely stressed time of my life. The experience didn't change my decisions other than getting me more interested with paranormal activity.

It has now been about 16 months since that experience and I have had other in bed paranormal activity usually when I'm just getting to sleep or just waking up. Nothing waking me and no odd dreaming like it. And atm my life is much better after some hard thinking and decisions on new life choices to better the life 'I' want.

I hope you are sleeping well now.:)
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
A point of confusion---She says "I then woke up!" in paragraph 3; then in the next paragraph she says "I really feel this was'nt a dream..."

So which one is it?
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Dear Covah,
listen I don't know what it was but I think its upsetting too. Any ways every true story that I read gives the reader a glimpse of what the perosn is like and I can tell that most people are just like me! Lol but no seriously.
Truly,
Hunters 😁 😐
Samwise (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
I agree with the sleep paralysis suggestion; I have sleep paralysis often and my experiences sound similar to Covah's description of the situation - they happen in the early hours of the morning, they feel physical, and you can be in between the hypnogogic and hypnopompic states of sleep (also having a dog not sensing a presence in the room may indicate the experience is coming from within the person). Hmmm. Great post and comments (I agree with Abby's suggestions).
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hello Covah. I thought you needed help with your problem? I'm kind of wondering why you never post any kind of comments on your own story. As for what I think of your story, I think that it is possible that you experienced sleep paralysis. Since you never responded to any comments here, I am assuming that you aren't bothered by this 'entity' anymore and that you won't be even reading this comment but I'm posting it anyway. I guess a waste of time as I am talking to thin air! 😊

SHELBY
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Dear Covah,

If you feel empowered in your waking life then you will be so in your dreaming state, whether it be before you fall asleep, in dream state or right before you awaken. The stronger you are and the more assertive the less negative beings seen or unseen and alive or dead can take advantage of you awake or asleep.

You can imagine a protective white or purple light around your entire body, head to toe and wrapped in a cocoon. This can be your imaginative, mind's vision of your protective armor before you sleep and any time you need it in sleeping or waking state. You can call upon anyone you believe in to help protect you, the larger your army of love the better. This would be up to you and your belief system. Oh, the army of protectors, well they could be beloved relatives alive or dead, archangels, angels, God/Goddess and so forth. You can also meditate or pray for protection, or both. It is my belief there is no overkill when it comes to protection and to finding a solution.

Drawing boundaries, getting to know who you are, pumping up your own self esteem, loving yourself and setting boundaries is a great starter for not allowing unwanted and uninvited, dead or alive guests into your life, space and environment. The more armed you are with knowledge and with love the more you will be able to face the unknown, your fears and anything else this 3D physical life and even the paranormal life can and will throw at you.--Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
if it is an actual entity making physical contact in this manner, well- I would be terrifiedc also!

try Shanes suggestion, the lavender and jasmine are very relaxing.

i have no experience with crystals, but prayer always helps
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-12)
Covah, it could be one of two things. If at the time of the events taking place you were in a stressful or overly excited mood it could have been sleep paralysis. If not then it could have been paranormal. If it was paranormal I can make the suggestion of burning lavander or jasmine incense in your bedroom before going to sleep at night. You could also try and wear a cleansed charged clear quartz crystal "try saying that ten times fast"😊 and this will help to absorb or repell any negative energies. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: