You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voice Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

Voice Doppelganger

 

Since this is the first story that I'll be submitting, I will give an account of my earliest memory of the unknown.

I was 6 years old that time and there were many kids of my age in our neighborhood. The adults used to tell us not to go out late at night, especially at midnight because ghosts are roaming around our street. Young as we were, of course, we believed them (as I grow up, I realized they were just trying to keep us from staying out late).

Then my friend, Rica (not her real name), and I decided to become adventurous and dared each other to go out the street at midnight so we made a plan. I will leave our gate open so that she can pick me up by letting herself in and calling me by our bedroom window (I was sleeping with my parents), and we will do the ghost hunt.

Guess what? I didn't bother waiting for Rica to come and I slept the night away. Not that I wanted to stand her up, it's just that I knew deep inside that it was just a bogus plan and we are just kids with false bravado.

In the middle of that night, for some reason I suddenly woke up. Convinced that Rica would not have the guts to come for me to proceed with our scheme, I sat up on the bed with the window at my back and waited for sleepiness to come instead.

After a few minutes in that position, I heard Rica's voice right behind me (where the window is). She was calling, "Anne, halika lumabas ka na... Anne halika na..." (Anne, come out now... Anne, let's go...). It was my friend's voice but I know that it could not really be her. I got very scared so I quickly laid down in bed, covered myself with blanket and tightly shut my eyes while covering my ears until I fell asleep.

The next morning when I saw Rica, I asked her right away if by any chance she did drop by our house that night. As I expected, she said that she did not.

I know I wasn't dreaming because up until now (decades after) I can still remember that incident vividly and I won't ever forget about it because that is the closest encounter I had.

Other hauntings by daunsntein

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, daunsntein, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Butterfly_Kisses (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Thanks for sharing your story daunsntein. An entity that can emulate your friends voice? That is indeed intriguing. It's a good thing it didn't fool you, and you stayed in bed.

By the way, I also have several memories of when I was very young. In fact, my earliest memory is when I was 1 year old!
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
Oh Wow! That is Scary... And I also can remember things that happened when I was a young child...
daunsntein (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
MsWrestlersGhost:Thank you for your comment:) I was totally freaked out but I guess sleep saved me from the horror:)
And yes, there really are things you won't forget despite of how young you were when it happened...
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Daunsntein:
Oh man, a ghost/spirit/doppleganger copying your friend Rica's voice at that time of night... I would be freaked out myself. Especially at that young age and after the tales your parents told you about ghosts roaming the streets after midnight. If I was you, I probably wouldn't have slept much for the rest of the night.

Alot of kids have good memories from a very young age. My first memory was from when I was 3yrs old and I was in our backyard with my two older brothers and playing with our dog Lassie. I remember it like it was yesterday... And I'm 37 years old now.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
daunsntein (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
bizzjoe:you might be surprised to know that my earliest memory is when I was 3 years old:)
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
when I was 6 years old, I didn't even know I was alive, I was asleep a 8 in the evening & didn't get up until I was thrown out of the bed by my mother...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: