You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Helping Hands

Real Ghost Stories

Helping Hands

 

To say that we have had a busy few days is stating things lightly.

After mom's surgery last week, Gran has been very active around mom. She does not hang in the passage; she is constantly where mom is. Friday afternoon Tim asked me at one point if mom was sitting in the lounge, so I did not even think about it, I picked up my phone, switched it to camera and took a snap of mom so he could see where she was sitting.

Now, just to clarify, Gran hates cameras, apparently always did, just like Charlie, so she does not want any pictures taken of her. Tim told me she was hovering around mom, trying to comfort her, but I thought she would read my intentions and move out of the way when I took the picture. Only, it seems this time, she had decided it might be OK for her daughter to know she was there.

Tim sent me a message saying Gran was very unimpressed because she could not get out of the way fast enough, and that I had caught her on "film". I told him I had looked at the picture and could not see anything out of the ordinary, and then he answered: "Look at your mom's shadow. Since when do shadows have eyes?" Right then I could clearly see a face looking right at me. When I took my phone and showed it to my mom, she immediately put her finger on the shadow. She could see the face without any help.

Since mom is unable to move around too much right now, I had to do all of the errands last weekend to get ready for our Christmas leave. I was up and down with the boys the entire day on Saturday, and of course, Charlie was with us. On Sunday, my sister and her husband hosted a lovely Supper for us. After finishing the main meal, mom was wiped out. My sister helped her to their bedroom and she went to lie down for an hour. When it was time to wake up, I went to get her, and as I walked into the room it felt so calm there. Gran was doing her best to soothe her daughter. We had dessert, and finally went home around 5:30PM on Sunday.

Getting home, I asked Tim if Charlie and Gran had enjoyed the visit, and he said they had. I said I assumed Charlie was hanging around with the men, and Tim said he had been, even though he was a bit unimpressed because they were hanging out by the bar and Charlie does not like alcohol.

Mom's sister, Aunt S, came by at around 7PM so she could find out what she needed to get for the Mozambique trip (I'm finishing work on Friday, then Saturday morning we head off to Mozambique for 3 weeks! Can't wait!) She had brought two of her grandsons along. One is seven and one is five. Both boys are very naughty and very unruly, so every time she brings those boys to my house, I get worked up. They have a tendency to take all of the toy boxes the twins have (there are 3) and throw every toy onto the floor. When you ask them to pick the toys up, they refuse. As a rule, my kids know right from wrong, and when those kids are in my house, I still enforce my rules. The first thing I did when they arrived on Sunday, was I walked to Kiddo's room and closed the door. There is no way I will let them cause havoc there. Of course, just as they arrived, Tim sent me a message and said, "I'm getting an angry little face from Kiddo. Who is upsetting the two of you?"

I explained that the hooligans were there and he said that Kiddo did not want them in his room. I told him I did not want them there either. He said if they were going to intrude on his space, he was going to show them how much he disliked that idea. I do not want him getting so worked up that he does something to scare kids, even when the kids annoy me as well. Therefore, I told him to stay calm and that they will not be coming into his room. No kids would be, not even the twins. Tim answered by saying that the twins were always welcome, he sees them as his "brothers" and he loves having them in his room. I told Tim that I know they love being in his room, they can feel they are welcome there and they will not stay away under normal circumstances. I also mentioned that I saw him as part of the collective of my kids. I have three boys, not two, and Tim said the little guy started blushing and got a little flustered. He still gets overwhelmed by getting "Mommy" attention; he does not know how to react to it.

Monday evening (yesterday 10 December 2012), when I got home from work, mom met me at the door. She was pale and I could immediately see she was in a lot of pain. After the boys were bathed and fed, I spent time with my mom. I was sitting in the lounge with her, and I distinctly heard static electricity directly in front of my right ear. This is the kind of sound you get when you rub your feet on a woolly carpet and touch something metal, that popping sound that occurs. It happened a few times while I was sitting there and at one point I thought I was going crazy. I was looking around, wondering what on earth could be making that noise. I also picked up that the atmosphere in the house was a little thick. Not like it was when the dark entity was in the house, this was worry. I sent Tim a message and immediately asked him if Charlie was ok. He answered that Charlie was anxious for some reason, I just had to give him a minute so he could attune himself to Charlie better. He told me he was worried about someone in the house. And so was Gran. He mentioned that Kiddo was so happy and content he was absolutely peaceful. Then he asked me if mom was in a lot of pain, and I said yes. That is why Charlie was so worked up. I asked Tim what could have caused the static electricity I had heard, and he said, "The question is who, not what." He told me it was Charlie, pulling energy from the speaker above my head. As I was sitting there, I had the distinct feeling that my right side was being tickled. I asked Tim if this was Charlie, and he said no, Charlie was hovering around mom. Gran was sitting next to me, trying to take my mind off my worries. They had switched places for a minute. I actually should have known it was Gran, as Tim had put it "her touch is a mother's touch, soft and soothing."

Both Tim and Elaine sent me messages telling me that mom had gotten pain medication from the hospital, but she didn't like taking it because it made her feel funny. I said yes, it threw her off balance. Tim urged me to get her to take the pain meds, and something for nausea as he picked both up from her. We had to change the dressing on her wound, and I really did not like doing that. I do not like having to do things that could potentially cause pain to my loved ones. When that was done, Tim sent me a message and told me:

"Your mom does not like not being the "Mommy" in this scenario. She likes being the one you come to for help and support, not the other way around. However, tell her, if she walks alone, she is going to fall. Whatever you do, do not let your mom walk around alone tonight. I see her falling, please don't let her out of your sight."

As I read this message out loud, Tim told me Gran was now very afraid mom would fall as well, and he said Charlie had taken up a stance of blockage in the doorway leading to the passage and the bedrooms. He would block mom from going anywhere alone. I said to mom, if there were any doubts up until this point that the entities in the house can feel love for us, we now have our answer. When we were ready to go to bed, I made a few trips up and down, taking mom's stuff to her room. Every time I got to the passageway I felt Charlie very clearly. And she patiently waited in the lounge until I told her we could go to the room. When we got to the passage, I could feel Charlie walk on mom's left, while I took up her right, keeping her as stable on her feet as we were capable. Now I understood why he needed the extra energy. His energy was so strong I had the feeling if I reached out I would feel more than just tingles.

Tim later told me that Charlie was not only doing this of his own accord, but also because Gran had told him to. I had to smile when he said, "He's a little wary of upsetting her, she can be a difficult lady." Like mother, like daughter.

When mom was safely in bed, I could settle down as well, and I knew we could sleep peacefully. This morning, as I was getting ready to leave for work, I asked Gran to please watch over my babies and especially my mom. I asked Kiddo to do his share and try and keep the boys busy too. I could feel him smile as I left.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MistyDane (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
My Gran scolded me (through Chris a clairvoyant) the other day, she bought me a ring containing my birthstone years before & she told me to wear it, I said that I couldn't as my fingers were to fat now, she replied then wear it around your neck LOL which I do
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Triden, it's now safe for me to say that I have become a fan of your writings and your 'helping hands'. I have a similar experience with my granny. I have written about how my departed granny has come back to me... If the story is published you'll be able to read it. If it is not, and if you're interested, I can email it to you:)
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
So I've been reading your postings [and others] for awhile [about a week]. However after seeing that picture of your mom and gran I had to sign up just to comment. So yeah... Wow... Took me awhile to see her eyes but I saw the hand on the arm right off. Your gran is an awesome woman to be helping even after she has passed on.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Hi Guys
I uploaded the pic of my mom and gran. It can be found at [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rWKD4ZM.jpg[/IMG]
Keep in mind, if you look over mom's left shoulder there is a prominent shadow there. Look closely and you will see eyes. Even from looking at the picture on my phone, I can see a shadowy hand on mom's left arm too. I hope you guys see her.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
Hallo to all my YGS friends! I'm back from my holiday, what an experience! Thanks all for your your wonderful comments. I really do count myself (and my family) very lucky to have these spirits in our lives. I had some experiences over these last 3 weeks that I will post soon.
Triden
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
Im glad you are getting help with your mum and everything Triden, I'm also jealous of your holiday that you are currently on. Have a fantastic time. 😊

Dan
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
Dearest Rev,
Thank you for enlightening me on the name of the item.
No, I don't recall reading a similar account on this site. 🤔
Thank you for the advice, as what to do with the tabeez. I actually removed it from my purse, put it somewhere else...don't remember where... So I 'lost' it. But, since removing it from my purse, my luck changed for the better! Weird eh?

Sorry for using your space Triden, please forgive us.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
dearest fergie,
You just posted a very interesting story.
Dont think I have come across such an experience on this site. Have you read such a post on this site?
What did you do with the talisman or the tabeez,
as its a more appropriate name?
The best way to remove or dispose such a tabeez is to place it in salt water after repeating a prayer for protection.
Avoid touching a taweez directly.
Let it remain in water for a day or too. Then dispose it in a running pure water source like a stream or a river.
I mistook rooting for grounding
Thanks
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
Dearest Rev-,

To 'root' is an English expression meaning: To cheer on; to encourage, in other words... To wish them all of the best.

An experience with a talisman? Humm... Not the kind you seem to imply. My youngest daughter brought back a 'charm' from Israel, for her dad to wear around his neck on a chain. It was a Hebrew character; she was told that it was for good luck. Well, from the time that her dad started wearing it, he had very bad luck... Lost his job etc. He gave the 'charm' to me. I didn't wear it, but carried it around with me... My luck went sour too! 😕
This may all have been coincidence... Who knows?
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
dearest fergie
Be nice enough to enlighten me on rooting methods. Thanks.
Have you ever had an experience with talisman? Once my friends green neighbors hid a piece of paper with some arabic characters in his living room. The room began stinking like a dump full of dead fish lol.
Thanks
azhar (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
Very nice story, very well written!

Hope there will be more to come
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
This was quite a touching story, to say the least. You sure are lucky to have spirits like these around you and your family that you can always depend on to be there to care for you. Hope your mom gets better.
kyro_kenny23 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
thats so lucky I wish ghost could help me like that 😊 have a very merry christmas to
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
good stuff Triden... It would be cool to see the picture if possible... But yes its great that your gran is around to help your mom out, it must mean a lot.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Triden, another great account. 😊

You are so lucky to have your helping hands... They must be almost invaluable to you!
I hope your mom will recover quickly, I will be 'rooting' for her.

Have yourself a fabulous holiday, take care. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: