You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Spirit Desperate For Attention?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Desperate For Attention?

 

I've always lived in houses that have had some kind of spiritual activity but nothing major. It was usually just little bangs in the middle of the night or the tv turning on when no one was in the room. When my family started building a house in a field we found out that the field behind us was an ancient burial site but we thought nothing of it.

We moved in 8 years ago. Within 1 month of moving in we heard what sounded like 2 men having a conversation in our sitting room at about 1 o'clock. They were speaking very fast but I could tell they were speaking fluent Irish. My father went downstairs with a hurley stick but when he came back up he said there was no one there. We kept hearing them but each time there was no one there.

After about 2 years it escalated. My mum was putting my brother to bed and I was reading in my room. All of a sudden we heard a crash downstairs. We all went to see what happened. At the top of the stairs we could all see. A picture of my brother that was in the sitting room was lying smashed in the hall. After that me and my brother started having nightmares. They were similar. We both dreamt of 2 men and a small child with their faces covered in either my bedroom or the sitting room. The dream would always end, for me, with the child screaming and with my brother, the men taking off their masks off.

Very recently my mum was in the shower, my dad and brother were asleep and I was in my room with my cat playing on my computer. My bed is in the middle of my room and I was sitting at the far side, away from my door. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walking into my room and lying down on the ground at the far side of my bed. The person was short so I assumed it was my brother and told him to get out. There was no response so I gave up and went back to my computer. All of a sudden it went off, even though it was charging and wouldn't turn back on. I got up and went to the far side of my bed to get who I thought was my brother out of my room but when I went to the other side of my bed there was no one there and there was no one under my bed. I got up and went into my brothers bedroom where he was sound sleeping. Whoever it was was too short to be my mum or dad and I was getting a bit scared. I went back into my room to see my cat acting weird and making weird sounds. All of a sudden my cat turned to me and started to scrape at my legs. I ran out and closed my door until my cat stopped making weird noises and when he did I saw he was sound asleep on my laptop.

I was wondering if any of you know what kind of ghost this is or what is going on. I think this ghost wants attention but I'm not sure. Either way its starting to scare me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostfriend98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostfriend98 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Shlain
The masks were just black cloth. I didn't feel that they were harming him but I felt as if they were doing something to him. I'm not sure what though. The whole figure was just a grey colour
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Ghostfriend98,

You mention that they wore masks in your dreams. What kind of masks? Since you hear the child screaming at the end of the dream, do you suspect or feel that these two men are harming the child?

This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the burial ground. It sounds more like a crime that might have taken place in the area and the story replaying.

The figure you saw laying down behind your bed (I take it you saw it out of the corner of your eye), can you remember what kind of clothing it looked like it was wearing? Color for instance? I know it sounds like a silly question, but sometimes people do catch a glimpse of clothing. This entity is clearly proof of an intelligent haunting. Not sure whether it could be part of the two men and child trio.
ghostfriend98 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Thanks MJackson91 I'm just getting worried the spirit will try to do something to one of my family members or me because it feels that its not getting attention.
MJackson91 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
Hello Ghostfriend98,
This is a verry interesting story. My gues is that it does want attention, it doesn't seem to want to hurt you. As far as the picture falling it may just be trying to be noticed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: