You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Night At The Motel

Real Ghost Stories

Night At The Motel

 

It wasn't the best of my days, but I remember it well. The incident happened a few months ago in June. The night was really late, me, my best friend Eloise and her boyfriend Hunter were on our way home from a wedding party in Malacca.

The streets were empty and Hunter was getting tired and a little light headed because of the alcohol he drank earlier. Eloise and I couldn't drive, so it was pretty dangerous having Hunter to drive. Soon, I suggested that we spend a night in a motel and get moving the next day.

Of course, they agreed. So we stop in on of the many budget motel's in Malacca, I remembered that there was a small sign saying 'MOTEL' but no particular name. Anyway, Hunter parked his car in a near by parking lot and we walked to the motel.

In the motel, we were greeted by the strong fragrance of jasmine and a young lady around her early twenties. After we checked in, we rushed to our room. Since we don't have enough money for two separate rooms, we rented one. Eloise and I got the bed because we are girls and Hunter got the uncomfortable sofa. I fell fast asleep even though there was an annoying smell of cigarettes in the pillow.

Around 5:30 the next morning I was awaken by Eloise who had a terrified look on her face. "Amy, let's get out of here!" Her voice rang as she dragged me out the room. Hunter, catching up behind us.

Within a matter of minutes, I realized I was in Hunter's car and Hunter is driving away passing the speed limits. Confused, I asked Eloise what going on. She told me that around 5:10 in the morning, Hunter got up to get a quick shower when he heard a piercing female scream and he suddenly felt a burning sensation on his back. After the shower he saw five long fresh wounds that seemed like finger nail scratches on his back.

As for Eloise, she claimed to see a lady with pale skin and black long hair playing with my hair, a few seconds before Hunter ran out of the shower with the scratches on his back. I felt a little scared too, thinking about the 'lady' who was playing with my hair.

We didn't check out of the motel and we certainly are not planning to check in again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amy-Boo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Qua (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
It is actually asking 'permission' from the spirits who are residing in the hotel/motel room. Its a superstitious practice in south east asia, whereby the occupant for the night knocks on the door before entering a hotel room then tells the spirits (yes out loud) that he'll be spending the night (s) there. It is to prevent any nightly disturbance from the spirits in the room.
Desir3 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
shiat:O that must of been a terrible thing to experience. It's unfortunate that your friend got hurt and such, God bless.
Thanks for sharing! ❤
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-01)
Wow! That's really creepy! I'm now wondering if the appertain Eloise saw was the lady screaming.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-01)
Amy Boo, did you or your friends have any other experiences after it?
waffles (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-25)
Really creepy! Scary! I can't believe that happened... I'd probably go and cry in a corner and never come back out.
Amy-Boo (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
Centhia, I don't understand about the asking permission part. What do you mean about it? 😕

Rosemay, I know it was dumb for us to rent a room from that motel because there wasn't any name on the motel sign, but almost all the motels in that particular street suspiciously doesn't have a name. 😐
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
Ask permission from who? They rented a motel room. If there wasn't a name on the motel sign, I doubt it advertised the spooks. Scratches and bruising from spirits is scary, but not uncommon.
Centhia (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
My son got those mysterious scratches too while camping with his friends last summer. He fell sick for a week but recovered when the scratches disappear. This may sound crazy but I advice you to ask permission before entering places like that.
Regards. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: