You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Dream With A Glimpse Into The Future?

Real Ghost Stories

A Dream With A Glimpse Into The Future?

 

I will never forget the early hours of the morning on January 5, 2011. My dream was so real and vivid I can still recall every detail. I remember someone getting ready to strike me in the forehead with a large rock and it seemed that at the very moment I was hit everything went calm. I could see my body below me; lifeless. I remember thinking "All of the time I've been afraid of dying and it didn't hurt at all." My surroundings were the brightest white and warm. I felt like I was being cuddled in a warm blanket fresh from the dryer. It was the best feeling ever... And then I awoke. I thought about this dream all day but whenever I thought to tell my husband the thought would just leave my mind.

During this time my mother was battling stage 4 colon cancer and had a touch of bronchitis. My mom called me that night at exactly 8:07 p.m. I was shocked because she never calls me, I always call her. I asked her if she was O.K. And she said she was. Actually she said she felt great and had a good day. She had gone to her PCP earlier for her bronchitis and the nurse gave her a Prednisone shot even though her blood sugar was around 564. She called to tell me that my niece was pregnant with her 6th child. We talked and gossiped for about a half hour. She said was going to go eat and I told her I would see her tomorrow. When I hung up the phone I remember saying "Darn it!" and my husband said "What?" and I told him I had a dream and I meant to tell Mom about it but forgot... But I never told him either. I just said that I would tell her the next day.

At 2 a.m. January 6th the phone rings. My husband answers. I get up and ask who's on the phone. He says "It's your sister. Your mom passed away, I'm sorry." Within minutes I was dressed and heading to my parents' house 7 miles away. I walk in and her meal was sitting untouched by her recliner in the living room. The SOAP network was still playing. She had passed away in the bathroom. The coroner said it looked like she had been deceased several hours prior to my Dad finding her because her blood had drained to her feet. Remember, several hours prior she said she felt great. I was stunned and in shock! It wasn't until I saw my Mom in her casket two days later that I remembered my dream. I looked at my Mom and her left eye was bruised for no known reason. The coroner suspected she passed of a stroke or heart attack but initially put colon cancer on her death certificate.

I wonder if my dream was a sort of premonition of what was to come. I thought the dream was about me but I firmly believe now that it was about my Mom. I believe the dream was to prepare me and help me cope with the tragedy to come. Also, I don't think it was meant for me to speak about the dream or to "warn" her. If my dream was an exact representation of what the afterlife will be like, then I take great comfort in knowing that my Mom is in a better place.

Other hauntings by shhh_im_sleeping

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shhh_im_sleeping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

baileybailey (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-20)
hi, I'm sorry for your loss.

Life is like a candle and when the candle is about to die you will notice a burst of life from the wick giving a large flame, then it will die. This is what happens with life people will have a huge burst of energy and seem as fit as a fiddle like they had never been ill and then they are gone. They usually hang around for a little while before the go, they like to reassure their loved ones that they are still around and there is life after life, they go on to where they are supposed to be but in the hour of need they will be there for us.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Bluenose19, You know, I totally forgot about that... Both my mom and grandmother always said that. If you dream your death then it is someone else that you know that is going to die. Also, if you have dreams in the early mornings, that the dream will come true.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Thank you for sharing that Bluerose19 because I believe that too. My mom once shared with me that her second husband had dreamed his own death. You know I will surely be paying closer attention to my dreams for now on:)
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Shh I m sleeping: I am an Indian and according to one of the many cultures we have in India (and which I belong to), there is a saying/belief that if we see ourselves dying in a dream, then it turns out to be that someone very close to the dreamer, dies in reality.Sorry,no offence please to anyone, I am just talking about a cultural 'belief'.I had actually forgotten about this belief/saying and I suddenly only remembered after reading your story and when you mentioned about a 'connection' between your dream and your mother's death. I am extremely sorry for your loss and I hope that she is resting in peace now. Take care.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
First of all, sorry for your loss. Just know that your mother is at peace now.

Like one of the posters said, the dream was meant for only you, that's why you kept forgetting to tell your husband and your mother.

I have no doubt some angel let you know that your mother's death was near and was preparing you for it and came back not only to checkup on her husband but on you also. What you saw out your window again was meant for your eyes only. It doesn't matter what non believers have to saw about it.

As long as you know that your mother is at peace and not in pain, that is all that counts.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Your dream is interesting and I have no doubt it was connected to your mothers passing... About to be hit by a big rock was IMO, a preparation of what's ahead unknowingly for you but for your mother... And later on connecting that rock to the bruise under your mothers eye was validation for me, this message was about your mother... The part you should take comfort in is what followed...

"I could see my body below me; lifeless. I remember thinking "All of the time I've been afraid of dying and it didn't hurt at all." My surroundings were the brightest white and warm. I felt like I was being cuddled in a warm blanket fresh from the dryer. It was the best feeling ever"

That was how your mother felt when she left her body, that was the second part of your dream your guardian angel wanted you to know... It is the most peaceful and warmest transition when our time is up and our soul leaves the body, thank you for sharing!
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Her spirit didn't leave immediately. Two weeks prior to her death she had expressed her concern about my Dad being alone. I promised her that I would take care of him and I have kept that promise. I stay with him every night because he has heart trouble. The night of her funeral, Jan.9, I was sitting on the couch crying as I hard as I could and I felt an icy chill go right through my right hand. It felt like it was being held. Then for about 2 weeks after I could hear walking clearly coming from the upstairs. Sounded like pacing back and forth. It was loud and one night awoke to what sounded like furniture moving upstairs. My daughter who was 4 at the time stayed with me one night and it scared her so much she hasn't stayed since. On a Tues, Feb. 07, it was around 8 in the morning I had just awoke on the couch and above the couch is a high picture window which looks toward the sky. I was laying there looking at the sun reflecting on the branches and thinking "I never noticed how pretty that is." Then it looked like a white mist very feathery was bouncing through the limbs and took off over the house. I thought "What was that? By the time I put my shoes on and go outside it's going to be gone." I was still staring out the window when what I had saw came back. I stood on the couch and witnessed what looked like a woman with shoulder length dark hair clothed in white with a silver band garded around her chest flying like a bird. She looked at me and looked away and faded into the tree line with a bright light. It was the most amazing site I've ever seen. The woman looked just like my mom on her wedding day. I think she was at peace knowing that I was taking care of Dad was able to move on. I will never forget that moment and I'm so blessed that I can share this story with you. So few people believe me. Thanks again for all of your support:)
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
I wasn't told the actual time of death. The coroner said he was sure it was several hours prior because of the blood drainage but couldn't pinpoint a time so he wrote down the time he arrived which was around 2:30. My mom had called my sister around 9:15 after talking to me to tell her the same news. I think she passed between 9:30 and 10 because she made ramen noodles which is quick and simple and she hadn't touched it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
shhh_im_sleeping - having experienced dreams that have foretold future events in my life, I do believe this was a premonition.

The thing that is fluttering about in my mind is whether or not your mom had already passed when she called you. I see SDS also touched on that in a previous comment. I wonder if she reached out to you one last time, just to let you know she was okay.

Thank you for taking time to share your (and your mom's) story with us.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Shhh I'm sleeping;

What a brilliant dream! I think the spirits of the afterlife were trying to let you know that your mother would soon be at peace. And although she had been suffering with stage 4 colon cancer. That her actual passing would be not so hard on her as she thought it would be. And they wanted you to know she would be ok and safe once she passed over.

Sorry for your loss. Loosing a parent is such a heart wrenching time. I know I still miss my dad who died in 2009.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Jeneva (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Me too I kind of feel sorry to you're mom but I hope you are fine and not into crying and I agree to SDS because before I dreamed into the future without me knowing and starting from 2011 I counted my dream seeing through the future at about 43 times I had dreamed through the future but sometimes It takes a long time to come and as I was saying I dreamed that I was reading a korean webtoon that is translated in english and it was darn scary! Because I didn't know there was an animation and I woke up and a few weeks later a friend of mine gave me a link and without knowing about it and ended up reading both stories that I dreamed and I realized that it matched my dream 😭
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
Hello shhh_im_sleeping, sorry for your loss. I want to ask you a question. You said your mom called around 8 in the night on 5th January, 2011. You received the message around 2 a.m. On 6th January, 2011, that your mom passed away and the coroner said that the death could have occurred several hours before. Did they actually mention her time of death. I mean, was it before 8 p.m. On 5th January? Yes, dreams do prepare ourselves for certain events, good or bad, generally bad things to come in near future.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: