You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Asheville Home Farm Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Asheville Home Farm Ghosts

 

In 1998, I moved to the USA from the UK after college at Cambridge (Business, Public Relations and Arts Majors), spent two years in Atlanta, GA, before moving to a lovely pace of rural heaven in North Carolina near Asheville.

I live in a house that was built in 1901 and has 3 stories, a finished basement and attic besides. The house has been fully restored and mostly done to antique fashion and furniture. Including my beloved four poster bed that my late grandma left me and was brought over from France. Never a more comfortable bed will you find. My partner Donna (it is her real name and used with permission) and I have spent several years putting our finishing touches to the house. It is a beautiful home. Very warm and welcoming and friendly.

It also happens to be full of ghosts... Both Donna and I are able to see and with some of them communicate. Others are just recordings or loops... Whatever you like to call them. Friends and family have seen them. One had a conversation with my Aunt when she visited us. In general they are not much trouble. Just a couple are a bit playful. So I thought I'd introduce you too the ghosts who share our farm:

* A negro gardener/ farm hand (?) seen on several occasions in the rose garden at the front of the house. Looks to be late 50's. Dressed in clothing from around 1920 - 1925. Non-communicative. Just looks like he is weeding the garden. Wish he actually did it would save us a lot of time. He is no trouble. Seen early morning most days.

* A lady in the basement laundry room where the maids rooms used to be before renovations in the 1970's changed it to a laundry and a games room, a guest suite and bathroom. She looks like early 1900's maid. Dressed in uniform of the time. Doesn't do much but stand near the far wall near the hot water tanks and watch you. Doesn't talk. Looks to be late 20's. Sometimes seen too at the bottom of the stairs looking up at the kitchen entry door. Like she is waiting for someone to call her for a task.

* Two young boys who play out next to the barn. One is about 10, the other probably a year or two younger. Both look similar blonde hair, blue or green eyes. Look to be dressed from about the late 1940's. They giggle and laugh and sometimes will ask if you've seen their father as he should be home soon. I tried to ask more of them, all I got from them was the older one (who talks most) that, "Daddy's a soldier. He'll be home soon." I'm guessing these boys are still waiting for their dad to come home from the war. There are papers I found in the attic that stated a former WWII soldier did live in this house with his family. Maybe he went back to fight more and never came home. I have no idea why the boys are there. Research states the soldier and his wife had 4 children: three boys and a girl, and another son who died as an infant. Maybe they are a loop or something.

* My horse Khan (see story Khan's Return) who is buried under the apple trees in the Home Yard. Seen standing under the trees next to his grave marker. Often heard whinnying to my other horses, sometimes galloping around his yard. He was my champion show horse for several years. Passed away in 2008.

* The old man who stomps up and down the stairs between the ground floor and the next. Often heard muttering to himself. Grey haired, wears old biball overalls and boots and ball cap-like hat. Looks like he's been out working hard and is covered in dirt. We didn't know he was around until we changed the hall and stairs wallpaper... Apparently he put them in and didn't like the changes. We talk to him and apologized. He said he is ok with it. But once and a while we still here him. He told us to call him "Pa" so when we here him stomping we say, "Hey, Pa, keep the noise down please." And he usually does. He just likes to let us know he's around I guess.

* The old Cook in the kitchen called "Marmie" who likes to bang the pots and pans. And sometimes in the middle of the night you will awake to smells of fresh cooked bread. She is in her 40's, dressed in early 1900's style and will talk to you a little bit when she's in the right mood. Or wave cooking pans at you when she isn't.

We have a few others we are still learning about. And I will post more as I get to know them better, as there are good stories to go along with them.

I'm just glad I have such a wonderful and caring partner who supports and believes me, as she sees and hears them too. I love this home and wouldn't change it for the world.

Thank you for reading and hope you have enjoyed it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MsWrestlersGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
OK, thank you again lady glow. But I doubt I'll bother to read them now that I know they're fake. I was just curious why her stuff at the top of this page, isn't like other's. Which I guess would be because her page is deactivated.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Wow! You have had very fascinating experiences! Some people would run for the hills but you and your wife decided to stay and offer acceptance! At least - no matter what - you will always have some company!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Twilight1011: yes, this person was a very prolific writer.

If you want to read more of her/his stories just enter their name in the box located in the upper right corner of this screen under the name "Search this site" and then press the "search" button beside it, this will take you to a list of this OP's submissions.

I hope this helps.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Lady glow, again thank you for answering me back about this. I really wasn't expecting to get one. But I noticed you said that this was the last straw on their long "experience". Was there other stories submitted by this person? I only ask because I'm still new to this site, so I'm not sure how everything work's on here. Like was her other ones deleted? But if so, how is this one still up? And where was the horse one at? Because it says she only wrote 1 story at the top of this one. I'm sorry for the many question's, I'm just confused. Not saying that I don't agree with the decision made with her! I just would have assumed all of her stuff would have been deleted.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-05)
Twilight1011: I'm not trying to answer for Granny, but I still remember the fuss caused by this particular OP. S/he is a good writer but her/his stories are not necessarily true.

Check the following link, this was pretty much the last straw on their long list of 'experiences'.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=17095

Don't forget to read the thread of comments, the answer to your question is there.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-05)
I know this is a old post, but I had a question to ask zzsgranny. I see you said that this person was making up her stories, or something along them lines? I also noticed that the author had said that she had posted more of her stories, and dreamerxx said that she enjoyed them, and made it seem like she was, or did, post them? So what I want to know is, and I mean no disrespect, but where the authors stories fake? And what happened to her other stories that was mentioned about being posted? I'm just curious as to what all really happened with this author, because it seems like she's no longer has an active account here now. Again, I know this is an old post, so I'm sure I'll be left with no answers to my questions, but I thought I'd at least try and see if I could find out what all happened with this author, as well as her other stories she claimed to submit? Thank you, and I really mean no disrespect!
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
MsWrestlersghost-
I really enjoyed your account of what you've been experienced. I live a little over an hour away from Asheville. I am in Ashville every couple of months. It's a beautiful area. I was born and raised in this area. I have experienced a lot of "spirit" activity in and around Asheville. I have a couple of stories that I haven't published yet to tell what I've lived through with my "entities". Thanks for sharing.
Regards, Kellbear
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
Wow, why did MsWrestlersGhost run away so fast?...hmmm, maybe because more than just a few of us here saw through her Bull-onie?...For instance, this reply by her to Dreamerxx:
"Glad you like the way I do my stories. I try hard. I write a rough copy on paper first so make sure I get it down fully the way I like it and so that it makes proper sence. As I don't want to upset or confuse anyone... Then I put it on the submit page and after a spell check, I recheck to make sure its all good... And only after my partner who is a English Lit. High School teacher checks it and she likes it do I submit it for the site... Its all a lot of work... I don't mind I'm not work shy. It is all worth it when people tell you they have enjoyed it... Makes it all worth while."

Well, that's just a blatant lie... Miracles and I had to do extensive editing of all her stories... They were published because at first they seemed credible...However, MsWrestlersGhost doesn't realize how well learned our community is in research...So, I'll march on to the next Blankie worthy piece of fiction by this author...

Consider the Blankie flung on this one 😆
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Dreamerxx:
Hey its all good. As long as you enjoy the stories, it dosent matter if you read them later then others. You can't help being busy... I'm just happy to read you liked and favourited my stories, makes me feel lucky that there are such good people on this site who understand all these crazy goings on that we all deal with on here.

I have quite a few more stories. I will be submitting 2-3 at a time whenever I have enough avaidable time with work.

So you'll soon have some more to enjoy, I hope. Once I put them up for submitting in a few days... I might try to do one today. I have it written rough copy. See how time is and i'll try to get it on the submit lineup.

Thankyou again for enjoying them,
Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
MsWrestlersGhost I've been busy lately and have only just read your post and I have also read your new stories and put them in my favorites, they are a joy to read and all the hard work you and your partner put in is so worth it, as always look forward to more 😊
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Jerryhend1:
Thankyou. The two boys are unusual in the fact that they are around with no record of death to match them. The family who lived here during the second world war, (The age and clothes of the ghosts), had three living chilren 2 boys and a girl. Only a baby boy who was a few weeks old died from a heart problem. No other records from around then before or after show any child deaths on the property either and Asheville County keeps very stricked records. So it is very hard to work out exactly why they are here.

I don't mind that they are around, its so good to see them playing happily and laughing and having fun. Neither look bothered or upset... Maybe they are a living residual... They are younger versions of still living old men? Its always had me wondering since I first found out about them and did research on the family here at the time.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
The two boys you had said that talk to you, if their talking to you, asking where there father is then I would say they're not loops, or residual, their interacting with you, that would be an intelligent haunt. But anyway it sounds like you all have a nice place, with some extra personalities too. Love to hear of more encounters.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Dreamerxx:
I am so glad you enjoyed this story too... I read your message on Khan's story page and I really thankyou for that too, I wrote a reply for you on that page too.

Glad you like the way I do my stories. I try hard. I write a rough copy on paper first so make sure I get it down fully the way I like it and so that it makes proper sence. As I don't want to upset or confuse anyone... Then I put it on the submit page and after a spell check, I recheck to make sure its all good... And only after my partner who is a English Lit. High School teacher checks it and she likes it do I submit it for the site... Its all a lot of work... I don't mind I'm not work shy. It is all worth it when people tell you they have enjoyed it... Makes it all worth while.

Ive submitted 3 stories yesterday... So hopefully they will be up soon. With any luck... Depending on how busy everyone who looks at the submissions prior to posting them on the page are... To all those who do that work... Your doing a brilliant job... The site is getting more brilliant all the time... No, I'm not trying to suck up *rofl*... I just say it as I see it... Cant help it, it's just my nature!

Narella:
Hey no problems, thankyou for reading and enjoying it. I'm so very lucky my ghosties are good and mostly well behaved in this house... I'm so lucky considering some of the ones I have had to deal with over the years. These ones are angels compared to some. And sharing my home with such good spirits helps me wind down and relax after my time away for work.

Wouldn't change it for anything in the world!

Best Wishes,
Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
I love reading stories like this. I hope your experiences in your home continue to be positive and interesting.
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
MsWrestlersGhost I love your introduction of all of your house guests and I look forward to reading more of your stories ❤
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Ashling:
Hey there! Most ghosts are fairly good. I'm so lucky my lot are pretty well behaved.

There is a possibility that a few could be attracted into being more visual because of my gift. A couple didn't show them selves for nearly a year after we moved in and others did straight away. So I guess they could have been drawn to me. Either way I wouldn't change a thing. I'm finding out new things about them daily... New quirks etc.

No need to be afraid of most ghost... And if they do frighten you... If you have a religion... Pray to whom you say your prayers or tell them to get out in the name of Jesus Christ and you shouldnt have too many problems.

Dont worry I'll be posting some more for you soon I promise.

Geetha50:
Wow...the way you went after that guy who hurt your friend... Sounds like something I would have done. I'm very protective of people I'm friends with and care about. The guy deserved you going after him.

Sounds like we have a similar temprment. I once threw a folding chair at a guys head because he said something very disrespectable to me about my private life. I missed the top of his head by half an inch... He's lucky I don't have better aim.

Spockie:
Awesome nickname!... Star Trek Fan?... I'm a Trekkie from way back... Lol! (Nerd Alert!)... I'm in a drumming circle, yes. Been in a few over the years. Being that my Grandma on my mother's side is Sioux... She got me into it when I was 12... It helped get my spiritual side balanced.

Im glad you like Asheville... I love it too, I have been here nearly 13 years now and I wouldn't change it for the world... Nice place to come back and relax too after being away working so much.

Thankyou everyone,
Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
OMG I would love to live in Asheville... Ghosts or no ghosts. It is one of my favorite places on Earth. Do you do the drum circle? Being a spiritual person, I thought you might.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
I'm same as you... Most of the time. I usually try to work things out with people but then there are some people who just rub you the wrong way. When I know I'm going to blow a casket, I tend to walk away or back off so I could calm down. But then again there are some that push you over the edge and when that happens, nobody can stay in the same room as me but that is far and wide in between. I guess that is hard to get over but simmers down as we grow older. My mom has to remind to be like girl (or a like a lady) sometimes because I could act like a guy sometimes. I actually went after a bully with a baseball bat in grade 5 because he pushed and kicked my physically disabled friend because she wouldn't give him her lunch money.
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
I really enjoyed reading this! I always think if I seen a full body apparition I'd completely freak out, but when I read about people like you who take it all in their stride that seems like a really dumb reaction. Reading this makes me wish I lived in a house like yours so I'd always have company:) Can't wait to read more of your stories. Do you think all the ghosts used to live there or were they attracted by you? And do they ever communicate with each other?

I also just read your story about Khan and was crying like a baby (which is really bad as I'm currently in my college library pretending to study). Looking forward to reading more of your stories don't keep me waiting too long!
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Geetha50:
Its so good to see another person besides myself who reads a profile page of a poster before they reply to someone the first time in... I thought that besides the MODS I may have been the only one. Makes it helpful I think when being able to offer the best help when needed.

Im not the fighting type now I'm retired from the ring. Id rather try to talk things out and preferably without to many nasty words. The MODS I'm sure would deal with any real problem makers... I don't want to cause to many hassles and become a bad guy (so to speak... As I'm a girl! Lol).

Id rather stick to being a peacemaker like I usually am or wind up being.

Ive replied to your email Geetha. Hope I have helped you out... Let me know if you need any other help with what we talked about in the mail.

Be Cool,
Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
After reading the stories, I tend to read the profile of the author before I pass judgement because I don't want to say something that isn't true or could come back wrong. Also, I like to get to know the person before I give my suggestions.

As for those comments by people who think you are fake, you have to either forget about them and ignore them or fight back. Sometimes it isn't worth it. You don't have to name names because I know which ones you are talking about.

Thanks for reading my stories and putting me on the favorites. I have one more story written up but the link closed before I could close it. I will post it as soon as it opens.

I also sent you an email and would like to hear what you have to say.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
Geetha, Thankyou for your kind message and I'm glad you enjoyed the stories I have written.

Thankyou for reading my profile too and finding out more about me and my background before messaging me. Others sadly have not and have jumped to accusations that I'm a child making up English class style tales. Note mentioning any names because they know who they are. It is nice to read someone who is clearly smarter tham that.

Geetha, I also really enjoy your stories and have read all those youve posted so far. And I have put you on my fav. Posters list. Looling forward to any new ones you might have in the future.

Im currently putting down on paper some rough copies of some ghost close encounters I have had. Once I have them down in a good enough and suitable for this site way I will post them as soon as I can. I hope you will like them too.

Thankyou again,
Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
I wish I had your house guests rather mind because sometime they can be a mystery to me. I would love to here more stories from you as your profile and your two stories have peek an interest.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
Fergie:
Thankyou again. I'm glad you enjoyed the introducions. I was trying to work out how to introduce all the best known house guests in a easy and clear but still enjoyable way. So I wrote a few rough drafts on paper first and this stlye looked to be the best way I could get it all across.

Most of the ghosts here thankfully are a lot easier to get along with than some I have had to deal with in my life. At least these ones have never hurt me or tried too. A couple of ghosts I grew up with did. "Marmie" isn't to bad, mostly you only know she is around by the smell of fresh cooked bread. You only ever hear her making noise is when she's upset at us. Usually if we've left dishes unwashed overnight to do in the morning cause we've been to tired or something similar. And I think that's only cause she can't stand messes and probably thinks we want her to clean it up. Which we dont... Shes just a bit of a neat freak.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
MsWrestlersGhost: Now that was really 'cute'; introducing us to your 'other residents'! 😊

It's great, when you can get along with spirits like that, it certainly makes life interesting; except for when they become annoying, like "Marmie". It would scare me out of my wits, if I heard a clatter in the kitchen in the middle of the night!

I have been very lucky with 'visitors', I have been startled at times, but never scared!

Thank you for your interesting post. I hope to hear more from you, when you get a 'breather' from work.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Darkened Waters
If you read my profile you would know that I for some reason since I was very young have because of my Medium and Psychic ablities I have always had a lot of ghosts around me. Even more so since I accepted my gift instead of ignoring it as I did for most of my life. So please don't don't talk to me like somestupid 13year old writing a English class assignment. I didn't know the place was haunted until after Donna and I bought it.

It is however not the first haunted house I've lived in in my life. I've lived in 10 of the 16 homes I've resided in since my birth. My first home in the UK had five ghost one who saved my life by warning my mother that I got my head caught between the side and the matress when I was 4 months old.

At 36years old, and 37 in 5 days. Please don't treat my likr a foolish child and read a profile before you try to shoot someone and their story down.

Thanks.
Kind Regards.
Ms Wrestlers Ghost.
darkenedwaters (2 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
The story of moving into a new house in rural America sounds like a classic movie intro lol. Perhaps you should wonder why so many dead folk are using your house as permanent residence.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Shh_I'm_Sleeping:
Thankyou for reading and enjoying the story.
I'm very happy to have these extra house guests. Even when they drive me crazy sometimes. Their mostly great to have around.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
I am fascinated by your story. It seems as though they loved the home as much as you. You're very lucky to share in their experiences.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Hey Miracles51031:
It is amazing how sometimes ghosts show themselves. It's always fascinated me since I first noticed them when I was young. And some have the funniest idea's of how to let you know their around. Boy do I know that from experience. (Something I'll write about very soon).
We are very lucky with our extra housemates as Donna and I call them. That any hassles with them have been settled by talking to or appologising to them. "Pa" is prime example... He has paid back appology by becoming a kind of house guard. If someone comes over he doesn't like we will hear a sudden short burst of stomping on the stairs. Everytime that's happened not long after we have found out this person has been trouble for us.
So we are very glad they are around. We wouldn't have it any other way.
Im lucky I have Donna, she has kept me very grounded. And helped strengthen my gift and realise I should use it and not hide it.

By the way love your stories Miracles... Awesome.

Kind regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: