You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Creepy Experiences?

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Experiences?

 

My name is Tony and I live in Sylvania, Ohio within Toledo. Just to start I've always been a believer in ghosts, spirits, demons, etc. But just last night I think my question to them existing has been answered.

Last night or early this morning I got poked relatively hard on my forehead. I live with my girlfriend who is a light sleeper sometimes but my eyes opened right when I received the poke to my forehead. I examined my girlfriend (who was sound asleep by the way) for a few minutes. She didn't seem to have moved at all what so ever. My eyes opened to where I definitely would have seen her move if she would have accidentally hit me, which has happened before. I got up to go to the restroom. I examined my head in the mirror and I had a red mark on the top left part of my forehead (6:13 AM).

To add to my story, I returned home from the gym this evening to find a Blu-ray disc laying directly in front of the DVD shelf. Now I keep the Blu-rays on the shelf fairly tight. There is no way that it could have just fell off.

Another thing that just happened no more than an hour ago, I have a PS3 gaming system. We were sitting here watching Netflix, the PS3 remote just a few feet away from me. In the middle of watching Netflix on my PS3, it paused. The only way to pause the show would be to hit the start or X button on the controller, which was laying right side up about 3 feet away from me.

Could all this be explained? Perhaps. Or... Do we have a ghost? I'm looking for feedback. Another thing to add... I am a former Infantry Marine. I have three combat tours and have lost friends. Could this be a friendly spirit? Someone I know? Or... Perhaps maybe a ghost that follows my girlfriend? Maybe doesn't like me around her?

Any feedback would be outstanding.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Biggs0341, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
I haven't read the other comments yet because I wanted to write down what I had on my mind before I forget so I apologize if I repeat myself.

First of all, thank you for your service. I may be from Canada, but I always give my thanks to people who put their lives at rise so that the rest of us can be at peace.

Secondly to your story. There could be a friendly ghost but debunking things before labeling them the paranormal is always good. For the part of getting poked on your forehead. You mentioned that your girlfriend was sleeping beside you and she couldn't have poked you because she was sleeping beside you and that she has hit you by accident before. Could it be that she accidentally hit you while she was turning in bed and that woke up but in the time it took you to focus she settle back down?

As for the Blue - Ray, could it be that you or your girlfriend was looking for a blue - ray and put it a side and forgot about it? I tend to take something out of place and forget to put it back until much later.

My brother has a PS3 also and has more than one controller. Could it be that a second control was near you or girlfriend's bodies and a button got pushed by a body part? I know I'm stretching it with this one but it has happened before when we were watching a movie on Netflix.
regi375 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Hey biggs, thanks for your service. My cousin is currently an officer in Pakistan, and my other cousin's husband a soldier as well.

My thinking is that it may be a buddy in spirit visiting you. It also could be a ghost. I have some questions though that could clear it up. How long ago did you get out? Did you just come home for awhile? Also, did it just start, or have there always been occurrences? Did it stop? My instinct tells me that it is harmless for the time being and try to contact it. Ask it to knock on the wall.
Biggs0341 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
First, thanks for all the thank-you's. It's was my pleasure to fight for our country. I haven't had anymore pokes. But still have the feeling that I've got someone around. The disc that fell was the movie American Gangster. I can't think of how the movie connects. But our cat acts goofy almost every night. Though, he is a cat. LOL! Oh! It wouldn't surprise me if it was a fallen buddy teasing me while I slept. We did that a lot. And yes I have three combat deployments I don't really count the first one, in 2004, because it was in Haiti. But in 05-06 Fallujah and ramadi Iraq. I'll keep payin attention. Thanks for all the feedback. Much appreciated.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Hi Tony, this has been mentioned before, but what was the title of the BluRay disk you found lying away from the shelf. Was it something you watched with a friend you may have lost? Was it something you may have talked about to somebody while on duty?

Some subtle thinking may bring you an answer.

U.
Layli (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
I am convinced - as I wrote earlier - a fallen comrade to visit you. Perhaps, someone with whom you had fought together, and he died now. I tell you about my own experience. My friend's brother, died this year in Afghanistan. I could not go to the funeral because it was in Texas and I live in Hungary. After the funeral, I woke up to the fact that I'm choking, as if someone keep my mouth and nose shut. I turned on my bedside light, and I saw a picture, fell off the bedside table. This photo shown me, my friend and her brother. Wade got a shot and he drowned in his own blood. I spoke to the spirit. I thanked him for his service and sacrifice. I told him how much is missing, and what a great guy he was. The light began to blink, and then stopped. I think he's gone then. I have not experience anything thence. And, one more thing. You are not a "former" Marine. You're a Marine. Because, who "once a Marin always a Marine". Thank you for your service, and I'm glad that you've come home safely from the tours.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Tony,

First, Thank you for your Service. I'm USN OEF/OIF retired (Nov 2006) myself.

There is a slight chance that if you live in an Apartment that perhaps a neighbors PS3 signal got crossed with yours and caused Netflix to pause on your PS3... It can happen with wireless controllers...

Who were you close to that you played PS3 games with? It could be that a Fallen Comrade that you played games with is letting you know they are around. Same/similar question can be applied to the blu-ray disk... What movie was it and does it 'indicate' a possible individual? Then take that information and think back...'Who would have the nerve to poke you like that?' Put all the details together and you may find you actually 'know' who your 'visitor' is.

Just some things to think about.

Again, Thank you for your service and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
I just realized I didn't add anything to what madmonkeywoman said 😆 😆...What I was going to say is that sometimes, our ghosties do whatever it takes to get our attention...Poking, pinching, pulling hair, and even scratching can all be signs that all they want is for you to acknowledge their presence...Yeah, that's what I mean to say 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
Biggs: I agree with the other posters, and to add to what madmonkeywoman said, sometimes ghosts don't realize how hard they're poking, etc... I think someone's trying to get your attention 😊...

But I have a question for you and if it's too personal, please don't feel obligated to answer... Did you do any tours overseas, and if so, do you have any combat buddies who could have possibly been injured in the area of the poke?...Also, would the date coincide with the injury?... (OOPS, that's more than 1 question LOL) If so, then it could be them...

I would recommend that you keep a journal over the following weeks and try to debunk any unusual events...I'm looking forward to any updates! 😊
ouija13 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
You've actually helped me a bit with your post as I've also had a 'poke in the forehead' experience which woke me from my sleep. Now I'm curious to know how common this is.
madmonkeywoman (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
definitely someone trying to get your attention.don't worry about that hard poke, sometimes even ghost have an "oops" moment. Check out the DVD, there's a message there. Go with the 1st impression of the name that comes to you. But I'm getting the feeling that it's someone who wants you to know they are OK. So I don't think you are going to be permanently haunted:)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
I agree with the rest of the posters but would like to add; anytime anything leaves a mark on you, it seems to be making a point. It almost seems as if it is trying to tell you something. Keep that in mind as you are given more clues.

Zeta.
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
I say this is a spirit that wants your attention. It doesn't seem malevolent, but it also isn't doing anything "nice"; the spirit is only letting you know it's there, period. I say try to communicate with it. If you can't, then wait for something major to happen that may provide clues about the spirit itself. If nothing happens, I say just live with it. After all, it doesn't seem to be causing harm to anyone (I believe the poke on your forehead was just to get your attention not to hurt you).
Layli (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
I recommend that, check out what contained in the disk which fell from the shelf. Maybe it gives clues to find out it, who is the ghost. You were a Marine, and the spirit struck for your forehead. Marines often amuse themselves by teasing, that to awaken the sleeping comrade in some way. So it is possible that visited thee one of your fallen brothers and he wants your attention.
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Ask it what it wants. Politely of course. Let it know you will help in anyway you can.
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
The friendly ghost wouldn't hit hard on a forehead. Looks like may be some spirit is trying to get your attention. I would give it some more time before and watch if its repeats before concluding. At sometimes it will just move away if you just ignore it.

Please keep a watch with open mind before conclusion

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: