You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Green Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Green Apparition

 

This took place when I was about 9 or 10 years old at my (at the time) closest friend, Yani's house. We went to school together and neither of us to my knowledge had ever seen or heard anything that might be considered a ghost (or any other paranormal entity). I was staying the night there and we has just recently gone to bed for the night. I was laying on the floor while my friend was in his bed.

I hadn't fallen asleep and I heard my friend say "look look!" I usually sleep on my side so I turned over and saw a vaguely humanoid, semi-transparent, green figure just hovering in front of the door. It almost seemed like it had the consistency of an egg white in that I could only partially see through it to the door. I also recall that the center of the being looked more solid, then became more transparent around the parameter of its form. I was pretty freaked out and I remember Yani saying "do you see it?" I could tell he was scared as was I. The green figure didn't make any sound but just floated there, sort of moving in place. I don't remember what I said to Yani or what I did then, but I'm pretty sure that I covered my head with the blanket. His mother didn't seem like she believed us when we told her but the experience was pretty vivid.

It's been many years since that happened and I'm no longer in contact with Yani so it's tough to put down all of the details about it now.

Other hauntings by akaglowboy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, akaglowboy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fran88 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
i too saw a green figure a few years back I'm so confused it was green and sparkled I no that might sound strange but that's what I saw and it petrefied me I have never been so scared in my life I could see its face and its eyes locked with mine and creeped up to me a centermeter away from my nose and stared me out it was scary and ugly I went to a pcyhcic and she told me it was witch craft brought into my house but it wasn't ment for me which is really confusing until this day... Hope all is well for you know peace fran
scathach16 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
I believe I have seen the same type of green apparition. When I was a child, I would see them around my house, just standing there like you described. They were kind of fuzzy, meaning I could see through them, but I could still clearly see the outline of their bodies. The ones I saw were tall and lanky, and like you said, "humanoid," but not human. I haven't seen one since I was about 10 or so, and I have to say that I am thankful for that.
Bobshailer (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
I study demonology as a hobby and green apparitions are classed as a sign of demonic activity by the catholic church.

The interesting thing about demonic infestations however, is that different demons have different personalities, so you can often tell which individual demon is involved from the details of the encounter/infestation. Interestingly green is supposed to the color representing envy, and demons are definately supposed to envy humans - since we have a physical body and a human soul (human desire) which demons are supposed to covert.

I've heard of two instances where green fuzzy aparitions were documented, both were in Los Angeles. One of which appeared to a young child, showing the young girl the face of Jesus Chris.

Ockham's razor would suggest a prank is more likely, but assuming for a minute that a demon is involved, it may be the same one as in those other two cases. It's worth trying to find out the name of the demon in question, apparently if you know their name you have power over them.
akaglowboy (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
The possibility that it was a joke or prank has crossed my mind when I think back on it. What we saw was independent of any surface meaning that it wasn't "on" a surface like the wall or door as a video projection would be, it was hovering on its own. I can't fathom how he could have pulled off an illusion like that.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-12)
akaglowboy, thank you for sharing your story with us. I wonder do you think your friend Yani could have been pulling the wool over your eyes. Even going and speaking to his mother it all could have been a prank. Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: