You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Man At The Foot Of My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Man At The Foot Of My Bed

 

I am 21 years old, I live with my boyfriend and his family in an old house, it was built in the 1920's I am told.

My boyfriend and I share a room in the attic that has been re-done.

The first time I ever went there I had a funny feeling (maybe it's just because its an old house)

Whenever we had friends over, all the girls used to go upstairs to chat away from the guys, every time they went up there they would say its creepy and we would all go back downstairs, sometimes even run.

Once there were about 4 girls in the room and we heard a thud and all got scared so we couldn't get downstairs fast enough.

The room is large and has a bar, lounge area and an area where our bed is, our bed faces the big window in the room. One night, maybe a year or so ago (2011) my boyfriend and I were sleeping, in our room (the attic) when I suddenly woke up from a nightmare, which I don't have very often. I looked up and right in front of me at the foot of our bed by the window was a black mass that was in the shape of a man. I can't say it was a shadow because it was solid. I couldn't see a face, but I felt like it was looking at me. I remember wanting to scream but when I tried to, all that came out my mouth was a weird squeal. I quickly woke my boyfriend up to tell him what I had seen, but he told me I was probably still dreaming. But it wasn't a dream I distinctly remember waking up and seeing it and still thinking if I should scream in case I wake his parents up. I was terrified and did not go back to sleep that night. To this day I haven't seen it again, and hope I never do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, danij123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Chances are you will not ever see that again. First off; this is an old house with a lot of history. Could be a previous tenant, could be someone that has nothing to do with the house at all. Many times in our sleep we get visitors that we don't even know about unless we happen to wake up. Sometimes it is beloved family members or friends checking in on us. I suppose you couldn't scream because you were so scared. Anyway, hope this doesn't happen to you again but to me sounds harmless. Good luck to you though. Are you still living there?

Zeta.
batVkitty (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
What you just experienced was a sleep paralysis. I had one too recently. It was weird because there was a guy in my house waiting to go in my bathroom after I got out... In this dream I was wondering "what the heck" and as I got out of the bathroom, he kept on looking at me all of a sudden, his face turned into a demons face! I was frightened. I was trying to move and scream but I couldn't afterwards! I tried to scream my brothers name, Thats when I heard all these whispers around me and I heard that evil laugh (the laugh from the woman that laughs at the guy at the end of the movie "insidious" when hes yelling "get away from me!" in front of a mirror)! But I was half awake because I could see my brothers sleeping and I could see the room we were in! I prayed in my dreams and I think it worked. I woke up then to the sound of my neighbors friend because they were talking loudly outside... I stayed in my bed until one of my brothers woke up because the thought of the demon next to my bathroom was scary!
ColsenyBoo (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
It could of been a coat forming into a man. I don't know but maybe. Has anyone died in the house you live in? 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Hi danij123,
It must be scary, to awaken from a nightmare, to find someone/something at the foot of your bed.

What happened to this 'form'? Did it just vanish? Or did it fade away?

It is almost impossible to tell what this could have been, without more details.

Do you have a history of seeing paranormal beings? Was this your first, or only experience? Has anybody else in that house, had experiences that were weird?

Sorry for all the questions, but people need more information, before coming to any conclusions!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: