You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of Marayoor

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Marayoor

 

This incident still sends shivers on my spine whenever I remember it. It happened to me when I was in Coimbatore. One day Jayanthan a friend of me, suggested a trip to Munnar. I was always willing to take a break from my tight schedule. We planned a trip of 5 days.

Munnar is a hill station on the Western Ghats, a range of mountains situated in the Idukki district of the Indian state of Kerala. On the way there is a place called Marayoor which is 40kms north of Munnar. Marayur is the only place in Kerala that has natural sandalwood forests. It is a heavenly place with mild climate. Jayanthan had a friend named Anand in Marayoor.

We decided to spend 2 days in Marayoor with Anand in his home. His home is situated on top of a hill. We climbed that hill and reached his home by evening. The view from the hill was fantastic. Hills surrounded by clouds was worth to watch. Anand and his Grandma are the only persons in his home. We spent the night by playing cards. At about 11pm we hit the sack.

When Jayanthan woke me up it was early morning and Sun is shining. He said to me that there is a surprise outside. I woke up, half asleep, put my sweater, opened the door and went outside. When I asked him what it is, he shushed me and signaled to simply follow him.

He was leading me to a secluded area and I was wondering what is the surprise. When I was just about to step inside the bush someone gripped on my shoulder and I turned back. Suddenly the area became dark as night. In fact it was night. It was Anand who caught me on the way. He asked me "Where are you going at this night?". I was confused and I turned to call Jayanthan. But he was not there.

I told Anand that Jayanthan woke me up and asked me to follow him. Anand quickly grabbed my hand and took me to home. There Jayanthan was sleeping peacefully in his bed. I fell on the floor out of sheer horror. When I regained my conciousness, I was lying on my bed and everyone was watching me. Someone has smeared my forehead with holy ash.

Anand told me to sleep well and sat beside me. At morning Anand's Grandma told me what happened in previous night. There is a certain type of demon who has the ability to control the minds of others. It comes in disguise as our close relatives or friends and lure the victim to a peak and make them jump.

Fortunately Anand heard the door opening and he said that I was walking like in a trance. He understood the situation quickly and saved me from death. He told me that next time someone wakes me up to show surprises, make sure to check the time. We went to a nearby Shiva temple and tied a sacred thread on my hand.

From that day onwards I used to check the time when I wake up. That incident changed my concept about reality.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pradeep, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Awesome story, there are chances you would have roamed around in the wilderness, this actually attracts negative entities... Good that your friend heard you opening the door and going out...
Check out my blog for some more stories from KERALA
Http://realindianghoststories.blogspot.in/
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Dear Pradeep, that was really scary indeed. Thank God that Anand was there to save you. Good of you that you visited Shiva temple next day.

I don't know how I missed this story of yours earlier.

But to tell you the truth, Munnar, I have always learnt from many of my friends involved in paranormal, is famous for hauntings, tantriks, especially to create Mohinis.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
aimen (11 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-08)
wow that was scary... Thanks to your friend who saved your life...!
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
Good thing you were taken to the Shiva Temple. When Shiva the creator of this entire universe and the holy father in heaven is protecting you there is no force in the entire universe that can even cause a small scratch on you.
And the day he opens his third eye towards the Devil and his demons they will be be destroyed in such a manner that as if they had never existed in the first place.
Pradeep (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Thanks for all your comments my friends... I will come with more...
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Dear Pradeep,
Awesome storytelling, just the kind one would find in Indian lore.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
wow! That is cool. I don't really believe in demons, but this one makes sense. Awesome story. I hope you have more that you will put up.
GIRLIE ❤
indrajitD (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
i found some of the stories from kipling and mukerjee online though... See if you can get the books

Http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17113/17113-h/17113-h.htm

Http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2806/2806-h/2806-h.htm
indrajitD (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Unexplained:

Well, i'm posting links for some of the widely known indian ghost story collections from famous writers

There is the ruskin bond omnibus, wait let me post the link:
Http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/475169.The_Ruskin_Bond_Omnibus

Then there is the phantom rickshaw and other eerie tales:
Http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Rickshaw-Other-Eerie-Tales/dp/1842329510

And this a good one too...Mr. Mukherjee's Ghosts:
Http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1499612.Mr_Mukerji_s_Ghosts
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Hi Pradeep, just read the link thanks.

IndrajitD, could you tell me where I can read these stories?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Oh My God! That's quite scary! 😨 Indeed you were lucky to be seen by Anand that night. I have also heard about incidents like this from others. Take care!
indrajitD (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
There are billions of stories if one can listen to coming from all over the country and since most of tthe folks in india prefer english, the popular works on such stuffs are in english too... I have read many of them especially real accounts of people from differrnt territories and cultures...
Pradeep (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
To Unexplained:

Thank you brother... I have checked paranormal books in India and there are lots, but unfortunately they are in regional languages... Anyway I got a link... Http://www.pustakmahal.com/books/book/paranormal-experiences-dr-mehra-shrikhande/isbn-9788178061665/zb,,41a,a,19,INR,0,3e8/index.html

I haevn't read this one. Anyway check this out... Hope it is a good one...
subhanjita (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
very good account as I am myself from India 😁 wish that you give more experiences like this
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
An excellent account. Man, you guys in India write the best experiences with ghosts and demons! Keep it up! Would love to read about more.

Are there any books out there on this kind of thing (in English) about experiences with the paranormal in India?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: