You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Grandmother Whom I Have Not Seen

Real Ghost Stories

The Grandmother Whom I Have Not Seen

 

I am a 22 year old, working in an MNC. This particular experience that I am about to share happened ten years back, but still I am unable to forget it. So here is the experience.

I am the only child to my parents and both of them are working, so it happens that I stay alone when they are not at home. One evening my parents went to attend the funeral of one of my grandmothers whom I have not seen at all. I was alone at home and for sometime I was trying to remember how she would look and if I had seen her. My native is some 4 hours travel from my home, hence my parents came late night after I had slept.

I remember my mom sleeping near me. I had slept for some time, then I felt like an old lady wearing white saree getting into the room through the window and calling me to come with her. I told no to her and I was about to ask my mom to hug me. My mom, who was until then facing the other side and sleeping before I could ask her to hug me, she herself turned my side and hugged me.

The next day morning, I told my mom about my experience. She was shocked, because even she felt like some lady wearing white saree getting into the room through the window and calling me to come with her. My mom had said no and had turned to hug me. My mom and me believe that it was the same grand mother who was dead, but I was not sure why she would come to see me whom she has rarely met even... When we told this to my father he was not ready to believe.

I am unable to brush aside this experience... I am unable to figure out how we both had the same experience...

Anyways, after this I have started believing in the paranormal and God...

Regards,

Jessamine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessamine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
You didn't come across as judgemental at all, if I seemed offended I'm sorry. I wasn't offended in any way, it's actually pretty tough to offend me. Indignation requires far too much effort lol.
I didn't realize just how involved grandparents in India are with the younger generations. Now that I know that, I completely understand where you were coming from. I wish you didn't have to deal with the stress of a splintered family, but I'm glad that you had a close relationship with your paternal grandparents. ❤
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
[at] BadJuuJuu, I do agree with you that there can be families that have splintered and do not see each others' faces for years. Mine is one of them. But I was very close to my paternal grandparents. So, I got curious about a child not being in touch with her grandparents for so long. I was not judging. If I came across as that, I'm really sorry:)

Ari, thanks for the encouraging comments. I have read a lot of your comments on many stories here and you come across as a level-headed person:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
That makes allesgute's opinion make much more sense to me, thanks. 😁
And don't be sorry that I didn't get to know some of relatives. It just sorta worked out that way, and it doesn't much bother me. I appreciate the sentiment, though. 😊
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Dear BadJuuJuu & allesgute154,

I find both of your comment/opinion correct from each of your point of view.
I understand what BadJuuJuu you have said in response to allegute154's comment, but since I am geographically closer and thus identify more with what allesgute154 is saying,I'll give you a closer look into the family dynamics of India in general.
In India, the older generation, I mean the grandpa and grandma generally stay with their son's or sometimes even with the daughter's family, which eventually might include their grandchildren if they are fortunate. They tend to the young'ins and themselves are also cared for in their old age.
I am not saying that it does not happen in India, akin to what BadJuuJuu you have narrated about your family, and I am sorry you had such an experience in your childhood. This could also be the case with Jessamine.
However there's another possibility that comes to mind. Indians tend to address people by relating their age to some near and dear one.Like,if I meet someone closer to my father's age,I'll call him uncle or her Auntie.Similarly, an older person might be referred to as a grandfather or a grandmother.allesgute154, coudn't one of them be that Grandma?
One more possibility is that the departed might be a distant cousin of O/P's paternal or maternal grandmother whom she had never seen.

Since the O/P seems unresponsive, we might never know for sure.

Regards
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Allesgute, depending on family dynamics, it's very possible for someone to not see/interact with a grandparent for years. I wasn't around my maternal grandparents until I was 13. Not all families are close. Not all families even like each other, it's just one of those mildly depressing truths. You can't judge all families by the close ones.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Jessamine, not meaning to discredit your story in any way, but I'm wondering how is it possible for 12-year-old (considering you were 22 while narrating this story and the incident took place 10 years ago) to have never seen her grandparent? In India or anywhere else for that matter, grandparents are close to their grandchildren.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Jessamine, I actually think that your mum and your shared experience was related to the fact that you are mother and child, and it was (possibly) your dead grandmother that came to see you. You have a deep connection with your mother from what I can sense.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
Key_Lay: It is "nonetheless" and you forgot this tiny but useful thingie "." at the end of your Oh! So useful first comment.

Jessamine: I've been reading plenty of stories from India on YSG and I'm quite sure I've read that you have in your country that kind of evil spirit or Djinn who take the form of a dearly departed in order to lure the youngest members of the family outside. Maybe this was what happened? After all, you did not know this grandmother very well, so maybe a bad spirit (I think they have a specific name) followed your parents home from the funeral and tried his luck on you.
Luckily you and your mother reacted the right way!
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Jessamine,
Thanks for sharing this experience with us. The fact that your mom had the same experience makes me think that this was more than just a dream. I think it is good that you do not go with the woman in white and that you stayed in bed.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Key_Lay - that was pretty harsh, don't you think? I read this story and don't think it was horribly written at all. Actually, considering Jessamine is from India and I'm from the U.S., I found the story pretty well written and easy to understand. Much better than a lot of stories written by some who are from the same place I am 😕
Key_Lay (1 stories) (3 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Horribly written but a good story nontheless thank you for sharing this with us

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: