You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Dark Corner

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Dark Corner

 

We once lived in London in a town called Kilburn, just off the high road, which was handy for us to do our shopping. The house we lived in was an old Victorian terrace house with separate apartments, which was said to have been haunted along with the rest of the street. Many complaints had gone into Brent council for rehousing tenants but all complaints had been rejected. We lived on the top floor and overlooking a park from the back end of the house, but with no exits other than the front door.

It was not until one late night when I was dozing off in front of the television that I had decided to call it a night. I was always the last one to turn in; so all doors and windows were checked over including the apartment door. The children were young at the time and were fast sleeping.

Never in the coldest of winters did I ever wear pyjamas, never did and never will, so I did not waste time getting into bed. As always, I slept on the right side. I was just about to get comfortable, when I had noticed an image or what appeared to be an apparition of a girl in early twenties dressed in black, standing in the corner of our bedroom.

She had short black hair and a short skirt just above her knees and stood motionless with her arms down her side. She had a neutral face not smiling or looking sad, just stood in the corner looking at me. It did not bother at that very moment as I wanted to sleep. But when I turned back to see her again, she turned around towards the window and walked through part of the wall and the window, remembering there is a sixty foot drop on the other side. Who was she and where did she go?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Argaka_1_1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Good point, Rtl. Even if the girl had been a living person at the time, I would think her presence still would raise some suspicion about why she was there. Not just "someone's in my room. Oh well. Goodnight." But maybe o/p was tired enough that their thinking was slowed. So they saw the girl, turned, then it dawned on them what they saw so they turned back around to see. Maybe. I know i'm not always the sharpest when i'm tired. When we had that earthquake here a few years ago, it woke me up. But instead of realizing the danger and seeking a safe spot, I just sat in bed in our second story apartment and got annoyed as I watched everything shake and shelves sway. In retrospect it wasn't smart. But that's what I did.
RTL89 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Yes, I understand that everybody reacts differently. And I love reading these stories on here because some of them are truly fascinating. It gives me a great overwhelming sense of joy when storie are so believable that it leaves no doubt that there is life after death.

However, I just don't agree with the type of reactions demonstrated with this story. I know that makes me sound narrow-minded and I really don't aim to be, but it just seems illogical in so many senses.

The way I see it, whether this little girl was transparent/ghostly or completely similar to a human girl, it woudl still freak me out to see her staring at me in the dark corner of the room. At first, the notion of "ghost" probably wouldn't hit me, I'll admit, but at the VERY least I'd question her presence.
"Who are you!?"

Not shrug, flip over to face the other way and doze off to sleep. What we really need here is for the OP to clarify things for us.
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
I'm sure o/p has a reason for not participating in discussion about her experience. I know experiencing something, getting all excited, then telling someone only to have them suggest that it was your imagination or that you're lying or its evil is crushing. At least it is for me. Maybe they think someone will post a negative comment and don't want to spend energy on an argument and get all upset. And i'm the same way, Zeta. Lol. The more I learn, the less scared I get when something happens. Used to scream as a kid when i'd see things in my room. Now I try to understand. ๐Ÿ˜ I don't don't mind saying my age. I'm proud to have survived as long as I have and of having as much experience as I do. My husband's sister said she's staying 29 until retirement. Lol. That was a few years ago. I'm 31.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
I will add one more thing. I must agree with miracles and wondering. It is very difficult to say what is a right or wrong reaction, especially since the O/P will not respond. Could be the O/P has experienced many things in his/her lifetime hence leaving him/her somewhat jaded to this sort of thing. Could be that the O/P was simply almost frozen being unable to react to anything... ๐Ÿ˜‰ Okay, sorry for that. But back to the original thought... When I was much younger and began to experience paranormal, I would be much quicker to react. Now, being much older (no, not telling my age) I find that I am quite non-chalant in many of my experiences.

Zeta.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Thank you Leslie... It is very hard to understand why someone would not want to communicate in their experience. However; I am sure there is a reason. And I know it is not for me to judge.

But I'm glad you responded. Now I don't think that I am crazy. ๐Ÿ˜†

Zeta.
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
I didn't see any relevance in Argaka not wearing pj's even in cold temperatures either. ๐Ÿ˜•
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
I understand that the o/p chooses not to answer any questions so I will present a question to whoever is reading this. What was the relevence of the o/p never wearing pajama's to bed, regardless of how cold it was? JUst wondering if I missed something, because sometimes I do.

Thanks in advance if anyone decides to reply. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Zeta.
eminem (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
yes I believe in this story.
I have 2 questions:
1.it happened only once or ever before or after
2.did you know the history of home? Like anyone died in the home?
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
But it sucks when people (O/P) don't want to talk, man.

I feel like there's no point commenting...

Sorry ๐Ÿ˜ 
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
I agree with Miracles. We can't judge everyone's reactions by the way we think we would react in a similar situation
I've had quite a few 'experiences' in my life and I've had different reactions everytime. Sometimes, I've completely 'freaked out' and other times I was completely calm.
I think that it depends on not only your age/maturity, but also the situation/circumstances at the time of the occurrence.
When I first read this, I thought I would probably have screamed, ran out of the room, etc... But after I thought about it for awhile and compared my reactions to similar happenings I realized that I may have done the same thing.
I saw something unexplainable in a public restroom once, for goodness sakes! And the worst reaction I felt was an overwhelming sense of fear and goosebumps! I didn't scream, and I didn't faint.
I never even mentioned it to my husband until years later.
So, let's not judge these stories or the people who submit them on the way we THINK we would react.
I don't know a lot about the terminology of these kinds of things. I just know what I've experienced. Maybe what you saw was residual energy of a young woman who had died, (by who knows what means) in that room? I feel like there is likely a story behind her appearance. When a person leaves this life, they must surely leave a 'print' of some sort behind.
But that is only my feelings on the subject.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
I seriously hate when my phone thinks it knows what I'm trying to say ๐Ÿ˜† Should have proofed a little better ๐Ÿ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Well, since the o/p has chosen not to participate in the discussions on their story... And that does not automatically make this a b.s. Story LOL, I'll address my thoughts to those who've spoke before me.

Not everyone reacts the same way when experiencing something like this, as we have read in the many stories on here. The o/p mentioned children so I assume Argaka_1_1 wasn't a teen or young child when this occurred, so hysterics were probably less likely.

Also, if the girl was non-threatening, what kind of reaction should seeing her have brought? I don't think there is a right of wrong reaction... People are different and react that way...differently. Just because the o/p didn't freak out because there was a ghost in the room doesn't mean the story isn't true.
๐Ÿ˜‰

If I over-reacted because I have ghosts in my home, I'd never sleep ๐Ÿ˜†
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
The author may not have felt the need to go on about her reaction and chose to focus on the experience. Focusing on the.experience, the girl may have visited the place before and walked through what may have been a door in her experience. The short skirt tells me she is relatively modern so you may not have to look *that* far back to get an idea of who she could possibly be. But my favorite method of finding out who a spirit is is simply asking politely.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Some might consider "level headed" to be an extream reaction towards a similiar sighting. As rtl89 stated, maybe it was poor wording.
Mazzi788 (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
RTL89,

I believe her story because not every human in the world acts like that you know, besideds your not Arqaka. So maybe Arqaka is just a level headed person

Arqaka, I hope that you are ok I have a 2 question

1. Have you ever looked into the history of the house
2. Did this ever happen again or somthing like it
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
if I saw something like that I would jump out the window, & the broken glass would pierce my flesh & rip through some internal organs... & I would die.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
I'm also curious of your intitial reaction.
Did you ever look into the history/original planning of the home to see if a door ever existed where the girl walked off to? That could help explain if this was a residual occurance or not.
chelseaocean18 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
This story is very scary I got the chills just reading it... ๐Ÿ˜จ I hope you are ok...
RTL89 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
This is a very cool story, but the only thing I REALLY can't comprehend is your reaction to first seeing this reaction. I know you were tired and about to doze off, but I don't care how dead tired I am, if I caught a glimpse of a woman standing in the corner of my room staring at me, I woudln't "just shrug it off and not mind it and try to go to sleep". Maybe it was just simply poor wording on your part, but if that was your actual reaction, I can't possibly believe this story. I'm sorry.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: