You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things In My House

 

My name is Sarah. I live in Kitchener, Ont. I used to live in a 150 yr-old house and I have lived there for 10 years

There were a number of experiences that have happened, but this particular night was the weirdest of them all. I woke up to go pee in the middle of the night, probably around 3ish (this is when stuff would normally happen) but anyways, I went pee and went straight back to bed. I got back into the same spot I was before I woke. When I laid back down I felt something enter my mouth and starting twirling? I moved my mouth thinking it was just my nerves settling back down. I brushed it off. Then I calmed down, and about less then a minute later it entered again and started twirling again and this time it felt like it flipped upside down and put pressure on my top teeth. I really freaked out and buried my head in my boyfriend's arm pit. I did not wake him but I sure did lay there wide awake trying to figure out was the heck just entered my mouth. To this day I have no clue.

Contents flew out of shelf:

I took the kids out of town to my dad's for the weekend, but my boyfriend stayed home. He was playing video games (like always) but anyways, we had this big shelf in the dining room that I had filled almost every shelf with books/papers/just stuff. He called me at my dad's on Sunday and was a little freaked out. I said, "What's the matter?" He said, "I was playing video games and everything on the bottom self just flew right out on the floor, and I mean everything... Can't explain that." Just like the mirror in my bathroom broke right in half "might I add a very clean cut right down the middle of the shade" and it smashed. That freaked me out a little.

ORBS:

Every time you take a picture in that house I ALWAYS catch orbs, even moving ones that I can follow. This one time I was standing upstairs taking photos (I love finding orbs) so I took a picture towards my daughter's room and to my surprise there were so many orbs in her room it looked like it was snowing in her room. That was awesome to me. I showed everyone the picture.

Toy bowling pin rolling on floor:

We all were in the living room one night watching a movie. My kids had a play bowling set with little tiny pins. Well, this one night there was one of those pins on the floor in the entrance to my living room. No windows were opened or my front door was opened... All of a sudden the bowling pin started rolling back and forth back and forth. We all saw it.

If anyone has any ideas on what all this means or thoughts on this, please feel free and tell me. But everything is true and did happen to me. There's a lot more that has happened in that house as well. I will post more. Thanks for reading my true story. Sarah

Other hauntings by Sarah1978

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sarah1978, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

othershadows101 (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
this is my personal opinion really I do not believe in contacting spirits because I am a true believer in the bible and it says not to try to connect with spirits it is called necromansing
ladydarke (113 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Sarah,

I am so sorry for your loss, and for it to happen in such a terrible way. I can't even imagine how you must feel, and I can only think that the need for closure must be so intense.

I'm also sorry that no one has replied to you for two days. If I may say so, I think you're going about contact the wrong way with a ouija board. I think that coming to the ouija full of pain and confusion, and I'm going to guess little to no experience, you're going to look to the other world like a runaway stepping off a bus. Like that runaway, you'd be in serious danger of being approached by some smiling predator trying to convince you its something it's not: a guide, a friend, even your mother. Any contact you did receive through it could never be trusted.

Please allow me to offer an alternate suggestion. Firstly, I think that you should talk to a grief counselor. This would help not only for obvious reasons, but if there were some undue spiritual influence it seems it would likely start first with undermining healthy personality habits -- and a counselor would catch this and point it out to you.

Secondly, I think that you should postpone trying to make contact with your poor mother and instead take a level one reiki class. Reiki is an eastern art of energy healing, and if you look you should be able to find a reasonably priced class. You can be attuned in one day. The reason I suggest this is because it was recently pointed out to me by a very wise woman that reiki can be given to the deceased as well as the living, and I half-way feel that I was given this message to pass on to you as much as for myself.

Your poor mother must have been in terrible trauma to take her life. One can hope it is better now, but be sure. You can do something for her by sending her reiki, something positive and helpful, something more than simply crying out to her with your own pain. Give reiki to yourself as well. Do this for some time, at least a few months, before you consider contact, when both of you are able to come from a better place and perspective.

At that time, I would suggest bringing your ouija board to a professional medium, one that you can feel a good connection with. Get a professional opinion on whether the board comes clean or if it already has spirits and open doors stuck to it. Make it your policy to only do a ouija session with the medium: this will prevent you from using it alone and thereby from becoming obsessed with it, as many accounts report happening. Also, this professional will be the other half of your safety net along with a grief counselor; one for the mind and one for the spirit.

Please take care of yourself, and let others take care of you as well. I wish you all the best.
Sarah1978 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Iam doing it because my mom killed her self at 51yrs old on june 27 2011, I have been trying to contact her for some time now... So I believe this will deff help me I think...
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Sarah1978: I am not telling you not to do it, but I hope that you know what you're doing with a ouija board and that you will use it carefully.
There might be some other way sto find out what is happening in your house without trying to interact directly with any entity? (Using EVP's or a videorecorder).
Sarah1978 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
I just bought off of ebay a 1972 vintage wooden ouija board, so iam going to try it in my new place and see what happens, ill keep you updated... Sarah
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-22)
Sarah, have you experienced any poltergeist activity or something?

Rockangel13 ❤
Sarah1978 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
no me and my ex split up and he wanted to stay. So I took the kids and moved out... Only my daughter and I saw stuff in the house... One night she woke me up at like 230am to tell me there was glowing eyes at the bottom of the stairs. I said maybe its the cats hunny. She said no they were up high to high to be our cats... She is 10yrs old now and still talks about it.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Question for you... Do you still live in the house. You stated, "I used to live in a 150-year-old house and I have lived there for ten years."

Anyway, sounds as if there is a lot of activity that goes on there. Do your kids ever experience anything?

Thanks, zeta.
warby1 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
well you sure have had a lot of strange things happen to you! I'm at a loss to explain what the thing going in your mouth was! I have never heard of anything like that happening to anyone before. As for the orb's that you took pictures of well I'm not entirely convinced that orb's are paranormal! My thinking is that they are just dust particle's but I think something paranormal is going on at your house! Thanks for a good story.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-18)
Well, it sure does sound like something paranormal, its happening to everyone at the house... I unfortunately can offer no explanation for what entered your mouth, that is extremely strange and not something to be taken lightly should it happen again...

As for the pics, could you please upload some photos that you have taken. Would love to have a look!

Thanks Sarah, look forward to more posts from you.

Rozo
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
Sarah - nice short story and I enjoyed reading it. If these experiences are true then its a spirit residing in your house. Try some cleansing method to get rid of it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: