You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Visits From Blue-grey People

Real Ghost Stories

Visits From Blue-grey People

 

I'll start off by mentioning that I live near Johannesburg, South Africa, and that the experience below took place a few suburbs from where I currently stay.

In my late teen years I used to wake up every night (in the early hours of the morning - usually around 2 or 3am). I would often not be able to get back to sleep for a while. Upon waking, I sometimes would see a bluish-grey person standing or crouching over me. As I woke up fully, though, they would disappear or fade away. That is how I remember it.

Several years after this had been happening (as far as I can remember, at least), I spoke about it on separate occasions with a friend and my mom and they both claimed to have seen something like it. My mom described something almost exactly like what I had experienced (including not feeling afraid of them), but my friend only described something slightly similar, and I'll admit that that might have been something completely different altogether.

I wondered for a while if it had all been hallucinations, but after hearing my mom talk about it before I fully described it to her made me think otherwise (I'm sure it is relevant to mention that my mom and I were staying in the same flat at the time). Of course, there is still the possibility we were hallucinating or dreaming, but to me it felt incredibly real and I wondered how my mom could have been dreaming the same thing. Besides my friend and mother, anyone else I have spoken to about this hasn't experienced anything like this.

Another point is that, as far as I can recall, I was never afraid of them. They didn't seem threatening. I even remember waking up once with one of these people's faces right in front of my own, their large, seemingly dark eyes staring into mine. I remember feeling as though they were asking to be understood. To be blunt, I couldn't tell if it was male or female, so it might seem rude that I am referring to "them" or "it," but I really can't be sure.

This happened in a flat that I stayed in with my family. None of us live there anymore, and when I first spoke about it we were already living in another house. So I can't be sure if these experiences were specific to that flat or not.

This is something that I have wondered about for many years. I have spoken to a few people about this, and searched the internet, but this is something I never could quite find an answer to. Sometimes I wish I could see them again, even if only to find out who they were and why they were there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shay88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Could they be faery of some sort, or maybe Elven? That's the first thing that came to my mind. Residents of the faery realm can, and often do, visit homes. Their size can vary also. So if when you think of faeries and elves you think of only tiny creatures, that's not so. So its possible what you and your mother saw were residents of the faery realm. It seems like i've heard specifically of a race of elves that have blueish skin, but I don't remember what they were called specifically. Not sure if there was any grey to their skin either. I hope this helps. Though it doesn't feel like i'm given you much to go on.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Maybe this entity was curious. It might have seen you and decided to investigate. They're curious just like us.

For some reason entities like to be all up in your face. I know the feeling lol 😆

Thanks for sharing
Rev-Holmes (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
im stumped. This experience is totally out of this world.
Its odd when people report meeting aliens. But its odder still when one comes across an account of a person coming across the residual energy of aliens.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Explosions123
Are you for real? Not to be disrespectful but the O/P is talking about upon waking up having a bluish-grey person standing or crouching over her. When she fully awakened they would fade away. After her family moved her mother said the same thing happened to her. Also she stated that since the move these visits have stopped.
Your reply is they are aliens and they may be trying to abduct her. You say the grey ones are evil but your not sure about the bluish ones.? What about the bluish greyish ones?
Are you trying to mock Shay88? She said that neither she or her mother felt any fear from these visitors. When Shay said large seemingly dark eyes there was no description of how large the eyes were.
When you comment please don't make such a bold statement as. These are aliens. Then. They may have been trying to abduct you, but we can't be sure.
This site is used for people to write their experiences and if they want or need help we are there for them. Not scare them out of their wits.

Red
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Shay88: I don't think there's any set "rule" for the color of ghosties... Many people have described apparitions as having a slightly blue or gray tint... Even Hollywood presents them as slighty gray/blue at times 😆...Not that that means much LOL...

This comment from Explosion123 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: