You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crazy The Follower

Real Ghost Stories

Crazy The Follower

 

My up close and personal experiences with the paranormal all began at my dad's old home. Just for some background info my parents divorced in fifth grade and I primary lived at his house. As far as I know, the house itself was NOT haunted because it was newly built. I really want to tell you guys about some of my experiences because they're so strange and I cannot get them out of my head. I have told few people and almost no one believes me but I can assure you these are very real occurrences.

One day in sixth grade my dad told me about his new girlfriend and her son Dalton who were going to come over so that I could meet them. Dalton was a normal southern redneck kid and we soon turned into pretty close friends.

A couple weeks after knowing this kid, we were lying on my bunk beds talking about whatever middle schoolers talk about when he asked me if I believe in ghosts. I was skeptical at the time because I had never seen one in real life. He told me that sometimes he would get up at night and see an old man walking around in the living room (I later found out he had been seeing this spirit for years) and random things would disappear. I seriously doubted any of this was true at the time but I was definitely proven wrong.

A few nights later this spirit decided to "introduce" itself to me. We were sitting on my bed watching TV after our parents left to go grocery shopping when I saw something faintly move out of the corner of my eye. I turned its way (which was in the corner of the room) and all I can describe seeing is a swirling mass of dense air in the outline of a man (I don't know how else to explain it... You know on a hot summer day when you look down a long road and you can see that kind of steamy dense air rise up from the ground? Yes, it looked EXACTLY like that.) before it darted across the room and disappeared. I was petrified and Dalton just laughed like it was nothing. He turned off the TV and told me to listen closely. This is something I will never forget. For about twenty minutes I heard low humming sounds, HUMAN humming sounds, coming from no definite place in the room but everywhere at the same time. I was perplexed about the whole situation and the hair on my neck was most definitely standing up, but I do recall that it sounded strangely calming and almost beautiful. There is no possible way Dalton could have been making it up either because he was talking to me while we were hearing the humming!

That was also probably the longest night of my entire life. When we went to bed I was so worried this thing was going to pop up and scare me in the middle of the night that I didn't fall asleep until the sun came up.

Later that week the spirit (which Dalton for some reason called 'Crazy') made my worst fear come true. I was walking into my room where Dalton was when out of nowhere a demon's face manifested itself right up in mine. I was paralyzed and could not move or scream until the face disappeared. This horrible electrifying feeling engulfed me and the whole time felt like AN ETERNITY even though it all happened in about five seconds. When I could move again I screamed at the top of my lungs and later asked Dalton why the ghost manifested itself as a demon. "He was just playing around" was his response. I wanted to know the truth about 'Crazy' and Dalton told me it had been following him since he was younger, although he didn't know exactly who Crazy really was. This frightened me. I had no idea ghosts have the ability to follow people.

Something very peculiar which I reluctantly want to tell you is that Dalton sometimes would 'play' with Crazy. I clearly remember walking into my room one time seeing Dalton acting as if he was reeling in a fishing rod. I thought this kid was going nuts. He told me to look at the ground and I nearly jumped out of my own skin. What I saw on the ground looked like the shadow of a large fish. I could not believe my eyes. You know how when you brush carpet one way it has a lighter shade and when you brush against it the other way it has a darker shade? That's what it looked like, a dark shape of a fish against a lighter shade of carpet surrounding it, except this freakin shadow fish thing physically moved around the floor before disappearing.

One of the last encounters I had was when Crazy decided to play the infamous hiding game on me. I had a toy dinosaur which used to sit on my desk when I noticed all of the sudden it disappeared one night. And then it reappeared on my bed two minutes later. And right after that my toy tank went missing, then reappeared. This went on with three or four more objects.

The last experience I had was when one of the books on my bookshelf came flying at my feet. And of course, it just so happened to be a book about the paranormal! Clearly this ghost wanted to be known!

These occurrences stopped when my dad broke up with his girlfriend. Go figure.

I want your guys' opinions on this spirit: do you think it was good, playful, demonic, or just plain mischievous? And more importantly, why in the world was it following Dalton?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hemp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hemp (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
Aussiedaz: I'm not too sure what you're getting at... Neither of us have or have had any mental disabilities, ever. I'm a very rational person and I do believe everything has an explanation, be it simple explanations from our physical realm or spiritual interactions. I know for a fact that the manifestation was 'Crazy' because whenever this spirit was in the house I would get an uneasy feeling (maybe the feeling of being vulnerable to something that you can't always see?) and I definetly had that feeling before it manifested itself.
* (For some other people and I believe this is the category you fall under, the fear of the experience is so great, it often leads to a condition called sleep paralysis, which is generated by inner fear and orchestrated by usually visual accounts such as demons along with shadows and other strange things so terrifying is the account it usually cripples them into the point of paralysis... IMO, Daltons spiritual friend had no hand in your account with seeing the face of a demon and Dalton was just probably trying to settle you down by making light of what you saw) *
First of all, I wasn't EXTREMELY scared of this entity or whatever it was, just sometimes frightened. The only times I saw 'shadows' were the shadow fish things. The spirit himself I never saw as a shadow.
I do not think your explanation about sleep paralysis completely true... Or at least I believe it doesn't apply to my case. I'll admit I've always had an inner fear of spirits, but many other people do too. Also, Why would Dalton introduce me to this spirit, be truthful about everything I wanted to know about it, and then lie to my face after I saw the demon manifestation, just to calm me down? That makes no sense at all. Plus Dalton told me that he had been scared by this spirit before (he had also seen it manifest as a demon, although I wasn't there when it happened so I don't really know what it looked like), and for some reason I knew it was bound to happen to me too.

Darkness: I'm glad you asked that question! Almost every time this spirit was in the house I would get an uneasy gut feeling. Not anything extreme, though.
Please elaborate on anything that maybe sounds confusing to you. I tried to explain these encounters the best I could.

Shiver: What were your experiences like? Any details? Did the humming sound ominous or calming?

One more thing I want to include...
I ate shrooms a few months ago and had a 'bad trip'. I've only done shrooms twice. Like I stated before, I never did drugs at the time I was seeing the spirit. Anyways, I was in my friend's house and when I was tripping I looked at his picture frames on the wall. This is what made my trip bad (actually, horrifying). The objects in the pictures moved in the EXACT same cartoon-like way that they had when Crazy played the dolphin/picture illusion on me five years back. The only hallucinations I saw in the entire trip WERE the objects in the pictures moving. I wonder if psychedelics make it easier for spirits to somehow manifest themselves in our physical realm? ANY IDEAS?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
There's no doubt about you and Dalton tuning into the spiritual realm on the same wave length and in the same zone for most of your account, for Dalton, he was comfortable with this spirit and his accounts with him and they are the type of communicative relationships you would expect when the living and ex living meet in the middle with no distraction external or internal of spiritual mind... For you, it was not quite the same, In your account just before you saw the face of a demon Q;
(That was also probably the longest night of my entire life. When we went to bed I was so worried this thing was going to pop up and scare me in the middle of the night that I didn't fall asleep until the sun came up)

Then after this, later that week you saw the face of a demon "POP UP" before feeling paralysed? I feel this is important for you to understand, so basically you can feel better and move on at this later point in your life knowing the answer to your whole account by realising what you experienced was 2 fold...1. Paranormal and 2 Sleep paralysis combined...Here's my explanation, when spirits try to interact with us, most people and myself at one point for a while, are so frighten or shaken by the whole ordeal we react differently to them, for some people they go on the attack by confronting what ever it was that had crossed into our realm, their space and path with mild to moderate aggression... Some people will throw punches and pillows and challenge the spiritual intruder vocally as a means of taking control of the situation and this does to a degree pacify there own fears by deleting them some how by this method... For some other people and I believe this is the category you fall under, the fear of the experience is so great, it often leads to a condition called sleep paralysis, which is generated by inner fear and orchestrated by usually visual accounts such as demons along with shadows and other strange things so terrifying is the account it usually cripples them into the point of paralysis... IMO, Daltons spiritual friend had no hand in your account with seeing the face of a demom and Dalton was just probably trying to settle you down by making light of what you saw... Our spiritual mind is almighty powerful and fear can fabricate such accounts should the climate be right for them... The rest of you account is intriguing... And the shadow of a fish and Dalton fishing in his room could also belong to that part of the spiritual mind that we use for all the right reasons when we move on... Thank you for sharing and I expect, that in the next life... Dalton may just might take you fishing to a spot also familiar with him.

Daz.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
hemp: Wow I like this account of yours really bizarre isn't it, I don't think at all that this is a demon, its more then likely a mischivious spirit just having a bit of fun, and wanting a bit of attention. Although a lot of what you described in your replies here have me scratching my head a bit, I get the impression that whatever this is is quite powerful, having the ability to make illusions and affect people etc, you never know this could of been a darker spirit in disguise, they are masters at that sort of stuff, but I could never be sure. What the overall feeling within the home when "crazy" was around?

I'm going to favourite this story, very intriguing. Look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
shiver (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
HiHemp, I was about to write a story almost the same as this then I don't know why I'm reading your story right now, maybe this is just a coincidence... I remember when I was 4 or 5 years old when I was awakened by a humming sound of a Lady coming from somewhere. It was terrifying even to this day I've been really thinking what it was. I'm so confused... I heard it three times and now that I'm an adult I asked my mom if she have heard it too. And what a luck! I wasn't the only person who heard of that humming lady. Our neighbors have heard it too.
If anyone out there who knows what it is please message me. I'm really bothered tonight after hearing your story because I'm not the only person who have heard the same thing.
umungu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
a very interesting piece. Do you pray when you see it? How do you react?
hemp (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
Um no I never tried any of those that young. But I have a few times... Many years after though.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
Hi Hemp, those experiences sound interesting.

Just a rational point to consider, were you guys taking anything when you were together? Alcohol? Drugs? Anything that may have caused the possibility of hallucination?
hemp (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Shlain: I used to call him a couple years ago sometimes and from what he said it seems like he had two entities around him.
I haven't spoke to him since then but earlier this summer I messaged him on facebook asking him:
"Whats up man! Do you still see crazy?"
"What?" (his response)
"That ghost that used to follow you"
*no response*

Oh and also when the demonic face manifested itself, I clearly remember it had hypnotic red eyes and a red and black face. What I mean by hypnotic is that its red eyes had swirling lines which were spinning around in circles, looking straight at me. Its pretty hard to explain without drawing a picture but you probably get what I'm saying.
hemp (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Thank god people actually believe me! I thought every response on here was going to be criticism.
Here are a couple more experiences that I remember.

Back in those days I had a large picture frame hanging on my wall. It was a picture of a dolphin leaping in midair. Completely normal, right? Not when you see the dolphin in the picture finish its leap and SPLASH INTO THE WATER! It looked like something out of a cartoon! Obviously it was the spirit playing tricks on me again but how the hell can this even be explained?! Like this is a still image! Not a motion picture! And the dolphin in it freakin moved!

And to add on to the fish encounter (I didn't tell the full story because I doubted anyone would believe me). There were actually two "shadow fish" in the room. That's what I'll call them. One was at the end of my bed, the other one in the middle of the floor. The one nearest to my bed was only the head of a large fish and had no body (if you've seen a cobia then that's what it looked like) and it did not move. Just sat there. The smaller one had the complete body of a fish. It was skinnier than the first one, like in the shape of a barracuda, and it ZIPPED across the carpet. I mean this thing was FAST. It gave me quite the scare.

Another time we had some friend/family get together and all the kids were eating at the dinner table. No adults. Dalton whispered in my ear to watch my sister when she started to drink her soda. As soon as she put the drink to her lips it splashed all over her shirt! I got a pretty big kick out of that!

Me and Dalton were in the back seat of my dad's F-150 when he asked me if I saw any birds flying around outside. Not a single one. He told me to keep looking and after about a minute I saw a small brown bird fly literally out of nowhere, swoop down, and disappear in mid-air. This all happened in only a matter of seconds and we were passing by an open field with no trees around. Pretty wierd, huh?

I haven't seen anything paranormal for about 5 years and I have mixed feelings about this spirit. It did scare me one time but it was also pretty funny/clever. I never saw it in full detail and I never wanted to either. I can honestly say I doubt it was a demon, just a very mischievous ghost that wanted to be known.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Dalton doesn't seem to mind this entity. Is there any way you could get hold of Dalton these days? Would be an interesting chat between the 2 of you.

Thanks for sharing.
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Well nothing seriously bad happened and it did only seem like it was playing pranks...

I think everyone needs to understand that just cause we interpret something as bad does not necessarily make it bad - Do not judge a book by it's cover and also do not jump to conclusions; on this website if it's possible you MUST do as much research as possible and all comments should stick with 'I believe' or 'I feel' and 'My opinion is' not 'IT IS...' because truth is, unless we were there we can't give a solid answer 😊

Now I was not there so I cannot say what or who it was, however I will say that it's a good thing no one was hurt and thankfully if it were a demon then it wasn't a really bad one.
I believe it wasn't a demon at all in fact (I may not be an expert however I do know a bit about spirits/ghosts/souls and have been researching for most of my young life) and the feelings I get is that this was just a playful spirit with a tad bit of mischief making 😊

I hope you enjoyed my opinion and I hope that maybe it's either brought more insight into the vast world that is out there cause nothing is black and white, there's always going to be a 'What if?' 😁
twelveam (74 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
WhiteWolf,
I would like to share with you some of my findings about demons:
Yes, they most ensurably mask their true identities so as to earn the trust of others, which leads to the victims putting their guard down. When someones physical or mental state is at a low point (depressed mood, illness, emotionally unstable...etc.) this is a demon's que to be able to enter that persons atmosphere, almost like an invitation. Once in, the demon can start its process with oppression being one of the first stages of possession. From what I have seen in certain cases is that children are even more at risk due to the fact that they are "innocent" souls. Their trusting and influential characteristics makes them quite vulnerable in a demonic possession attempt.

Hemp-
I would like to know how long you and Dalton were hanging out together, and if Daltons character changed from the time you met him and the time your father and his mother broke it off with each other? This could tell us more about if Dalton showed progressive signs of the stages of possession within a certain amount of time. If a couple of years had passed and Dalton never became oppressed, then more likely than not were his encounters of a demonic nature.

The most important thing with this story is that YOU are out of reach ofr Dalton and his paranormal connection!

Twelveam.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
PR225595,

I would like to correct you on some things first of all Demons do not usually only go after children unless they already have corrupt souls. A demons true purpose is to spread sin and make people do things that they would not normally do they also go after people who are depressed so that the person would most likely harm themselves.

You are correct about the mind games that demons pull on people to gain its trust. A demon has many forms and its true form is never shown to people so that it can stay mysterious. I also have to say it is not fortunate that this particular spirit is attached to Dalton because it could decide to go after someone else.

I really do not believe that this entity is a demon it could possibly be a mischievous spirit that will get physical with anyone else other than Dalton because it has been attached to him since he was little.

If this entity caused a great feelings of anger and hate within the home or even attacked some one I would then believe it to be a demon.

Whitewolf,
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Yup, demon, yupper. It had a legal right to attach itself to Dalton, either familial rights, from generations back or the boy interacting with it permitted it. You tell us how harmless it felt to have a demon face appear suddenly in front of you and its owner walking around your house. Did it seem very nice to you? I'm just glad you are okay.
PR225595 (guest)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Yeah that's a Demon for sure!

They have two deifferent forms:

1) Shadow From (To conceal its true identity)

2) True identity (Terrifying Beast like creature)

You saw him in its True form. No possible good can come from when communicating or playing with them. A Demon's only purpose it to deceive, corrupt souls and of course posses human being. Many kids worldwide are being stalked by Demons, because they are children and still ignorant. That Demon will play with a child in order to gain its trust. Its a sick mind manipulative game and MOST people don't take this up seriously. But fortunately for you the Demon had a hold on Dalton, that explains why these strange occurrences stopped...
Shylaw (9 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
as soon as I read your story the same has happened to me... I'm new here so. But ever since I was little I would be able to see sprits and demons I thinnk. When I used to wake up I couldn't scream nor move just like you so I think its a demon thanks to you I know what it is right nows:) 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: