You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts Of Children?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Of Children?

 

I would like to share my experience and get your opinions if possible!

Basically I used to live in Germany on an Army camp and when I was about 12 I started to wake in the middle of the night, always in the early hours (from what I remember it was always between 1am and 3am). This only happened about once a month, maybe less. But what woke me up was the sound of bikes outside my window on the street. I would hear the whoosh of the wheels as they turned and the bells going. I also heard laughter, like that of very young children. Considering the time it was I was always a bit surprised and confused that there were kids playing outside!

In the beginning I would just drift off back to sleep but when it started happening more often I would get up to look out the window and just as I was about to look around the curtain I would hear a young boy's voice say "we have to go now" and sure enough when I looked out, literally a second after hearing this, there was nothing there.

Strangely enough I was never scared while this was going on, just confused. I never told anyone as I just put it down to vivid dreams. That is until I overheard my mum telling her friend the exact same thing one day. She was sat in our kitchen with her friend and I walked past while she was telling her. I burst in and said I was hearing the exact same thing. However she admitted she never heard anyone speak but said she never looked out the window either and I only ever heard the young boy speak when I went to look outside.

Basically we both thought it was really strange but that was the end of it. To this day (and this was over 15 years ago) I still think of it and just lately I wanted to see if anyone else had ever experienced anything like this?

Like I said this was an Army Camp in Germany and the voices were English so my mum doesn't think it could be the ghosts of German children from years earlier. She did say it could be some kind of time lapse thing?!?

I'm just really intrigued by it, any thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tash1982, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JulesVNess (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
I love this story, glad everything worked out for you, my favorite part is that you never felt frightened.
Tash1982 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Thank you for everyone's comments! I would love to do some kind of research of the area but wouldn't know where to start! Might look into it though as I don't think I will be satisfied until I know what it was!
Thanks again x
raphdragon02 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
agree. Sounds like residual energy. A moment captured in time playing over and over.
twelveam (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
To Tash1982:
I also would tend to agree that it's more likely a residual, just because of you saying it happened once a month or less says that there IS some sort of pattern there! This may have something to do with the monthly cycle of the earths rotation...? You also stating that it was between 1 and 3 am also seems like a form of a pattern. It would be great if you were still there, then there could be some experiments and documentation to prove or disprove just what category this falls under. If you are interested in doing so, you could attempt to do some research on the base housing area to dig up any clues. Good luck to you and thanks for sharing your interesting story! 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Very interesting story here, Tash1982. This could very well be a residual haunting, or most likely, a actual "haunting" by children who have perhaps died in that area whilst riding their bikes. Were there any stories about children that died in your area at the time?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Tash1982 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
NSN82 thank you for commenting. My memory isn't great, from what I can remember this happened at random times, I never noticed a pattern but I suppose there could have been. I also very rarely looked out of the window, I maybe attempted this twice? I never felt suspicious or scared or anything like that, just confusion really! I mainly heard laughter from the children nothing else so, to me, it didn't sound like they were up to no good. Residual haunting sounded the most likely to me but as I said I really can't remember if this happened on certain nights of the year so maybe it isn't, all I remember really is it was always early morning. I don't suppose I'll ever know what it was, very strange!:)
NSN82 (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
To me this doesn't sound like a residual haunting. Residual hauntings happen at a particular time and place almost without fail. From what you've told us the days and times that the children arrived were pretty much unpredictable (although it did seems to happen between 1am and 3am it didn't happen specifically at 1 or 3). Also, the child seemed to interact with you, which is definitely not a coincidence unless you looked out the window at exactly the same time every night. Personally I don't think they were children or even ghosts. They seem to have a lot of power since they are able to come as go as they please and the fact that they wouldn't let you see them sounds suspicious. I'm not saying they're evil or anything (they never asked you in some creepy horror movie voice to "come play with us") they just sound unusual 😊
polarage (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
you are very welcome. It sounds like a cool experience you had. 😁
Tash1982 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
Thanks polerage, I had never heard of residual haunting before but have looked it up and I think it's definitely a possibility, sounds like what my mum thought it could be too, just don't think she knew what it was called. Thanks again.
polarage (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
it sounds like a residual haunt. (if you don't know already) they describe residual hauntings as kind of like a replaying of an event that took place over and over. Its kind of like seeing (or in this case hearing) an event from the past that is stuck on replay. I believe that the kid you heard was also a residual replay of something that happened, it was just coincidence that it could make sense if it were speaking about having to leave to avoid being seen by you, or something like that. I personally have never experienced a haunting like this, but I can tell you I am a lifelong believer in the paranormal, since I lived in an active house as a kid, and have personally experienced and captured things on camera that cannot be explained. Anyway, I hope this helped!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: