You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The First House That I Can Remember

Real Ghost Stories

The First House That I Can Remember

 

I've moved around a lot during my life. And many times I have noticed weird things. This is the first home I have memory of. I was there from age four until age nine. I lived in a two story apartment in Brentwood, and not much ever seemed out of the ordinary. Except the upstairs of the house. Mainly just the room I slept in. The whole time I lived there I was terrified of the window of that room. Once my bed was moved next to it, and I refused to sleep there. I even begged to change rooms. I never went upstairs alone.

Now I will tell a few stories about the room. Whenever it was dark, I would only stay in the room if I was already in bed, and the one time the light went out on me I had bolted downstairs faster than the light could exit the room. While I was in bed, the only thing I could ever see was the window, which discomforting light seemed to flow out of, no matter how dark it was outside. And I had a nightmare or two where something pulled me through the window. But my clearest memory of the room's creepiness occurred one day when I was supposed to be cleaning it.

My parents sent me up there alone, which was bad enough, and I had to stay up there for a while. But a few minutes after I had entered I started hearing things. It sounded like someones heartbeat, and was getting louder with each beat. Despite the room's large size, claustrophobia began to set in and I began to panic. I charged downstairs pretty quickly to find my angry parents, but they were better than that room. They were mad and told me to go back in and clean my room. I told them what happened, but they ignored it, thinking I was just a dumb kid, or thinking I was trying to get out of it. But I was adamant. I would not go back in without somebody else. Eventually they accepted it and let me clean it later. But I still continued to sleep in that room, and I have kept my insomnia ever since. I also grew a bit stronger.

If I had been in that room alone more often I probably would have more to tell you, but it terrified me. My family was the first to live there, but the field that my window faced may have had some dead bodies buried there, or the field the apartments were built on. Maybe it was in my room because things like it love me. Who knows? Marsh Creek Apartments, Brentwood California.

Other hauntings by CAyer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CAyer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
There is nothing paranormal about your experience.

That is all I really have to say about this... And just saying this much says a lot on what I think about your story. 😉
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
Sorry but the only thing I can grasp from this is you were afraid of your window. No strange sightings or occurences. Also, I think you just threw in the bit at the end about there being graves around your apartment, then again you say 'maybe there was'. Which leaves me wondering how was this ever published?
CAyer (2 stories) (6 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
This story was just me trying to recall my memories. There are plenty of things I left out. I wrote a second version using better detail and more information. But I still forgot to include the fact that we had an oddly placed half bathroom (a sink and a mirror) that always smelled like something had recently died there.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
I only see a frightened little kid in your story and not a paranormal experience.
It is a shame you won't participate in the discussion and clarify what makes you think that there could be dead people buried in the field where the apartments were built... Guess I just have to wonder about it 😐!
As for the heartbeat you heard while cleaning your room, my son could swear a monster is trying to eat his hands if he picks up anything from his room's floor 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: