You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Happy Music Box Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Happy Music Box Experience

 

I had commented previously on another story about my music box collection after reading another poster's story about music boxes. This story is not a scary story but a wonderful sign that I believe I received.

My mother and father are both passed. My mother passed before my father and my father passed about two years ago. It is very difficult to lose your parents, no matter what age you are. I mourn over my parents and it never gets easier but you learn to continue on with your life, knowing that is what your parents would wish for you to do.

After my father passed, we cleaned out his house and ultimately ended up selling it. I took a picture of my mother and father. It was in a frame and they both looked so happy in it. I set the picture frame on my end table in my bedroom and there it sat until this occurrence.

The day that this happened, I was in my bedroom making my bed. It happened to be my mother and father's anniversary that day so I was feeling rather glum. I was thinking about both of them, missing them and wishing they were here. All of a sudden I heard a music box go off. It played a tune I was not familiar with. I went to my area where I have all of my music boxes displayed. I opened up everyone and played everyone, trying to ascertain what music box went off. I could not hear it from any of them so I finally gave up and went back to making my bed. I heard my mom's voice, maybe in my head... Not sure, but she said, "You are not going to give up that easily are you?" And just then I turned to look at the picture of my mother and father. I walked over to it and picked it up. On the back of it was a wind up, which I had not noticed before. I turned it and sure enough, it was the song that had played... The song that played, "The Anniversary Song". I sat down and cried tears of joy, knowing that my parents had come through on their anniversary. Just another sign that life does not end when our body does.

Other hauntings by zetafornow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zetafornow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
such a lovely story and it bought tears in my eyes as I type this tears are dropping from eyes. Its really nice to know when our dear ones try to keep in touch with us after they pass. I am really touched by this.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
Gosh, what a lovely story! I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes xxx ❤ ❤
Nelli9x (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
thats a rather great occurrence, isn't it? I guess the ones we love really are watching over us
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
First of all my condolences to you for your parents passing. It's never easy to lose someone you love. Although I haven't lost my parents (hopefully, I don't have to for many years to come), losing my grandmother was really hard and although it has been more than five years since she passed, I really missed her and some days are worse than others but she is never far from my mind.

As granny said, next time issue a tissue warning before writing a story like this because it made me cry.
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Zeta
Short, simple and beautiful...
This one is going straight to my favourites.
Thanks

Gargoyle
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Zeta,

What a touching story. I am glad your parents brought you some comfort on their anniversary.

*hugs*

LW
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Thank you for the kind words Josh. 😊
I will cherish that experience forever.

Zeta.
MrJV545 (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Condolences for losing your parents, Zeta.

I feel so happy for you for the fact that your parents still watch over you and let you know that they are doing so. They really love you and didn't want to see you in such pain on their special day. Zeta, treasure that moment and remember it forever, for there aren't many of us who can say that we've had such positive experiences like this.

Sincerely,
Josh Vazquez
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. It is nice to know that there are people are here that have been through experiences, such as mine, and can relate to it. That is one of the reasons I come to this site. It is a great community with a lot of caring people. I know that all paranormal experiences are not as nice as this one, but I have had both kinds and I prefer this kind. 😊 Granny I'll remember the tissue warning next time. Miracles I think you may be right... I should know better than to second-guess myself. Aussie thanks for sharing the wonderful experience of yours also. And thank you to the rest for reading and sharing. And to all of the parents of the world... Thank You for all you do and have done!

Zeta.
Argette (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Really uplifting story! And all totally possible. Thank you for posting.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
That is the sweetest, most beautiful experience. I'm crying a little.
Thanks for sharing this, you made my day better.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Zeta- it is true that no matter what age you are, or how others may think someone has lived long enough... It is always tough losing your parents and confronting life from that point onwards without the two people in your life who for most of it mattered the most... I have lost both my parents and have been blessed after there death to see and talk to them from beyond and it does make life just that tiny little bit easier to bear, so I fully understand how you felt knowing your father and mother came through for you in the way they did... Your account instantly brought back a memory that my mother shared with me shortly after my father passed away and I feel like I have to share this with you... My mother was alone and on her own with a broken heart, knowing that the only man she has ever loved was now gone, Sitting in her lounge room emotionally drained and feelings of despair and confronting life for the first time alone, a wind up guitar suddenly started playing on its own, the song in question was Love me tender by Elvis Presley... The guitar played for a few seconds and the words to the tune that my mother heard was this... "FOR MY DARLING I LOVE YOU" and my mother knew in her heart that this was a sign from my father and it did give her some comfort at the time from best of memory... My mother lived another 10 years on her own, never interested in meeting anyone else and died in 2009 after her own battle with cancer and is now in spirit in the arms of her loving husband my late father... I just thought I would share that with you Zeta and support your account with another one for the record that our departed loved ones do interact with us in such ways... Thank you for sharing a wonderful story, chin up mate and one day after our days are done here we'll be back with them to continue on live over there just as we did here and I'm sure we'll be thinking of our children and reaching out to them, just as our parents are thinking about us!

Daz
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
zeta what a great story, I feel is good to read happy things in life, I too have lost my dad 18 years ago, lucky mum is still with us,, but honestly for me as time when on its gets easier but most days I remember him... Thanks for the nice story... DI ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
OMG this is truly amazing Zeta, I felt electricity shoot through my body whilst reading your story! 😁
If that isn't a sign what is? It is great to know that they are still looking over you with love. What a great account thank you for sharing this with us all here! 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
ZETA! Tissue warnings! Remember? 😆...Wow, I have goosebumps and tears... What a great experience... I love reading this kind of story...

It never seizes to amaze me how our loved ones know the best ways to comfort us... No doubt, they were letting you know they love you, and were there for you...

Thank you so much for posting ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
zeta - what a wonderful, beautiful story. I'm glad I got to read this one before going to bed.

As for you questioning whether or not you heard your mom's voice, I believe with everything in me that you definitely heard your mom.

Thank you for sharing this with us ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: