You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl Standing In The Corridor

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Standing In The Corridor

 

Perhaps this is nothing. Three years ago I moved in with my boyfriend to his small appartment outside the city. As the city was growing there were a lot of empty appartments in our building so when we started thinking about buying instead of renting, we decided to move in to the city (we didn't like the quiet ambiance).

Really soon after I moved to that appartment I started feeling there was something in the hallway. I tried telling my boyfriend but he didn't believe me.

If you gave one step out of the bedroom you would find yourself at the end of a corridor with the living room door infront of you. Another step and you would have entered the living room. Well, the thing is, after giving just one step, if you looked with the corner of your eye you could see a little girl standing almost at the other end of the corridor and she was like dancing (or moving, not really sure). If you turned your head completely to take a better look, she was gone.

I would say, by her height, that she must have been 10 years old.

I grew more afraid of open doors, so at night when we were going to bed, I could never sleep if I knew the bedroom door was open. I was always afraid of her getting into the room.

When my boyfriend, now my husband, and I got married we decided to finally move to the city. When we did we went to register our new address at the City Hall. When we did they asked us where we used to live and we gave the guy the address, then he said the most amazing thing: "so you two are moving to the city but not the little girl?"

- Which little girl? - my husband asked. The guy said there was a little girl living with us according to his records. We asked for the name but he noticed we had no idea who she was so he said he shouldn't disclose information.

Like I said, perhaps this is nothing. It could explain what I saw in the corridor, but it also could mean the girl moved out and she didn't register her new address ever since, but she should because its needed for school paperwork. Whatever it was I hope you have enjoyed the story.

Other hauntings by NellyPerks

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NellyPerks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
NellyPerks, that was a good narrative indeed. But, I don't know how to react about the comments given by the guy at the City Hall. Either he might have known about the paranormal stuff or as Rook's said there might have been a little girl, who passed away, of the previous tenants and who didn't report to the City Hall. But, before I come to the conclusion if it is a residual haunting or otherwise, whether your seeing through the corner of your eyes happened at specific times or every time stepped into the hallway.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

With regards and respects to you.

SDS
yeahismyname (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
That's so scary! If you were me, I would tell my parents for us to move out of the apartment and switch to another apartment 😭
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
NellyPerks,

Thank you for the response.

I agree, if my child was living I would inform anyone and everyone that she was moving with us to ensure she received the best education that could be provided... But what if she had passed away (hence the residual haunting)? Is it possible that in their grief they didn't inform City Hall of this child's death and then moved and in doing so City Hall records ended reflecting that you and your partner had a child?

Respectfully,

Rook
NellyPerks (6 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-22)
Hi all! Thanks for the comments!

Zetafornow. I think it was because we really looked clueless and in this country they really are something about protecting children identity... I'm not from Spain, so I don't understand this a 100%

Casper_the_ghost. I assumed she had the same age as my niece because she had the same height, but it could also have been a short woman:)

Rookdygin. If it was me who had a child and I was telling the city hall I was moving, I would tell them my child is moving as well because I would want them to assign a school to my child that its near the new house, but they could just have forgotten.

Rockangel13. I don't know... I have seen a girl as I said in a previous story, but this time I was not able to see her entirely. I don't think a ghost can follow you to other houses, can it? I sincerely hope not:s
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-22)
Man, was that scary! Hope you didn't get too scared... Had you seen that girl before?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
NellyPerks,

Lets say this really happened... I would have to say that what you saw was a residual type haunting... A replay of a happy moment in that young girls life before she met some sort of tragic end (tragic because of her age, doesn't matter how she passed...).

What are the odds that she was the child of the previous tenants who simply moved away and didn't report this to City Hall and that because of this the clerk mistook you as relations of this little girl?

Just my thoughts on this...

Respectfully,

Rook
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Casper_the_ghost - I really don't see any issue with seeing the general height and gender of a figure off to the side of your vision... Now if someone said it was a green eyed woman with an updated hairstyle and silver earrings... I would start to wonder... Lol.

I do find the whole ordeal at city hall a little strange though. Maybe you can exsplain this a little more. Thank you:) Hope you are not afraid to sleep in your new home.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Wow! You can see a lot of things with the corner of your eye! The gender and age of this figure!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Okay...this is creepy but I don't understand why the guy couldn't give you any other information, considering you two were the ones living there. The way I see it, he must have heard about some paranormal going on there and was kind of playing with you. Great story and I wonder what ever happened to the little girl? Probably still there.

Zeta.
ItsSoClearNow (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Thats kind of scary. She's in your house, excuse me, apartment records. SCARY! 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: