You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Lady

 

I have been reading stories posted by people and I thought of sharing a few myself. I have been a research fellow and always questioned things. This is my first sighting and still today I find it difficult to believe!

I was less than 10 years of age then and had gone to my grandparents (mother's side) house for summer vacations in Rajasthan. This was a yearly practice. My parents would later join us.

My main attraction of going there was the river and we could bath in it for hours together until my grandpa came and took us back home. One such morning I was ready and too excited to go to the river. I was accompanied by my cousin sister and her friends. There was a bridge on the river which connected my grandpa's village to another village, so we used to jump in the river from the bridge.

We were walking on the bridge and were all set to spend some time in the river but on the other side of the bridge (about 20 meters or so) we saw a lady not wearing anything from above and taking bath in the river. It was normal for us, as in village most women do not wear top clothing while taking bath and we were used to it. However, I clearly remember she had golden hair like dyed with mehendi and she suddenly started calling us to her in the native language and that voice kind of still echoes to me. We ran away but we could hear her voice very loudly to the other side of the bridge.

We told grandma about the same and she said she must be a VANTRI (witches who eat children, I don't know how). We never saw her before or again! Who could she be?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, menace007, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Khanboy (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-04)
May not be witch as desis scare kids a lot. But she could be dangerous and an abducter
mystseeker15 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
I don't have an idea what that is but it is indeed scary. Thanks that you are safe. You may research about that river and with the native there.
ragini (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
well nice story. But I don't think that she was a witch. Probably you were new in that village and she might be curious that's it. Elders used to tell us such kind of things, not to scare us but just to keep distance with strangers. 😊
Regards
menace007 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
Dear joshuakeys, Spirit_Juggler, Christine_Pandora,

Well here it is not a common sighting, this was the first and last that I saw.
Yes women do bath here too and it is a common sight which is not scary, but this one did give us chills.
There is this black magic practice in India where women go to bath in rivers fully naked, I have heard that too.
But until date I have never seen this woman again, nor did my sister though she stays in the village itself all these years.
I had many other experiences too which I will post as and when I can.
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
wow this story is very good, and the witch that eats children, used to be ugly, but I like the story overall.
Qua (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
Your story is chilling. Good thing you didn't answer to the call of the witch.
sian-mariah (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
i wouldn't worry that much but I have had a simalar thing happen where was on holiday with my friend and we were playing hide and seek in the campsite and I was not with my friend at this moment but a random women who I didn't know called my name how the hell did she know my name? Weird I think, it didn't really scare me it just kind of made me wonder but it did have a little freekiness to it I guess.
Anyway I wouldn't be afraid, but its kind of weird how you didn't know her and she called you over, and about what your nan said about the vantri but I doubt it but I suppose its POSSIBLE 😨
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
Maybe she was just a lonely person or a lonely ghost looking for someone to talk to... I do not think she ment you any real harm... Even if she did seem to look out of place with her hair color. She was probably just singing. I don't see anything really scary here other someone washing. Regards, Chriss.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-03)
What exactly made you feel this woman wasn't good? Was it her the color of her hair that was strange to you and your companions that frightened you? What did she say or do exactly that caused you lot to run off?
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
I agree with Spirit_Juggler.

What exactly about the lady do you think gave you a bad feeling?

And by calling to you what was she saying?
Is the native language not used often is that why it was scary?

I'm not making a decision yet I am just trying to understand how you felt at the time and figure out what about her was so scary.

I'm from Australia and the only thing I would probably find scary is if I saw a lady bathing topless (It's not so common here) and i'd be a little cautious if a stranger was calling me over but she may have needed help or had a question or something.

I hope I have not offended but with different cultures I would really like to understand and learn more so if you could please provide more detail if possible that would be great! 😊

Also i'll be doing a quick internet search to see if I can understand India and the beliefs a little better 😊
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
I find it hard to see anything here other than a lady taking a bath in the River with a scare story to keep you away from strangers from your Grandma afterwards.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
Well when I was kid, I was told stories like this, its common in India, where children were told these kind of stories... Never knew that this could be true...

Menace how did she look like? Scary?
Thanks for sharing. Waiting for more...

Cheers

Josh
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
Witches do these type of bath in lakes before they do rituals get started... Its quite common in india I too listened these type of stories in my village...
menace007 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-01)
Dear SDS,
I did quite some enquiries about her never found anything though, also we go to our native place once in one or two years... So slowly it faded out.
But I did experience many other paranormal activities and sighting which I will post as I get time.
All that I am posting is true, that is all I can say and it is upto you to believe or not.
These are not the things I would fake around with, besides why waste my time?
Regards.
Darkfester99 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-30)
hmm interesting story in my reasearches these so called 'witches' are always using many things for secret rituals
I'm not saying that this is really true but other witches do this 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
Hello menace007, I am from India and I also came across such entities. But, I want to ask you a question. With a single incident, it is not proper to give my comments. But, after you have grown up or during the time of the experience, did you make some research on this aspect. Whether you have asked your cousins or neighbours in your village if they had any such experiences. If what your grandma said were to be true, then there must have been instances of some child or children getting caught in paranormal encounters. I am not saying that I don't believe your story. I am just asking you if you have done some research on this aspect and if so, kindly post it so that we could give some suggestions or ideas about the entity. But, with only one encounter and with no other details or happenings or experiences of your friends or relatives, I am not in a position to give any opinion about this narrative.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
debris (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
hey olivia you read this story -targets ofa poltergiets growing interests by carmabis? Nifty story 😊
lucky13girl (1 stories) (12 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
omg...creepy...but you can never tell it could have been any lady. And as you were young you might have got too scared by it and people in village are superstitious so they may have just thought it was a witch. Anyway it could have been a witch too you can never know. 🤔
menace007 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
In India these kind of women are called witches, they must be using kids for some kind of ritual maybe!
Anyways I am happy I ain't the one taking the ritual!
OliviaT14 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Wow. That gave me a little chill in my spine. I can relate to you in a way because when I was living in a smaller area in Utah, there was this creek that my family went to and my auntie told us this story. It was this story of these native people way back when that would drown their children in that creek as sacrifice for their god. Another creepy part about it was that, on the other side of the road, there wad this cliff where people would commit suicide off of. I dof an investigation and got some stuff. Pretty creepy place I tell you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: