You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl In White Night Gown

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl In White Night Gown

 

In October of 2011 I woke up one morning at around 3am. I could not move or talk. I was able to move my eyeballs. I could see in the doorway of my bedroom a little girl that looked to be about 7 years of age, with long dark brown or maybe black hair, wearing a white night gown (almost looked like an old antique type night gown) just looking at me. I at first thought it was my daughter but I could see her out of the corner of my eye laying between her dad and I. I tried to sit up, to touch my fiance, to scream but couldn't do any of it. Then it's almost as if time caught up with me. She disappeared and I all at once sat up, grabbed my fiance, and screamed!

That day I ended up getting into a car accident on my way to school and miscarried.

A few short months later I was pregnant again and weird things started happening around our apartment. We would come down in the morning after being asleep all night to our freezer door being open. If we slept with the light off, we would awake in the middle of the night with what sounded like footsteps going around our bed. Our dog started losing his hair. The front door being unlocked, etc. But what did it in for me was one night my fiance, our dog, and I were laying in bed and I was telling him about all of the things that I was experiencing when our dog all of a sudden raised his head a little and his hair stood up on his back and he started growling looking out into the hallway. After a minute he quit growling and perked his head up got off the bed and went out into the hallway and was sniffing around.

The next day when I was taking a shower it sounded as if somebody ran into the bathroom and straight into the shower. It also made the tub and shower shake. We moved out the next day.

Now a year and 3 months later, the same little girl appeared in our new bedroom. I'm not sure what time it was, but this time I was able to sit up. She was looking in my mirror and brushing her hair. After looking at her for a minute my fiance (who was sleeping on his belly) raised himself up on his arms and looked at me. I asked him if he saw the little girl over there brushing her hair. But as he looked over, she disappeared.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on what could be going on? My brother has always talked about "ghost stories" and my daughter would say she seen people that weren't really there when she was younger. I have seen things out of the corner of my eye but never had anything like this happen to me before. After reading here and there that others are also seeing a little girl like the one I am seeing, it has me wondering about her. I have also read mixed comments about her either being nice and that you should try to make contact with her and others have said she gets mean and you should avoid her. Any insight would be helpful!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dwright0508, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CPalacios01 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-05)
Hello! Was searching for more stories like this, sorry all that you been thru. Just had same issue with my 18 year son I went to pick him up from work and he told me of a little girl in white coming past the counter where only employees go. He said that NO ONE else noticed her but him cause he looked at everyone (in a busy and dangerous area for a child) he said he didn't say Anything to her (he noticed her but she didn't notice him) he turned around and went to wk then looked again and she was gone. Later that night he was taken to ER at 3am due to him and 3 others going off a embankment... They could of all died. He was the only one without a seltbelt on and got a chest contusion due to the car rolling dwn a mountain. We Thank God They are ok, but I still believe it had something to do with him being defiant (cause I warned him 2 wks ago that evil was trying to kill him and not to go out that night). Based on all other stories I feel She is a Warning!
Dar77 (10 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-23)
Dwright0508, sorry to hear of the loss of your child. I can only imagine how difficult that must be. I enjoyed your story, thank you for sharing. I too had a run in with a little girl in a white nightgown when I was 16. At first she was harmless enough and only appeared a couple times, after that she became sort of hostile and physical with me. I still have a scar from where she scratched me in my sleep. Be very careful with this girl, you never know what her intentions are. Best of luck to you
Ghoststories101 (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
Hi I am sorry it is so late I just made and account today! But I am seeing the same type or ghost you are except older I was in my moms room checking on my brother I picked up a pillow off the ground and looked at my moms dresser and their was someone with short black hair covering her face and a long white dress I just had a quick look at her and then she dissapeared. It was today that this happened. But I have seen more than one ghost. But my brother and I are the only people who can see them.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
This story hit very close to home. I wrote a good 10 paragraphs and realized I wasn't comfortable enough with sharing my own story.

So thank you for sharing yours.

I'll try to offer my personal interpretation later when I have had more rest.
NeverBroken (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
I've seen a similar looking little girl for around 3 years now. If your interested in seeing if our stories are similar, it's called "Long Experiences." What drew me to your story is that we both live in Ohio, and are seeing a little girl. Check it out.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
dwright0508,

Seeing the same time on a clock, again and again can either mean you need to take a moment... Consider what you were thinking about just before you saw the clock... The 'Universe' may be trying to tell you something...

Beware however because if it happens to frequently you can 'train yourself' to look at the clock at that time. The other thing to look into is Numerology... Applying meanings to numbers...I'll let some links explain the details starting with the history of Numerology.

Numerology got its start pretty far back in history...

"Pythagoras, the Greek mathematician who lived from 569-470 B.C., is generally accepted as the "father" of Numerology. But there is evidence that numerology was in use much before in China, Greece, Rome, and Egypt. The actual origins of numerology predate Pythagoras, the most popular being from the Hindu Vedas. Numerology is based on Pythagoras belief that reality is mathematical. For their readings, modern numerologists adopt the original Pythagorean system in which a number value ranging from one to nine is assigned to every letter of the alphabet: A is 1, B is 2, C is 3 and so on for interpretation purpose."

(from the web site...
http://anamikas.hubpages.com/hub/History-of-Numerology)

Another interesting site with some solid information is...

Http://www.numerology.com/numerology-news/numerology-101

Keep in mind there are probably as many ways to 'factor' the Numbers for this ancient practice as there are 'sands in the hour glass'. One is not any better than another, you just have to look around and see which method you are most comfortable with.

A couple of good books to start with are:

The Truth About Numerology

(http://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-Numerology-Llewellyns-Vanguard/dp/0875423957)

And

Numerology for Beginners: Easy Guide to: * Love * Money * Destiny (For Beginners)

(http://www.amazon.com/Numerology-Beginners-Guide-Destiny-Llewellyns/dp/1567180574)

Hope this helps. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
dwight,
Im not a professional and I don't think anyone else out here is one too.
I feel you should contact a professional if bad news has been preceding your sightings of the girl.
I can help you with the numbers thing but I would need your birth time place date etc. But don't post them out here in public.
Peace
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
rook
If you cannot see any logic I'm sorry I can't help you. I don't have so much time like you have. And why need I explain anything to you?
Respectfully
H13
dwright0508 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
Sorry I also forgot to answer your question Rook. My mother received the news and told me about it on January 8th which was 4 days after I seen the little girl.
dwright0508 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
SDS,
You said that I should work on improving my ability. I was just wondering if you have any suggestions on how I might do that?
dwright0508 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
Rook,
That logic actually makes a lot of sense to a lot of things in my life. The 0508 in my name represents 2 things. It's my daughters birth month and birth year. It is also my daughters birth month and my sons birth month. Her birtherday is 05/06/2008 and my sons is 08/27/2012.

Why this makes so much sense to other aspects of my life is the number 1147. It is my address number. It was my very first talk time at my very first job. At my second job it was to an agent's account that had my last name. I am always looking at the clock at exactly 11:47 (not even meaning too). Basically I have always somehow come into contact with this number but always thought it was just my lucky number.

Something else that is weird is both times it has always concerned both my mother and I. When I was involved in the car accident she was driving me to school.

I am very interested in the numerology theory now. What exactly is it called? I would like to look more into it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
Hotrod13,

How do you arrive at this piece of 'logic'...

"13 is the numeric total of the holy phrase 'to you, belongs all that is manifest, nothing is mine'"

How does that 'Holy Phrase' have the numeric total of 13?

Just wondering...

Rook
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
ill do a little explaining-13 is the numeric total of the holy phrase 'to you, belongs all that is manifest, nothing is mine'.but some christians consider the number thirteen unlucky.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
hi dwight,
I don't think the number 4 or1+3 or 5+8 is unlucky. Not for me
And it does keep repeating in many peoples lives.
H (13) 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
normally I wouldn't say that a little girl was bad. And I am not really saying that now. But I think that this little girl is warning you of sad/bad things to come. I doubt there is really anything you can really do but just deal with what comes, and also be thankful that she let's you know so that you can be prepared. Sorry if that bothers you, or if you don't agree with me, it's just what I think.
GIRLIE ❤ (sorry for you loss)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
dwright,

I have to correct myself... When I mentioned the number 4 and what it means (Creation). I stated that it does not seem to relate to anything you have experienced... But I have to admit... It actually does...

You were Pregnant at the time of the first 'sighting'...your body was 'creating' new life.

The Second Sighting: You received possibly Grave News concerning your Mother. The individual who gave Birth to you... Or in a broad interpretation... Your 'body' your 'life' was 'created' in her. So 'Creation' (the number 4) may actually have some bearing on 'why' you received these possible 'messages' on the 4th.

Just a thought or two.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
Hello dwright0508, I agree with rook. The numbers do have its effect and you have somehow the ability to feel or foresee what's going to happen in the near future. And rook, did you see, 0508 also crashes to 4. Is that your birth date and month dwright? I have a feeling that if you are able to see two negative incidents that happened in the near future, you may also have the ability to see good events also. So I don't think there is anything to be scared of. Well, as rook advised, maintain a record of events or journal and you can revisit a while later to find out what happened against certain events and experiences. That would throw more light on your experiences and if possible, try to improve upon your ability.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
dwright,

Interesting point... If your subconscious is reacting to the fear you felt while experiencing S/P or if its 'tapping into' Future Events it may very well be 'projecting' an image into your conscious mind, an image that is shaped by the fear you are feeling concerning the events you have 'picked up' on.

The 4th you say... Numerology states that the number 4 itself represents 'Creation', which does not seem to relate to anything you have experienced but let's break down the actual dates you experienced these events...

October 4th, 2011 or 10/4/2011 that would break down to a single digit number this way...

10 + 4 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 18 then 1 + 8 = 9

9 represents...

Highest Level of Changes...

So it is possible that during this event you were subconsciously 'tuned in' and perhaps actually saw the future.

Next date...

January 4th, 2013 or 1/4/2013 Which breaks down thusly...

1 + 4 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 3 = 11 then 1 + 1 = 2

2 represents...

Balance; union; RECEPTIVE; PARTNERSHIP...

The 'partnership' would indicate a Family Member and receptive could indicate the fact your mind was open to 'feeling' this before actually being told... When was your Mother told this news... Was it on the Jan 4th? When did your Mother tell you about this... Before or after 'seeing' the girl?

I hope everything I have said has made sense but please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Serenatheghosthunter (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
God bless you that's all I could say god bless you I loved your story but I did not like how it scared you 😭
teddysmummy (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
Funny it mostly happens when people are in bed. Last night I heard a small conversation in the living room when I was in bed and tutting outside our bedroom door.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
If you have moved and are seeing the same girl in your new house, obviously this girl has connected with you on some level. Have you lost any family members around that age? A sister, distant aunt, etc? Look into your history... Ask a parent or grandparent if you can. I do think in this case I would try to speak to this girl. What does she want? Is she looking over you as sort of protection?

Have to say, not only the girl in the Ring movies looks like this but the mother in the movie is continuously brushing her hair.

Good luck to you, zeta.
dwright0508 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
Well now that I have seen her a second time I have since then found out my mother may have scelrosis of the liver. Both times that I have seen her now something bad has shortly followed.

Something else I have realized is both times that I have seen her has been on the 4th. October 4th, 2011 and January 4th, 2013.

I have seen the grudge and it could be because I have seen the movie that my subconcious level is seeing this figure. Or it could be something paranormal. I am not sure what it is which is why I posted on here, but I am not making anything up.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
Ah, one other thing... Why do you think this 'apparition' looks very much like the 'spirit' from either the Ring/Grudge movies?

I do not mean to 'question' your experience but you described a 'movie ghost' ("...a little girl that looked to be about 7 years of age, with long dark brown or maybe black hair, wearing a white night gown (almost looked like an old antique type night gown) just looking at me.") and mentioned a popular 'scary movie tag' (3am) and if (when) these things are mentioned I tend to 'watch' from the fence and not say anything...

So, I guess all I'm saying is I'm on the fence about this experience and I hope you reply soon and remove my 'fears'.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
dwright,

The first time you saw this 'girl' you were pregnant... Is it the same now? Do you 'know'?

The first description sounds like Sleep Paralysis (S/P).

However you state that during your next Pregnancy noises were heard, doors 'unlocked', the freezer would be open... Footsteps were heard. All of these sound as if they may be Poltergeist Activity...

Poltergeist Activity is mostly associated with adolescents...pre-puberty/going through puberty when an individuals body is developing and going through changes. However this is not the only time a body goes through changes, Pregnancy is another time that an individuals body goes through changes. These changes, either Puberty or Pregnancy can produce energy... Energy that either is released in bursts of psychokinetic activity, moving objects, strange sounds and even things like doors opening (this can include front doors, refrigerator doors ect...). Or the energy produced can attract a spirit that uses the energy to do these same things in order to make its presence known.

I 'feel' as if your accident just after your 'first experience' (as related here) was just a sad and unfortunate event and not related in any way to you 'seeing' the little girl you have described.

My suggestion is to start keeping a Journal, by keeping track of any 'experiences' you may have you can write down all the details while they are still fresh and then go back over them and 'debunk' them to the best of your abilities... Anything that can't be explained may indeed be Paranormal in nature.

Please keep us updated and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-08)
Dear dwright0508,
I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing.
Since I am ill-equipped to assist you in this case, I shall request my esteemed experienced friends, esp. Rookdygin to help you.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: