You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: House Making It Hard To Remain A Skeptic

Real Ghost Stories

House Making It Hard To Remain A Skeptic

 

I'm going to start by mentioning I am a skeptic. Not to say that I don't believe paranormal occurrences can take place I just try to find the most rational explanation first. The house I live in is making it hard to deny the fact that there is something wrong here.

The earliest occurrence I can remember a friend and I were up late chatting and the subject of ghosts was brought up. We're both adults, I believe we were 24 and 22 at the time, and were just passing the time with good conversation. After a couple hours we start looking up "real" ghost videos online. We muted the computer as it was quite late and didn't want to wake my now fiancé sleeping down he hall if we found one of those "jump" videos with the scary face flash and loud scream. Most of what we found was easily faked or obviously meant to be a spoof.

One video really caught our attention though. It was a compilation of several videos that reminded us of experiences we had. Some we had just discussed, in fact. The final clip was the longest and for most of the beginning of the clip nothing was happening. We both got in really close on the screen to try and figure out what the video was trying to show. It was a child's room, looked like it was from the 70s or 80s and the video quality matched. In the foreground was a picture of Jesus making the "I have big spikes through my hands" face, wearing the crown of thorns. The background was a closet with one of those toy clocks, the ones where if you spin one hand they both spin at the appropriate speed, hanging on the inside of the open door. After almost giving up and moving on to the next video the hands on the clock began to spin. Slowly at first, and gradually more rapid until it was bouncing against the closet door on which it was hung making a thumping sound.

I look over at my friend who is now about ten shades whiter than usual and slack jawed. I inquired about his reaction and he replied with, "The computer is muted." I don't remember where I was going to go with my reply but I got out a, "Yeah, but" before he pointed at the icon on screen and the lit mute button on the laptop and said, "No, Pink, the computer is muted." Suddenly it occurred to me that there should be no way we could hear the clock thumping away on screen. We both backed up fast onto the couch behind us. Two grown men cuddling on a couch arguing over who has to shut the laptop, which was still thumping, getting louder. We decided that both of us jumping up, slamming the laptop shut, and running out of the room was the best course of action.

Scariest part of this particular happening is a few months later we were having another one of our "let's tell stories that will freak us out nights" and my brother was in attendance. So we wanted to see if we could get the muted computer to make noise with that video again. Problem is we scoured the Internet to find it to no avail. Literally no trace of it on any video hosting site we could find.

This was as far as I'm concerned the night that started it all. It took longer than I expected to type this out on my phone so I'm going to break here and post the next memorable experience tomorrow.

Other hauntings by m15terp1nk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, m15terp1nk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
No worries, but please let us know the link to the clip once you find it... My curiousity has hit high level now!
m15terp1nk (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Sorry I haven't kept up with responding here so let me do them all now. I'm about to share the second part of my tale so that should be up in the next few days.

[at] casper: No external speakers. And yes the computer was very muted. It was a laptop with a hard wired mute switch which was set to mute and just to be double sure I also muted the sound through Windows.

[at] Rozo and JSebax: that's not it but we did also see that one that night. The setup of the room is similar but too modern. It also lacks the children's clock on the closet door and the door in the video we saw was slightly ajar.

[at] Geetha: Yes, the computer was muted the laptop in question actually has a light on the switch to confirm the mute. Also muted through Windows. Both the light and the icon confirmed, and none of the other videos made any noise.

[at] Webbie: Lol. The next part of my story will be computer typed. I jus got an iPhone and decided to get some practice in. Also, lazy. Computer was downstairs, I was upstairs, you know how these things go.

[at] Sleeping: To avoid being offensive I'll just let you know we are both atheists. And leave it at that.

I think I got everyone there. Part two will be coming up soon your comments will be welcome there as well. I will uniform the titles to make it easy to find.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
That story was simple yet very very creepy. I think the simpliest things are often the most scariest 😨. You say you had the main volume on mute, but had you speakers attached to the computer which have their own volume switch? Maybe those were the source of the noise?
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
JSebax, I believe that might be what they are looking for... Its the same as my link...
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Weird how things work sometimes... I was reading your story and knew exactly what you were talking about... I saw that clip right here on this sight... Here is the link...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-pictures-videos/spirits-demons-compilation.php

You will have to scroll a bit... Its a compilation of scary videos... But its there! And so are some other really disturbing and scary ones...

Enjoy!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
Creepy indeed... Let me ask you this... You said that you and your friend muted the laptop before listening to the videos... Are you SURE you muted it... Laptops can be weird and sometimes you think you did but you really didn't or you must not have pushed the button properly to mute?
JSebax (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
I'm surprised you were able to type all that on your phone. I'm old school - and like a hard keyboard I can pound away on.

Your story is creepy. 😊

It's a shame you couldn't find the video again to test if the clock sound would be heard again through the muted laptop.

Thanks for sharing.

This comment from shhh_im_sleeping is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: