You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Impersonating My Mother?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Impersonating My Mother?

 

This happened in 1996, when I was 15. In the house we were living in, my bedroom opened up to a hall. It was also the last room before the kitchen. My father went to work at least a couple hours earlier, so he already gone. So my mother and I were the only ones home.

I was in my bed. It was set up across the room from the door in a corner. It was morning and I was really hoping to squeeze in more sleep before I had to get up. I heard my mother walk down the hall to the kitchen. Then loud clanging of pots and pans as she began working on breakfast. I sighed because I knew that she would be coming in to get me up for school any minute.

I kept my eyes shut, in the hope of squeezing in a little more sleep. However, I heard what I thought was her come into my room. Then felt what I thought was her sit down on the right side of the twin bed. I then felt a hand on my right shoulder as her cheerful, singsong voice reached my ears. "Time to wake up," she told me. I groaned and opened my eyes to protest. I expected to see her, but nobody was there! The sound of pots and pans filled my ears while I sat there. My mother was still in the kitchen! There is no way she could have even crossed the room by the time my eyes opened. Not to mention the fact I never felt her leave the bed. I would have felt her rise from the bed. Needless to say I tossed the covers aside, jumped out of bed and ran out of the room.

Do any of you have any idea what it could have been? I was wide awake, so I know I didn't dream it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Leslie81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-08)
The question was raised about you being in a partial dream -state...I've had a number of instances where I was positive my wife had spoken to me, yet found her to be asleep, or a least hadn't spoken to me when asked.
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
Odd that she sounded like my mom, but I suppose its possible it could've been a spirit of someone who died on or near the property many many years ago. But my grandpa built the house and my mom and aunt and uncles were raised there.
Fubble10 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
If she was a Spirit (which is what it sounds like) when she was actually alive she may have REALLY wanted a child or she may have lost a child, so when she passed away she may not have left the house, and when you and your family moved in she may of thought of you as her own child. Don't worry because she may of just wanted to treat you as if you were her child
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
I suddenly remember my experience when I was in high school. My Mom called my name to eat my breakfast so I got up and took a shower and wore my uniform, I was all set. I was ready to go to school then my mom yelled my name, I woke up and I realized it was just a dream. Lol 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-12-30)
These accounts are interesting not all that common but they do happen occasionally and some are shared here with us at YGS every so often, I'm fairly positive it's not another spirit impersonating your mother, I think it's most probable as you was half asleep with your eyes shut, you put yourself on the fence between two realms, our physical world and the spiritual one, due to a little gland at the back of our brain called the pineal gland and it's functioning of transiting us in and out of our sleep, from conscious mind to sub consciousness... Our spiritual consciousness has some very unique skills of it's own and one of them is realm projection, which is a quantum step up from dreaming and lucid dreaming and is actually a whole new functioning reality of its own, lost or confused souls are often stuck in the realities for decades, but the gravity of your account is to a far lesser degree but basically based on the same spiritual laws of physics... You may have well experienced one of these spiritual projections of your mother waking you up and actually being in that moment, tandem to the waking consciousness of hearing your mother in the kitchen rattling the pots and pans, leaving you a little confused as to what it was you was experiencing at that one time.

Regards Daz!
lucky13girl (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
yeah...be careful though, they are huge tricksters! 😆.i'll submit my story later on. This site is not accepting any stories now
😕.
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
I've had several doppeganger experiences with my cat too. I'll see her heading to one room, then turn around and "poof!" There she is, sitting on a desk in another room or walking out of another room. Cats are fast, but not that fast. And I agree. I think something has taken a liking to me. 😊
lucky13girl (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
oh yeah... My bad 😆...well I have some experiences with doppelgangers in my house. But I can say that they are harmless. Maybe they just love playing pranks. 😉
Carmabis (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-26)
Interesting story! Your encounter didn't sound too menacing, so this 'woman' (maybe) isn't out to scare you. From your other experiences that you spoke of in your comment, it almost seems like she's taken a liking to you! Just my take on it though. I wish you the best of luck!
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
Lol. Lucky, I have already read and commented on your story.
lucky13girl (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
something like that happened to me! The difference is that I did't open my eyes lol! You can read my story if you want,'a toddler's hand'. 😊
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
Thank you for your input. Yes other things have happened. Though nothing exactly like that, with the touch and my mom's voice together. I did ask her and she said no. I don't think I was asleep, because when I opened my eyes, I didn't have that "just woke up" feeling I always have when waking up. But maybe I was asleep and just didn't get that feeling that morning. I have felt something on my bed many times, i've seen spirits (angels, ghosts, etc). I'm always seeing shadows and "sparklies"... I sometimes hear a feminine voice call my name, but no one is there when I turn around. No matter where I am, i'm always feeling a spirit touch me. Usually on the arm or leg or playing with my hair. Sometimes i'll have a thought pop into my head that I know isn't mine. I've also had some weird incidents with my cat. The incidents have happened more frequently these last 5 years though. Or I should say they've picked up again, as when I was little, I used to see things a lot. But it kind of tapered off as I got older. Now it's picking up again.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
Well,the incident that you mentioned, I have to ask you whether it's the 'only' one incident which made you to ask the question of 'someone' impersonating your mother? Another question- You did not mention about whether you asked your mother immediately after the incident to know whether she had been to your room or not? I have an opinion though- All the while you 'emphasized' on the point that "I was really hoping to squeeze in more sleep before I had to get up". It could have been that you actually were in sleep (while your mother was actually in the kitchen with the utensils clanging to prepare breakfast) and what you felt as you mother coming and awaking you up was a dream. It happens that sometimes what you know is going to happen next (as in your case you were sure she is going to wake you up shortly), being either anxious/tensed/ or excited about it, you do actually see that 'happen' in dream. Also,sometimes,the moments before we get up, we are such in a 'deep' slumber that after seeing a dream in that state, we feel it as if happened in 'real' after suddenly waking up! I have the feeling that the same took place in your case.

Just my opinion. To add, I am with my view because it seems from your story, that it was a one-time incident of that 'sort' that you are having the feeling of someone 'impersonating your mother, so the possibility of it being a 'dream' sounds more logical to me. God Bless.
Crazy4Paranormal (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
Well, I haven't had this before, and I am happy about that. This sounds a bit like a doppelganger, or it could just be a haunting. Have any other things happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: