You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What Did She Want?

Real Ghost Stories

What Did She Want?

 

My first experience started 10 years ago. We moved into a house (my husband and daughter). I will tell you what the house looked like so you get a picture in your head.

It was a terraced house and you go in the front door and you're in the front room (front door is on the right of the room). Straight ahead is the door to the stairs and then a door into the kitchen. At the top of the stairs, the first door is to the left that was my room, straight across is the bathroom and to the right of that was my daughter's room.

The first thing that happened was I kept getting woken up. At first I thought it was my husband waking me up (thought to myself must have been snoring) and when I asked him in the mornings, he said he hadn't and that he's never heard me snore. I just put it down to he must have moved and woke me up that way, and didn't think any more about it and I kind of got used to it.

The next thing to happen was a smell when I woke up I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but I would smell it when I got woken up. The closest thing I can get to describing it is it was like the sage and onion stuffing you put in your turkey but sweeter. Anyway, this happened for a while on and off, not every night but most nights. I woke my husband up once when the smell was strong and he said he didn't smell anything he just said, "It's your hyper sensitive nose."

It was getting to the point were I wasn't sleeping enough because I kept getting woken up, so my husband said he would sleep downstairs thinking it was him that was waking me up in his sleep, and for a week or so it worked and I was sleeping ok again. By this time my husband was enjoying sleeping on the sofa and he loved falling asleep watching the TV so he stayed down there and I had the bed to myself.

Things started to happen not long after that, things like my pillows were being moved. Sometimes they were on the floor or turned round and no one had moved them and my alarm clock would go off at stupid times even though it was set for 7.30am. At this point I was getting really freaked out so I got a new clock and the same thing kept happening so I got rid of it and got my husband to wake me up before he left for work.

My husband got up for work at 6.30am and would wake me up at 7.00am just before he left for work. One morning he didn't have to wake me up so he left me in bed, but I woke up at 7.30am needing to pee. As I was coming out of my room to go to the bathroom, I saw him go from the kitchen into the front room so I said down to him, "You're going to be late for work, Love." And he didn't reply so I went downstairs and he wasn't there. It unsettled me a little but just thought he'd gone before he heard me. When he got home that evening I asked him was he late leaving this morning and he said, "No, why?" so I told him and he said, "You might of been still half asleep. Don't worry about it." So I didn't think anymore about it.

This next bit I'm not sure about but it freaked me out so I'll put it in, in case it makes sense to someone. I started to see a girl around the age of 8/9 with nearly black long curly hair and she was wearing an old fashioned white pinafore dress over a grey dress. She never said anything never moved she just stood there in my bath looking at me, and it was the most intense feeling of fear I have ever felt. But it was a dream and I had this nearly every night and sometimes when it woke me up I was being held down with my bed covers and I couldn't move and that smell was always there when I was woken up by the dream. The dream was bad but the covers being held over me was really scary and I would cry out for my husband and he'd come running and tell me it was just a dream and I must of got myself tangled up tight in my covers (didn't convince me though). I know the difference in getting tangled up and having someone/thing holding down my covers so I couldn't move.

Anyway these things happened for the whole 5 years we lived there and when we moved it stopped.

Sorry it's a long story and I hope someone can shed some light on it for me. Was it the girl I kept dreaming about that was doing these things to me? It's baffled me for 5 years (that's how long I've been out of that house).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dreamerxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
Spiritwolfdancer thanks for reading my story and leaving a comment, I will try and look into the history of the house and I will also light a candle for her. I will post any info I find (if any) when I can. Thanks again 😊
spiritwolfdancer (6 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-08)
Thank you for sharing your story, I get the feeling that something tragic happened to this little girl, perhaps you were the first person to make contact with her and she senced you were frightened. It might be worth while doing some research on the house since it is still fresh in your mind after all this time. In the mean time perhaps you could say a prayer for her or light a candle. Thank you again 😁
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
Thank you Cliney for your comment. What you said sounds right and the smelll you say is sage thanks for that too, it was difficult to describe as I've never smelt sage (got to say it wasn't unpleasant) and I've also read some stories on here and now know a little bit more about sleep paralysis so that sounds like what I was experienced when waking up from a dream with her in it.
So thanks for reading my story and your thoughts on it 😊
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
I have another theory... You said you have a daughter? Maybe because your a mother the child wanted your attention if she simply wanted you out I think she would have made her presence known to your family. I wonder if there was another presence (the man you mistook as your husband) and what you could smell was indeed sage (well known as an energy cleansing herb) Possibly a previous tenants attempt at ridding these spirits. I feel the little girl was maybe telling you the story of the house and the fear you felt was hers... And as for the holding down? Sounds like classic sleep paralysis possibly due to your anxiety of the bad dreams you were experiencing. Glad it's over for you now 😊
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-26)
Thanks Rev-Holmes for your comments. When you put it like that it makes sense I'm just glad she didn't do me any more harm. Reading what some people on here have gone through I think I was lucky that way, and she did get what she wanted and we moved out.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-25)
dearest dreamerxx
Isn't it obvious that there was no love lost between you and the disembodied girl?
It wanted you to move out. Spooks are very possessive of their haunts. Dont like people on their property.
Peace
😊
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
Thanks Crazy4Paranormal for your comments I wish I had this info back then but I was just too scared to think like I do now.

Rev-Holmes I'm not sure what your asking so if this doesn't help please let me know. The fear I described when I saw the girl in my dream was strong so I described it as intense and the fear when I woke up to my bed covers being held on me was worse to the point I cried out for my husband I don't know how best to describe it I was scared frightened and it was the most horrible feeling ever
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
how do you explain the fear and then the suffocating bed covers, crazy 4? 😐 🤔
Crazy4Paranormal (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
I would say it was the little girl. She wants you to know she is there. She is just trying to communicate. Maybe you are sensitive to her. If you say others don't get the same experiences maybe she is just contacting you. She didn't mean to scare you at all, just communicating:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: