You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Unwanted Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Unwanted Ghost

 

This is about recent things that are happening in my flat... I was wondering if anyone could help or give some advice. I have become extremely uncomfortable of late in my home. I live there with my girlfriend and we have done for 14 months.

A week ago I heard somebody walking in the middle of the hall outside our bedroom. I thought it must be down stairs as there is another flat below us. When I say footsteps they were heavy and fast. They stopped for a while and then started again but this time I could feel the floor moving. I became scared but I put a pillow over my head and went back to sleep.

The hallway has a strange feeling. Whenever I go in there I feel as though I am being watched and all the hairs stand up on my head. To the point of I won't look anywhere even though I feel I can see things in the corners of my eyes.

A day later my partner left for work. She starts early in the morning and I woke up because I could hear ripping. When I looked up it was like someone was scraping their nail around the edges of my bed. I could see the indent move and hear the noise. I shouted and told it to go away. It did.

I thought it was nothing to worry about until two days ago. I walked into the kitchen from the hallway and propped the door open. I switched the lights on and our two cats were sitting in the living room. All of a sudden every electrical appliance went off and a huge blast of cold air hit me from behind and shut the door from the kitchen to the hall.

I was terrified and ran into my bedroom and shut the door. After a while I built up the courage to go in to the hall again which is where the fuse box is. I looked and every single switch including the unused ones were all set to off.

I switched it all back on and went into the kitchen again this time closing the door. Everything was fine until one of my cats started hiss and making the most awful noise, all the time looking at the door behind me into the hall. He ran around the room, making this noise, in circles and under the sofa and then he stopped.

At this point I felt terrified so I got dressed and left to go to work on my day off. All of the above had me shaking and close to tears.

Then this morning something happened again. I was in the bathroom shaving with the door slightly open and I fell like someone was watching me. I turned, then a black mass or shadow walked directly past the door in front of me. I pulled the door shut scared and then built up the courage to run to my bedroom. I ran in and woke my girlfriend up shaking was so scared.

So I thought I would write this and ask what to do. I can't bear being in the flat. I feel like a sense of dread when I am and when I leave I feel happy again.

It seems to be focusing everything on me and I don't know why.

I have grown up in a haunted house. I have photos of a ghost holding my hand when I was younger but I have never felt like this. I'm 6ft and don't scare easily. I need some advice or help because I feel like its getting worse.

Hope to hear from you soon anyone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tedrub, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Hi Tedrub, I would like to know how you are doing now after the cleansing of your home. Trix. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
Tedrub,

Here you go...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
Hello Tedrub, those were really scary experiences. But, I think you should be courageous. You are right in asking the cleansing method of Rook. It is available in this site elsewhere. That would definitely ward off the negative energies. I want to know whether the footsteps you heard in the hallway is a recurring event or you heard it only once. Please also tell us whether you hear the footsteps sound regularly at one particular time of the day or night. If that is so, then it could be residual otherwise it could be different. But be brave and do not appear to be scared. It could embolden the negative entities. It is a good thing that you said you have taken charge and trying to remain calm. That is a very good development.

Keep us posted of any further experiences or encounters. Try the cleansing method.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Tedrub (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Thank you very much trix. Rook I would like the cleansing if possible I have started to take charge and set ground rules I feel calmer in the hall but stiill a bit on edge. Also I have found out the unit of measurement is milligauses so any numbers shown are in milligauses.
What do you think?
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Hi Tedrub, I feel sorry for you because of being trapped in such an environment at night where you have to sleep. A home should be home sweet home and not home scary home.

I agree with Rook with the readings, and the thing is that it's not going to get rid of whatever is bothering you by taking readings. It's only going to proof that there is something going on. You already know there is something and it's having a negative outcome on your life and wellbeing at this moment.

You have to try and calm down with the fear. I know it is easier said than done, but remember it feeds on fear and you can make it worse with your fear. Whatever this is do actually obey your commands because you told it to go away and it stopped when you told it to remember. Try to put down some ground rules and see what happens. It tried to get your attention and it did. I don't think this thing is out for it to hurt you because it could have already and it didn't.

What works for me is the fact that I would say out loud but calm and respectful how I feel, like for instance:"please leave my dog alone now and get your own bed"-this sounds strange but there was a ghost who bothered my dog. Then everything will settle down to normal again. I will also just ignore things sometimes like they don't even exist-then it stops. I really do hope you will find a way to help yourself solving your problem my friend. Everyone can give advice but on the end of the day you are the one who has to take charge. Take care. Trix.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Tedrub,

I'm not sure I understand the numbers from your EMF readings... If the numbers are truly in the Hundreds range then there are some major 'issues' with the wiring and possibly other things in your home. Let me expalin...

"Most all EMF meters are calibrated for use in the 50Hz or 60Hz bands. Please note that most of these EMF meters in the electric and magnetic field settings are frequency weighted from 30Hz to about 500Hz. This means that a 2mG (milligauss) magnetic field at 60Hz will display a value of about "2" on the meter, while a 2mG (milligauss) at 120 Hz will read a "4". These EMF meters typically give a flat response of +/- 20% over 1000Hz and as the EM Field frequency increases the sensitivity decreases. Also keep in mind that most all EMF meters on the market are AC type EM detectors. AC stands for Alternating Current and means that the EMF meter is sensitive to changing magnetic fields above 0 Hertz." (taken from http://www.munroe-falls-paranormal-society.com/documents/public/EMF%20Meters%20-%20A%20Practical%20Guide%20to%20using%20an%20EMF%20Meter.pdf)

The 'short' version is that on the 'ghost hunter' shows we hear them talk about the EMF readings and they mention numbers like. 3 milligauss... And they will say that's either 'low' or 'with in the normal range'. So if. 3 is 'normal' then numbers like you have picked up on your meter actually average 720... I hae to ask 720 what? Milligauss? What I'm trying to ask is this... What unit of measure are you taking your readings in?

Even if you are actually reading. 720 milligauss that reading may be high enough that over time you have begun to suffer 'EMF Sensitivity'. There are ways to shield the wires in your home that will help with the amount of EMF in the environment.

Thank you for the update, I did reply to your e-mail and feel free to ask any questions you may have, either here or via e-mail (be warned I may answer you here on site if I think the answer is not personal in nature and may help others 😉).

Respectfully,

Rook
Tedrub (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Hi everyone
I wanted to apologise about the spelling I was at work and had to do it a on the sly.
Also I had forgotten that I had posted the shadow in the bathroom so just to conform this has only happened once.
If anyone wants to hear the recording to see what they think that would be great!
Also I have just conducted an emf reading all over the flat all areas had an average of 720 apart from the bedroom which had a lower 345.
The odd thing is I went back in the livibg room where I started and the level went from 720 to 310, this was directly after coming out from the hall where everything seems to happen.
Rook am I stupid for being scared about the clensing? I just don't want things to be worse.
Tedrub (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Hi guys
Thabks for the recent posts I have been reading that its a good idea to acknowlege the spirt so I tried this.
Yesterday morning I was shaving the door in the bathroom leads on to the hall and it was slightly open.
Something felt like it was in the hall watching me and the biggest shadow blocked of the light from the hall for split second and the came back again.
It all seems to be in the early hours of the morning. I don't know if I mentioned my house was built the early 1800 and I'm on the top floor. I'm trying to see iwhat the house was to see who might have lived up there.
I feel stupid because I'm genuinely terrified to open th dorr into the hall. I would love to try the cleansing but I'm a bit scared I will just make it angry.
This morning I saw what looked like purple pain spioled on the wall in a circle and then it wasn't there.
The best and most recent news is that I was walkibg up to my flat and I switched my music off on my phone but it started recording without my knolege. My girlfriend was standibg in the doorway in the hall and she said hello in a stupid way and made fun of her and copied her. On playing the sound back this morning just before my foodsteeps can be heard on the wooden floor you hear what sounds like hell...o! It may just be my mind playing trick but it sounded just like it.
Even the my partner agreed and she doesn't believe in anything like this.
Thanks again guys!
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Hi Tedrub, Oh my goodness... Going to work on your off day just to get away from your own home is in fact not pleasant at all.
At first you can take control and stand up tall and put down some ground rules without disrespecting whatever it might be. It seemed to obey when you told it to go away.
I would definitely recommend Rooks' cleansing. I do the cleansing every 3 to 4 months with a blessing and I can out of experience tell you it works for me and my family as well as for my animals. Animals are usually the first to pick up when something is wrong. I go absolutely on my animals' behavior-when they react strange I know it's time to react from my part as well to fix things. Just remember that a house cleansing don't chase out good spirits at all. The house cleansing gets rid of all negative bad energy and that is what we all need on the end of the day. Take care. Trix. Oh and for the record-I think all of us would love to see that picture of you and the ghost holding your hand.
😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Tedrub,

I'll post that Cleansing/Shielding Method if you request it. I'd like to suggest a couple of things first.

Start a Journal and record all the 'odd' events that occur in your home. Keep track of who they happen to, what they were, Time of day...weather...anything you can think of.

This helps when attempting to figure out just 'why' and what an event was.

The footsteps in your hallway... This could be a residual haunt... A recording of something a former resident did over and over and over again. It was such a regular event that it 'imprinted' onto the environment and when conditions are right it 'plays back'.

I also suggest you check your home for high levels of Electromagnetic Frequencies (EMF). There are two reasons for this...

One: High EMF can cause individuals to feels as if they are being watched... Nervous feelings... Nausea and possible hallucinations are all possible effects of High EMF to individuals who are sensitive to them.

Two: High levels of EMF may actually 'fuel' a true haunting. A Spirit/Entity needs energy to help it manifest and any 'hot spots' in a home will give a Spirit/Entity a source of energy to use, which will allow it to Manifest easier.

MsWrestlersGhost mentioned what 'Spirits' may be in your home and some good ways to 'take control' of your environment... (Thanks for the 'nod' 😁)

The First real step is to determine if they are really there and NOT something caused by EMF sensitivity. A Journal of 'events' can help with this.

The Cleansing Method is your for the asking, I'd be happy to post it for you. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-15)
Tedrub:
Sounds like you have a couple of feisty ghosts and a shadow spirit in your house.
If your worried there is a great poster on here called rookydgin who has a fantastic cleansing spell which you could try out... I know they work well I have had to use them in people who have asked me for my help with my abilites... Being that I am a Medium and Psychic. Cleansing your flat would most likely help cleanse your home of the spirits that worry you so much...

You could also mix rock salt and white vinagar in bowls and put a bowl of this mix in each room of your flat and keep your bowls there until the salt and vingar mix dries up... This will help clear the flat up. And try burning a smudge stick and some sage. These too I know from experience will help.

Also if your a religious person praying to God (or Allah or whomever you believe in) and ask for his or their help to remove the entities from your house that you don't want there... Also demanding the spirits leave in the name of God and his son Jesus Christ will work wonderfully too. *NO I AM NOT PUSHING RELIGON PEOPLE BEFORE YOU ABUSE ME*.

Good luck and I hope you get your problems worked out in the way you feel much happier where you are. So you can live in your flat happily with your girlfriend.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: