You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Quick, Strange Visit

Real Ghost Stories

A Quick, Strange Visit

 

This story occurred early July of this year. I wanted to publish it earlier, but was not able to because the amount of submissions the site was receiving. Anyhow, here it is.

One night, I would say around 7:30 pm, I was watching television in the Family room when all of the sudden I felt the environment go really still. Seconds later I had the feeling that you might get when someone is approaching your door (of course the screen door was being used as it was Summertime) so I kind-of stuck my head out to see if it wasn't my imagination. Well, as I put my head out there (you can also clearly see where I am sitting if you we're approaching from outside). I saw someone coming.

I immediately thought it to be strange that this approaching person did not speak to get my attention, also the tv was not up too loud at the time. Anyhow, I would say this person was actually approaching very quickly and that is why I would think that. There was not a clear view of the person and if I had to I would say this person stood around 6'1 - 6'2. Nothing more than a figure. At this time I began to get a weird feeling that it could be a possible home invasion.

While thoughts were racing through my head this person (figure) was up to the door and I swear! I clearly saw this motion of the hand reach up to the knob (it actually appeared higher than the knob) so I thought maybe they were going to let their self in. I mean, Wow I still get beside myself about this. Just when I thought someone would enter, there was no noise and as I was getting up to meet this person it suddenly seemed like (if you can possibly imagine someone's soul or spirit) this "soul" appeared outside the door, moved somewhat forward and then seemingly appeared on both sides of the door at once (I know) �� and then slowly dissipated as it glided to the floor.

My heart really jumped at that. I know my story might not make a lot of sense, but I tell you it seemed like an actual and authentic person coming to the door. Thank you for reading my experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostfacep, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
Shlain. It even almost appeared like a hover before moving downward.

At Zeta. The neighborhood I am from is/was known to be rough, so there is a lot of strain there. Also my father has Parkinson's and my Mother suffers body aches which is why I live there. This is the house I grew up in and there have been strange things happen before. When I was little almost every night for like a year and 1/2, I would hear the wooden chairs being moved along the floor very loudly. Also my older sister would see things and I suffered a lot of nightmares. I and my father used to get in real bad arguments and such and at times I would not know why.
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
[at] stormy, I was actually not alone at this time, so like minutes after I just went ahead and told my parents what I had seen and that made me more comfortable. As for feeling anything I was simply amazed and perplexed and 100% awake.
stormy8063 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Wow! Your experience is insane. Thank you for sharing. How were you able to process this experience after it happened. Did you have any feelings or thoughts as if maybe you were dreaming? I know sometimes persons try to rationalise things like these by saying they were tired or dreaming even if the ghost slapped them right across the face
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
I can only imagine how you must have felt! I'm always curious to know how these entities seem to move... Did it glide or did it have a stride as it approached?
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
This would have been quite frightening. What really stuck out for me in this experience is the feeling you had before it happened. "felt the environment go really still"... I think you may have been having a premonition. Was there anything else going on in your life at the time... I mean like anything tragic or stressful? Also, before this time, had anything ever happened to you such as this before?

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: