You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Tenants

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Tenants

 

This story takes place in a different residence than my other story. I live with my wife and three 3 kids. I have a 1 year old daughter, a 6 year old son and a 7 year old daughter, all who have had encounters with spirits. This will mostly be in regards to my son but there will be some things that touch on the girls as well.

This story starts about 2 years ago. My son, who has a wild imagination, had come to us many times speaking of an odd dressed younger boy. This boy, as he describes him, is about his age and dressed in old looking clothes. My wife and I, who both believe in the paranormal, chalked it up as his imagination the first few times but as he continued to talk of this boy, who he told us would not tell my son his name, we started thinking it may be less his imagination and more reality.

My wife told me one night after work, I don't get home until midnight, she had seen a boy about my son's age dressed in 50s clothes standing next to her as she did the dishes. I sort of brushed it off as my son had her all worked up with talk of the boy, and after eating we went up to bed.

The next morning I came out of the bedroom around 7:30 am and saw what I thought, at first, was my son but quickly realized that it was not. I realized it was the boy he had been telling us about and as quickly as I saw him he was gone. My son talked many times about playing cars and Legos with his "friend", as he called him, and seemed to enjoy his company. This was all that had happened up to this point and I need to skip ahead almost a year as everything was going okay.

About a year later, my youngest daughter was born. One night while again leaving my room, this time to go make her a bottle as she started to fuss because she was hungry, I heard something but couldn't put my finger on it. I went down, made the bottle and on my way upstairs it clicked what I heard. My daughter had stopped crying and I could hear what sounded like an older lady, maybe 70s, singing "Hush little baby" but as I reached the top I heard nothing. I made the comment as I entered the room, "That was really weird" and my wife's reply was, "What that sound of the old woman singing or something?" This kind of unnerved me as there was ghost hanging around my newborn daughter, but we never had any issues and that was the only thing that happened for awhile with my daughter.

About 6 months or so later my son began rearranging his room when he went to bed and it was really annoying redoing it everyday as he would move his bed halfway across the room to the closet door. My wife and I asked him one day why he was doing this and his reply was, "There is a boy living in my closet and I'm scared of him." We asked him if it was the same boy and he said no.

Just two nights ago I walked out of my room around 2:30 am to go downstairs and I saw what I thought was my daughter at the bottom of the stairs. I said, "Go to bed. It's not time to get up" but she stood there. I looked closer as the stairs weren't well-lit and saw a girl around 9 years old standing at the foot of the stairs. She had black hair just past her shoulders and had her right hand covering the right side of her face as if hiding, and what I could see of the left side looked terrified. She looked up the stairs at me then raised he left hand and appeared to be pointing over my shoulder. I won't lie I just ran as fast as I could downstairs, at least I knew what was in front of me lol. I turned around at the bottom and saw nothing and she disappeared before I got down.

Pictures have left the wall at the top of the stairs and gone airborne about 20 ft to the bottom as we walk by. I would appreciate everyone's opinion on this situation. I have decided to try Rook's cleansing method, but everything else we have tried only helps for a short period.

I have been told we have 5 spirits in the house and one is of concern who has been following my wife since she was a child. That was before the little girl I just saw. This seems to be growing and we see more and more spirits and have more and more things happen.

Other hauntings by newhunter30

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, newhunter30, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
No problem I keep forgetting how to astral project when I have sleep paralysis. I think astral projection is real since I do not know much about it. I seen it in the movie insidious my dad is a smart but even he said it could be possible.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Dark thank you for the clarification, I personally believe that death is not escapable. There may be times that peoples spirits linger around for a period of time but eventually it will move on to wherever it is destined to be. The reason for this to happen can vary from case to case but I feel it is always do to "unfinished business". The business can range from one end of the spectrum to the other but I feel that is the reason they hang around.
I have not done much studying on OBE's so in that aspect I can not give you to much information. I feel that it would be similiar to be being intoxicated, some people remember everything and some people remember nothing.
This is all just my personal opinion and how I feel.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
What I mean if ghost are real then death can be escapable. Like I said you can't just get old and die there's always reason but we just can't always find a cause. Like maybe obe sometimes we don't know about. Some people say they have out of body that they remembered everything and they even saw people helping them when out of body and they described some were puzzled about it I think.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Dark I feel you mixing 2 different situations here, OBE's and near death experiences. You can have an OBE in a near death experience but just because you have an OBE does not mean you had a near death experience. I believe that when you have an OBE that yes you can read signs, papers, whatever. When it comes to near death experience I'm not sure to be honest.
Your comment "I don't really believe in death" confuses me because yes there is a cause to death as you stated but I'm not sure what you mean by you don't believe in it, I may have missed a comment or something and that could be why I'm lost here. I would appreciate it if you could clarify what exactly you mean.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
I know I will get different answers I don't get it either it could be possible. But I don't know I don't really believe in death. I think there's always a cause for death you can't die without a cause. Sorry for putting this up I just want opinion of what they had like did they see real things with their obe like read a sign and it was there whem they woke up that's a near death experience?
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
No no. Takes a lot more that to offend me and I get the impression you are not an offensive person at all:)
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Rosemary I did not mean to imply that all witches are the same, as with any belief there are people that are good and then there are people that twist it to their own wants. I hope that I did not offend you.
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
To worry or not is entirely up to you and your family. If you refuse to allow it to affect you, it won't. If you believe it will affect you, it will. Even if only in your mind. Obviously, finding out the intention is not an option now she has passed. In my practice, a dead critter wrapped in cloth would simply mean I couldn't give it a proper burial at the time and had to do something with it. That is one thing nonwitchy folks most always forget. Not all Witches are alike, just as not all Christians are alike. Whatever path is being followed, the follower will put their own spin on it.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Rosemary-I can not really find out if she did anything as she passed away 2 weeks ago, I do not know if it was anything that was done by her and/or her kids, but maybe 3 or 4 months back my wife and I found a dead bird wrapped up in some fabric near our backyard dividing fence. You would probably have a better idea than I if it is anything we should have been concerend of.
rosemay (52 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
As a Witch, I want to point out that not all witches practice ethics or even common courtesy. IF, your witchy neighbor did something intentional, try to find out what and go from there. Magic practitioner's tend to attract spirits no matter what, so it could simply be the attraction. Personally, my house has ground rules for spirit visitors. Behave nicely. Stay out of the shower when in use. Do not scare the livuns. Mess with my kids I will banish you into oblivion lol
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Sorry I didn't respond early but I was without a computer this weekend.

Rook-The only cause I could come up with would be my youngest daughter although she turns 2 next month and that seems like quite awhile after (minus the old lady) for it to start happening.

Shlain-My son has not mentioned this entity in a few months but he does continue to move his bed so I am assuming that it still is an issue. Closets don't bother me to much but in the last few years I have had issue with the dark, this may sound weird but I'm not afraid of the dark but what may be in it. I always have to have a tv on to go to sleep due to all the noises, thank god for sleep timers.

Seraphina-We have done nothing in the house to open a portal so I know we didn't do that, but we live in a duplex and the neighbor was a practing witch so I don't know if anything may have happened over there.

Granny-I would agree that a portal is not the only possible answer.

I hope the answers I gave are the ones needed lol any more questions just ask.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Seraphina: I don't think it's the only explanation... There are people who are natural beacons for spirits...Or, the spirits are already there but for whatever reason remain in the back ground, possibly because they feel they can't or shouldn't make themselves known... 😊
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
This brings up a question I've wondered about. There are so many stories in which the number of spirits seems to increase over time. "Opening a portal" is a common explanation. Is that always the right explanation, or are there other possible reasons?
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
newhunter30,

What is it with spirits and closets?! Out of all the haunting places you get (graveyards, hospitals, rooms, basements), CLOSETS creep me out the most.

Is your son still having problems with this entity in his closet? If so it's time to set rules down. If you prefer do the cleansing. It's one thing to have a spirit as an imaginary friend, but another when an entity - be it child or not - is causing fear and unhappiness.

The old woman seems harmless enough. If you and your wife is not too bothered by her I say let her be.

By the way, were you brave enough to look back up the stairs once you reached the bottom thanks to the little girl pointing behind you?

Thanks for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-18)
newhunter,

In the case of newborns or children up to the age of 6-7 years old I may have not been clear. It may be less of a case of the 'energy' they 'generate' and more about the fact that they except what they see... Or that they are able to 'see' the spirits at all. The fact that they accept 'them' allows the spirit to interact more easily.

As far as the Cleansing and Shielding goes... Unless the 'root' cause of things is determined the method used (which ever that is) may have to be preformed every two or three days. Once the 'root' cause is determined, and any necessary changes made then the 'atmosphere' will clear/change and the 'cycle' will be 'broken' and any negative energies/entities/spirits will fade away.

Please keep us updated and fell free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
Thank you for putting the cleansing method up Rook and I am aware of the increase in activity in the age of puberty but I have not heard to much of an increase around the age 1,6,and 7 although I by no means am an expert. I have been doing shielding although slightly different method but the same idea. I do know that cleansings need redone but the other methods I have tried have only lasted about one or two months.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
newhunter,

The energy children 'generate' as they grow could very well 'supply' a Spirit/Entity. Poltergeist seem to thrive on the energy of Pre-Teens/Teenagers as they go through Puberty so this 'idea' is possible.

You mentioned other methods you have tried, and that they only worked for a 'short' time. Even my Method has a 'life span'...the more Negative Energy in the Environment the more often the Cleansing/Blessing/Shielding needs to be preformed.

I myself Cleans/Shield my own Home and Family (using my method 😁) every 6 months.

Just so you do not have to look for it, here is the Method I recommend...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: