You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Footsteps With No One Around

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps With No One Around

 

This story isn't scary. I decided to share it with you in case anyone had anything like this.

Since my first story here I was having little more strange occurrences that scared the crap out of me. I'm not sure whether or not it has some link between my passion toward the ghost-thing and me. Well let me guide you through.

Today's morning was a usual morning for me when I was getting ready for my workout. Since I threw away my last cigarette I decided to get back my bulk which I had 7-8 years ago before I met my ex-wife (she was a witch for god sake, not directly of course but I've never met energy vampire before throughout my whole life and she was one of that kind of creature with human face). Now back to the story.

I've been making some strawberry smoothies; I like to drink some beverages before my workout to give my muscles a little additional energy.

When I put all the ingredients in the mixer and pushed the button I've heard something which appeared to me as footsteps around the bathroom area. I turned the mixer off for a second... And I hear nothing.

I thought I was still like sleeping it was around 6 am at that morning and I have been sleeping for 6 hours in total. So shrugging it off as a sign that I should sleep more I continued making my smoothie.

Once I pushed the button again, guess what? Yes, exactly I heard the footsteps again, but one thing that was different at this time was that the footsteps were much louder and more distinct as if someone has been dancing polka and tried to emphasize each step or something like this. The only ones who can make footsteps that morning was my cat and I, but my cat definitely can't dance polka (at least I didn't see her doing this) and she can't walk as an adult man whose weight was at least 180 lbs either. I grab my bat and prepare myself for self defense against maybe robbers or intruder, I don't know. As I opened the kitchen door I saw nothing. I am a big guy, you know, and definitely not of those kind of men who is hiding or running away. But that night I felt a real apprehensive for my life.

I was shocked and irritated because I was (and still am) convinced that someone or something had been walking around my hall that morning. Someone with two feet regarding his (its) movement pattern.

I was standing there completely lost and curious.

My undercooked smoothie was still in the mixer. I took the mixer, drunk the smoothie, ate some cake.

While drinking I was thinking to myself about what happened I didn't know what to think. My cat was asleep. While drinking I didn't hear anything and nothing like this had ever happened that morning. Everything was quiet and peaceful.

As I finished with drinking I was about to get my jeans and shirt... While I was dressing up I look around and everything was pretty normal. Things were there where I left them, nothing was out of place and nobody was in the apartment accept me and my "dancing" cat. Just footsteps, two times in a row: loud, distinct footsteps and exactly I heard them around my hall, near the bathroom.

Well that's the story. I know maybe this one isn't worth any attention but anyway. Things happen and often we can't even tell for sure that we were just visited by a ghost.

Good day to everyone:)

Other hauntings by TimDefacto

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TimDefacto, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hey timdefacto very interesting story. I love how toward the end you called your cat the dancing cat lol. Funny, anyway I love your story and good luck figuring out what and where those foot steps are coming from.
buckaroocat (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
Interesting... Does your home have any deaths in its past. That's what I checked for my home. I found out that a trail of settlers came through my backyard and out of the fifty families one of them stayed, they also died there of natural causes... They stayed in my back yard for two generations and over a period of ninety years.
Gary25 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Footsteps with no one around. It can seem a bit like a candid kind of haunting expeirience; but you know what they say: Beggars can't be choosers.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
TimDefacto: Hahaha I'm sorry but the description you gave of your ex wife made me laugh I love the details 😆. When it comes to paranormal experiences and electrical goods are involved I believe a lot of them can be thrown out because electricity does affect inanimate things including us (EMF etc). I would test it out again and sleuth it out! Thanks for sharing.

Dan
TimDefacto (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
I did. Blender is fine. It works just perfectly. I can't explain what it was. Maybe it was just my imagination but what I heard was as real as a real man has been walking throughout my hall toward the bathroom.
Well anyway as I said before nothing really meaningful has happened. I saw nothing, my cat didn't pay any attention... I just heard something but I don't know what it was.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
TimDefacto - BadJuuJuu has a point. Check out the blender just to make sure. I had a box fan that I finally figured out was causing some of the "voices" in my home. It took me awhile to figure it out, but finally I realized every time I turned it off those voices stopped. Turned it back on, they started right back up. And it wasn't white noise either LOL. I figured it out by turning it on from low to high 😆

Anyway, point is sometimes our electrical things do make weird, unusual noises. So does our shower water. I always think the phone is ringing when I'm in the shower, but that's another conversation😆

By the way, polka-dancing cat... Love it!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Hm, you only heard this while the blender was going? It might have been the blender noise. I have a fan that always sounds like someone walking around in the next room. Seriously creeped me out, then made me a little ticked off when I realized it was just the fan.
Test it out. Listen for steps whenever you make your smoothies, and just for the sake of covering all bases spread some flour or powder on the floor where it sounds like the steps are coming from. If anything is walking around it should leave a print or two.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: