You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things In My House 2

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things In My House 2

 

I live in Waterloo, Ontario now and this semi-townhouse is kind of freaky. My one son sleeps in basement, and he has been experiencing things down there.

One night he was playing video games and he had a plate sitting on top of his TV. The plate flew off of the TV, flew over the TV stand and smashed on the floor right in front of him. This freaked him out cause it's not like it just dropped on the floor. It flew over the TV stand.

He claims every time he goes downstairs he feels sick while he is heading down. The other day I woke my oldest son up at 6am to get ready for school. I heard him in the shower, then as I was lying on the couch I heard walking and weird thumping going on in his room.

Our dogs bark and jump at the walls at nothing. My daughter one night woke up to the sound of someone walking around so she got up and no one was up. She was a lil freaked out.

So, I just bought off of ebay a 1972 vintage Ouija board, which I should be getting it around Jan. 22 or 28th. I will let you guys know how that goes.

Also, my mom killed herself on June 27, 2011. That's another reason why I got the Ouija board. I want to try and contact her as well. I have used other Ouija boards in the past and they never worked. So I am hoping with this vintage 1972 one I will have better luck.

I do understand everyone is going to have their own judgements on me buying a Ouija board. Trust me, I have been getting lots of people telling me on facebook that I should not do this and not buy it. But I am anyways and I am so into this kind of stuff. I like having experiences and hearing stuff that's unexplained.

Thanks for reading my story... Sarah

Other hauntings by Sarah1978

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sarah1978, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Wiz (23 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Hey all

Interesting story I hope you get to the bottom of things by whatever means you want to try. I know Ouija boards are frowned on by some, however, I can honestly say that I have used them many, many times with various people, freinds and family, and have never had a single bad experience. In fact its what led me to my interest in the paranormal in the first place. I have found things from the Ouija about past generations of my wifes family (names, dates etc) which she didn't even know! I have even spoken to my brothers guardian to the point we were laughing at his hair! I have no doubt whatsoever that these things, when used properly and respectfully, can yeild amazing and emotional results. I will post my expeiences soon. Good luck OP whatever you decide to do I hope you find the answers you seek.

Wiz
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
Hotrod - while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, not everyone feels the same. To some people, who take the Board seriously, it is not a game or to be taken lightly.

They communicate using the Ouija Board, and do it safely. I'm certain they don't consider it to be unimaginative or boring, let alone inaccurate or a chance at opening an evil psychic portal.
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I feel the need to comment _the board is for the un imaginative and the bored, not to mention its totally inaccurate.Too.Go ahead by allmeans, you may open an evil psychic portal.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I agree to Sherlogic. Let me tell you Sarah, that many a times, I also have this extremely tempting feeling to try and experiment with it. But at the end, I have to tell myself the words- "No.Shan't take the risk". So remember that when you use it, whether they 'work' for you or not, you are always at a 'Risk'. A Risk of opening up the portal to the 'unknown' spirit/spirits.Most cases of people using Ouija Board that I have known (over this site and other sources too), the 'results' are horrible and bitter. There are people also who the rest of their lifetime have actually 'Regretted' the use of it- no matter whether they used it accidentally or intentionally. Of course, you have the freedom to decide. But please, I would tell you- Be Safe.
TessaTeddyBear1998 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
i would follow rook's advice it sounds pretty sound. I probably will never use an Ouija Board but if I will I will follow his/her advice
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Sarah,

Just remember one thing: You may succeed in communicating with an entity that pretends to be your deceased mother. It can know things that you think only your mother will be able to know. It's nearly the same as the false premise that if you lay quietly in bed and pretend you don't hear/feel an entity it will think you don't hear/feel it. They know exactly what's going on and what to use against you. Once the door's open it could be difficult to close.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
I tried a ouija board twice in my life. Once as a young teenager, once as an adult. Neither time worked out for me. Nothing happened. Probably because I didn't believe enough. People are going to do what they want to do. If you have something in your head to do, you will do it regardless. I hope you have a good experience, or no experience at all. Please use upmost caution, and be careful. And please use Rook's suggestions. Very sound advise. Let us know how it went.
Aproxyte (10 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-18)
You have a SON and as a mother who should be protecting her child you are opening doors for him to be susceptible to harm! I lost my father to cancer last year and sure as hell would love to hear from him again or better still have him alive again but he's gone! The pain and hurt is still here! But even I know it is foolish to tempt the unknown when I have a precious soul to protect! I don't normally judge but I've seen the other side and know all too well that hell and demons are no laughing matter...please...if you still selfishly want to do it, for the love of your son, make sure he is not around because as EVERY ouija story's ending will be, you will be followed and tormented by the unwanted.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-18)
Hello Sarah1978, well all other posters have already commented on Ouija Board. It is better that you don't use it. Another thing I would like to tell you is that don't use Ouija Board alone. It is pretty dangerous. And if you house is already having some kind of activity then why you risk using the Board. It not only could cause harm to you but also to your children. But, if you still insist on using the Board, please follow the precautions and advise given by Rook. Also, when you use the Board, do not ask the spirits to perform any physical activity like touching something or moving any objects. That would embolden the spirits to come into our realm.

Another suggestion would that not to invite your mother to talk through Ouija Board. Generally, even through the medium, people are hesitant to call spirits of persons, who died unnatural deaths or those who committed suicides. So be careful.

Even in the end, I would like to advise you not to use the Ouija Board as it would further enhance the activities in your house, which may lead in a detrimental way.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
im sure the 1972 ouija board will work ok... They certainly go back a lot further then 1972, but still, I believe 1972 was a good year for good quality ouija boards... But they don't make them like that anymore... Good luck with it & look after it...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
Sarah,

You seem very determined to use this form of communication. So by all means carry on, but please take some precautions as this form of communication can lead to 'unwanted' outcomes. I going to suggest a few things that may help you...

1st: Ouija is NOT a GAME! Do not treat it as such, nor sit down to use one with an individual who treats it that way. Likewise do not use it with anyone who deliberately wishes to contact 'a demon' or any negative type entity.

2nd: Clear the Board, this can be done any number of ways. Some people repeatedly move the planchette (pointer) back and forth between the yes and the no until it 'feels clean'. I personally have a 1x1 (1 foot by 1 foot) Silver Silk Handkerchief that I use to wipe of the board. As I do so I concentrate my thoughts on 'wiping' the board clean of any negative energies that may be attached to it. I then exit the room and shake the handkerchief off outside the house.

3rd: (Applies only if using candles) Place 2 or 4 candles (or more in EVEN number increments) around the board. Color's represent different things, choose ones that represent Purity, Protection, Safety...ect.

(Here are some good options: Light Blue: Harmony in the Home, Healing, Psychic Awareness and Safe Journey. Brown: Earth, Concentration, Overcoming Uncertainty, Steadiness. White: Grounding, Protection, Purification, Purity, Spirituality.

(Here is a good link for more...http://www.wiccan-world.com/reference_a_c/candles/candle_colors_meanings.html)

Point is choose colors that will help draw in positive energy / protect you as you use the board.

4th: Cleans and Shield yourself and the others using the board with you. NEVER USE THE BOARD ALONE!

5th: Open the session with a 'Blessing or Prayer' for Protection (Blessing for you Wiccan / Non-Christian Types and a Prayer for the Christians who wish to 'tempt fate').

6th: BE RESPECTFUL of any Spirits you may contact. Do not treat them as a 'know it all' answering machine... Ask them their name, ask them their age... Keep in mind that if a spirit says they are 8/9/10 years old that is how long they have been separated from their physical body... Not the age when they crossed over. Ask them how old they were when they crossed over. If answered this will let you know if you are communicating with an adult/teen/child. After 'getting to know' whom you've contacted then begin asking your questions... Again do not 'play around' and ask silly questions, be respectful and serious. Do not let the Board 'tell you things' without asking any questions... There is a good chance this is a Malevolent Spirit trying to show off (See Step 7).

7th: Close the Board. When you are done, or you feel something 'negative' may have made contact with you tell the spirit Goodbye and move the planchette (pointer) to the word Goodbye. You my feel a 'good spirit' moving it that way anyway... Resistance is an indication of something not so nice attempting to communicate. Once the session is closed again 'Clear the Board' again with however you have decided to 'Clear' your board.

8th: DO NOT USE THE BOARD ALL THE TIME... Even with all these precautions we are HUMAN and can be mislead or make a mistake. Again this is not a 'PARTY GAME' nor a way to 'SHOW OFF' to your friends.

Please ask any questions you may have as these are very basic 'rules'. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Sarah1978:
For you and your son's sake please don't use the Ouija Board. Antique or not (Antique means 100 years and or more. 70's dosent make it antique unless its 1870's) an older board doesn't mean it is better or safer to use. Using a Ouija board is like playing Russian Roulette. Please don't for the safty of your child use it.
If you want to contact your late mother try talking to a Medium like myself or others... (No I am not offering to do it.) ... Just saying there are much safer ways. And as you already have problems in your home. Ouija boards will only make it worse.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Sarah: In addition to what Sherlogic has said, I would like to echo ladydarke from your previous story... If you're determined to use the board, find someone who is experienced with it to perform with... 😊
Sherlogic (2 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Since you have had warnings already about the board, and are ignoring them. I will just say this. Be very careful how you use it. If spirits are throwing things or at lest willing to, and the dogs are acting in such a way. I would take it as a warning. To you, using a Ouija board may be like saying, "Please, Show yourself I want to see you".

But as a sensitive, it's telling them "Keep throwing things, Attack my children, Attack my dogs. We like what your doing, give us more."

It's basically telling them that they have freedom, and they can become very powerful in that if you let them.

Be Very Careful, It's not just you that's in the line of fire!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: