You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Evil In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Evil In My Bedroom

 

This is my first submission on this site, and need some guidance/help.

I live in Melbourne Australia. This story takes place at my mum's house. This house has been the family home since 1977. We have all had experiences in this house, but this story is about what has been happening in the two back bedrooms (which originally were my and my sister's bedrooms).

Around the age of 18-19, every night at approx 2.00a.m. I would feel something in my room. The temperature would drop and it just felt evil. It felt like pressure on my chest and I would be paralysed and could not scream or move. I have had my blankets thrown off the bed, and something trying to drag me out of bed. This was happening every night and after a year or so, my parents and I swapped rooms as I couldn't handle it any more. Some nights my sister would hear her window open and something coming into her room (she could hear footsteps yet we had carpet) and sit on the edge of her bed and just stare at her.

Fast forward to now, and my youngest brother now is in my old bedroom, with my sister's room now been used as storage room. He is now experiencing the same thing that I had experienced. Pressure on chest, he gets shaken while sleeping, covers being thrown off him, getting dragged out of bed, and he hears all these noises in the now storage room. It is scaring him so much that he doesn't like sleeping in his room anymore and he feels that he has been drained of energy. Not sure what we can do to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scared65, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
Firstly, apologies for not getting back to this site earlier. Both my brother and I care for my mother as she had a fall in February and I have been busy taking her to appointments (doctors, physios etc), so unfortunately I have had no opportunity to check history and owners of our house. I think the only place I can check this is in the city (Land/Titles Office).

Rook
I checked with my brother's girlfriend and she mentioned that the "portal" is a place they feel comfortable in.

Further update to this story:

In late January (I think it was the 28th). My brother was due to go fishing with some friends at 4.30a.m. He set his alarm but for some reason the alarm did not go off. He got a call about 5.00 a.m.from his friend wanting to know where he was. Anyway, my brother did not end up going fishing. At around 6.30 a.m. He felt something rush up to him and started choking him. He felt that this "thing" was really angry at him and he quickly ran out of his room and slept in the lounge room.

Since that morning, my brother decided to put rock salt along the floor of the doorway that seperates the now spare bedroom and my old bedroom. Since then he has not had any experiences.

I will be posting another story soon with all the other incidences that we have had in our current home.

Thanks
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
Right, I can't put myself into your boots in this story. Please could you of added more detail. BUT... Try cleansing your house are some of the methods people have suggested. They might just work.
jewelre (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
hi,
After nearly 3 months of torment in my room (which I am still in) I decided to ask my uncle what to do and he told me to put garlic (1 or 2 with the skin off) at or above my door and at my windows... It sounded so simple but I tried it and it worked! I sleep like baby since. I removed them after about 9 months to check (last November lol) and its calm. I didn't think it would work since what I felt and saw seem so evil, choked me once. Should give it a try. 😊
Dominus (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Make a circle of sea salt around your bed for a night and see if anything happens to you. I have herd that evil cannot cross over salt.
othershadows101 (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
- Scared65

Have you ever moved? If you have has there been any ghost experiences at your old house if you have moved? If so you are being haunted if not its just that house and move cause that will fix the problem ask yourself these questions I'm a investigator and can solve it if you reply.

Sincerely-Othershadows101
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
scared65,

You also mentioned your Brother's Girlfriend is a 'sensitive' and she described... Well you stated it like this...

"She also mentioned that there is apparently a "portal" in my old room (near my window). She told me there is a temperature difference (warmer), but to be honest I could not feel it."

Please ask her if she meant a 'Portal' that an individual Spirit/Entity uses... A place it feels comfortable or finds 'easier' to manifest in. Or if she meant 'Portal' as in a Gateway which many Spirits/Entities may use to manifest/crossover into the physical realm. It is important to know the difference.

Thanks in advance. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Thanks Rook,

I will try and get more information from our Council and see what I can find. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
scared65,

I think perhaps more knowledge of former owners and, if it can be found out, which rooms were used for what may help in this case. The age of the home is not its only history, and its never the most important, the people who have lived and are currently living there is.

Keep a Journal, do some more research into the home and even the property itself...I'd focus on past owners as a good starting place.

As I stated before, more information is good information.

Respectfully,

Rook
scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Rook,

Definitely, my brother has felt exactly what I have felt. The only difference is that he has been shaken in his bed, and that he feels someone staring at him at the end of his bed, which I never did. He also sees shadow people in the corner of his eye, just looking at him, and sometimes when he is on the computer, he feels that someone is looking over his shoulder.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
scared65,

The next question is do the others who have shared their experiences in the room describe 'feeling' the same?

I do not mean to press... But the more information we have will aid in not only determining what may be happening, but how to 'deal' with whatever it is.

Respectfully,

Rook
scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Rook,

I have not researched the history of the home, but believe it is approximately 70 years old. Will try and see if I can find anything on the house.

I believe I truly felt evil in my room. I can't explain it properly. I am a light sleeper so any noise or movement I instantly wake up. I could feel "it" in the air before I felt the pressure on my chest. I have even seen it in my room one night - it was mist like it was travelling across the ceiling in my room.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
scared65,

Thanks for your answers.

I do not think your brothers use of a Board, in the detached garage would cause a 'portal' to form in your bedroom.

Do you know, have you researched any of the homes history?

As far as this statement of yours...

"The temperature would drop and it just felt evil."

Did it truly feel evil, or did it 'seem' to feel evil because you were scared? I am not trying to be 'obtuse' in any way, just wish to point out that there can be a difference between something that is really evil and something that 'feels evil' because it has scared us.

Again, thanks for answering our questions and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Hi Rook, thanks for your comment.

In answer to your questions, when my parents moved into my room, they also experienced activity in the room, i.e. Faces on the wall. One night my dad saw a white figure, female, looking for something in the closet. My mum refuses to speak to me about what she has experienced as she knows that I get scared.

My sister is one year older then me, but her experiences were earlier than mine. She may have been 15-16 years old. My brother is in his 40's.

Another thing is that my sister's room was used as a spare room around 8 years ago. My brother and his girlfriend were staying in my sisters room for a week. My brother's girlfriend mentioned to us the first morning that there is something in the room trying to get her attention during the night (she is a sensitive) and woke up with a headache as she was trying to use all her energy to not communicate with it. She also mentioned that there is apparently a "portal" in my old room (near my window). She told me there is a temperature difference (warmer), but to be honest I could not feel it.

Another thing, my brother has confessed that he used the Ouija Board back in the early 1990's, and he performed a seance in the garage (which is not attached to the house).

Thank you for the cleansing method. I will get my brother to use it.

Will let you know how it all works out.

ThanksE
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
scared65,

Construction is obviously not an option. Please try the Method, one I have developed over many years, suggested by Sceptic-Ari.

You mentioned that you swapped rooms with your Parents... Did they have any experiences while in the room?

You mention your brother is now in the room, and having the same experiences... How old was your sister at the time of these events (you mentioned you were 18/19) and how old is your brother? I ask because it may have a bearing on what is being experienced.

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
Dear scared65,

Thanks for sharing.

I would like to suggest rookdygins very effective shielding method which he has very graciously permitted me to provide.
Please remember that this will have max effect when the person residing in that particular room practices it, rather than you or someone else:-

Rookdygins Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
Webbie,
Thank you for your comment. I think the best course of action is to bring a priest in again. That room still terrifies me!

Thanks
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
Hi scared65. Your story brings back memories for me. I had to ban a room in my childhood home too. Almost the same stuff was happening; bed shaking, touching, cold spots, and general rudeness when sleeping. It only happened in one room and it ended when I moved out of it.

The only thing I could suggest would be a ritual or blessing. You could stay clear of the room but that doesn't make the entity go away, it just gives them more space.

I would suggest one other thing but I don't know your religious beliefs. I would pray. I see now how it helps (and fights) against a negative energy and I wish that I had done that as a child. Instead I lived in terror.

I wish your family well in dealing with this thing.
scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Thank you all for your comments:

Darkendwaters
I personally don't believe it is our imagination, as both myself and my brother have felt the same thing in the room.
I am so frightened of the room, that I refuse to even walk or look in the room when it is dark.

Hotrod

We have lived in this house since 1977 and I know that someone has died in the house (an old lady). These events/occurrences have been happening since the late 80's. We have had a priest come in quite a few times but that does not seem to have worked.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
You all will probably agree with me that this house is not a pleasant place to love on rite now. You will also agree that the writer hasn't been imagining things. There is a lot of unexplained activity going on.
Such entities will only follow you only if some one has set them upon you or they are attached to you in some way... This doesn't seem to be the case here. Could be the house has been built on not a very benevolent site. The answer may lie in the houses history, maybe the writer has intruded on a site which the entities consider their property.
darkenedwaters (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Sounds like no actual harm has come to anyone yet, you probably shouldn't go to any priest or wicca 'rituals' or think that you have a 'demon'. If your brother is truly frightened of the room, he shouldn't really be sleeping there, but if your parents had no problems, you could be simply looking at over active imaginations. Stay in the room as a group over night and see what happens, the feeling of safety will help with any fears and you will truly be able to see if something paranormal is going on.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Hello Scared65,
I have to disagree with the last person who posted. Demons, or these entities, whatever you want to call them, do not just go away. Ignoring them hasn't worked either, appearantly in your situation. Rook suggests using his cleansing methods 2 or more times. Sometimes you have to do it several times, especially if you have more than one. I don't know what religion you are, but most religions have different methods of how to deal with the entities. I believe that demons can follow you wherever you move to. Even in my belief, sometimes you have to do the methods more than once to get rid of them.

This comment from Hotrod13 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
sds,

Thank you for your comment. We will be trying the sage method as suggested by Nikkikki. I will also try Rook's method.
scared65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Nikkikki,
Thank you for your advice. We had a priest bless the house approx a year ago. With regards to the burning of sage, do we need to say a prayer?

Thanks again for your advice

Scared65
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Hello scared65, I have a feeling that the room has some negative energy. Why don't you use Rook's method of cleansing mentioned elsewhere in this site. It really helps. Further, fortunately the negative entity has not hurt you or your brother until now. But, your brother says that his energy is drained out of him. So, I feel it is time you acted immediately. Try cleansing method, you can cleanse the whole house properly. I hope it would definitely help. If it does not work to your satisfaction, then you should definitely consult some experts to ward off this negative entity.

Kindly keep us posted of any further experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
nikkikki (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
I would suggest that you call a religious authority figure of your choice to bless your house and your family. Try burning sage and putting salt at each entrance to every room. Keep us updated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: