You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Or Just Tired

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Or Just Tired

 

I have two stories. To me Ghosts/Spirits have alsways been interesting even though I have never really wanted to meet or just see any, plus that has always been my mothers thing, where she has ended up talking to them, even talking to an ex who she didn't even know had died.

My first story I am still not sure if it was a dream or real.

It was in the early hours of the morning where something woke me up. I saw a figure at my bed and screamed because I was so scared and then it was gone. I am still not sure if it was just a dream or not as it felt so real and to me it really felt like someone or something was there. It has never happened again since that time.

My second event I am pretty sure it had to be real as I was awake at the time.

My Aunt at the time house sat for a friend every December when they went on holiday. About 4 years ago, she house sat again and one night my cousin and I decided to stay up a little later than normal. Her then boyfriend at the time even snuck into the house to stay up and watch movies with us. The incident happened after she and I both decided to go to the toilet at some point.

In the house there are 2 bathrooms and you walk down a long hallway with two bedrooms on the right hand side. She was quite a bit ahead of me, the hallway was dark with only a little bit of light coming from the kitchen a bit behind me. As I was walking, I saw a figure which looked like a man coming towards me and I thought that maybe it was her dad coming back from the toilet as he had already gone to bed. I then moved over to my left as the figure was walking on the right of the passage, then as the figure got to just about next to me, my cousin had reached the end bathroom and switched the light on and at that moment the figure just dissapeard. And as it came near me I felt nothing, like it wasn't there and I am also the only person that has seen that, though my Aunt and other cousin has said how they thought they heard footsteps down the hallway in the middle of the night.

The first one I would probably myself put down to a dream, but it still creeped me out and felt so real, but the second one I definately know that I saw something but never saw it again and my Aunt has house sat there for 3 years, because the couple got divorced and they rent the house out now.

I don't know if any would know if what I had experienced was real or maybe just a dream for the first one and maybe a bit of tiredness for the second one, which is what most people have said them to be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaiyasam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
We see them better when our defenses are down making night time (going to sleep and just waking) excellent opportunities. But that doesn't make everything in th dark a spirit. Your second experience is self explanatory.
NightKunoichi (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
The first experience could go either way. It could have been merely a dream or something could have been there. It also is dark so sometimes it can be hard to tell. I thought I was seeing something in my room at night at the start of the summer but never did figure it out. It's dark and sometimes, you think you see things in the dark.

I believe your second tale was likely a spirit of some kind. Especially since you had others in the house after your experience claim that they think they hear something at night.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
kaiyasam
Were you living with your mother at the time you had your first experience? If so I would think she would come in your room to see why you were screaming. So that was probably a dream.
Your second experience was definitely a ghost/spirit. You would have to be practically sleep walking to think that was a dream.

Regards
Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: