You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: New City, New Start

Real Ghost Stories

New City, New Start

 

I'm a small town girl, and in September I moved to the city for school. I wasn't able to get into the dorm so I needed to get an apartment. It was nearing the first day of school and I was desperate to find something, and miraculously an ad appeared on the school's website for a room to rent in a basement apartment. Scared of missing out on the opportunity, I took it.

For the first few weeks everything was great. I was loving the city (...okay, maybe not the bus system) and I was getting comfortable in my new home. But one night I was woken up at about three in the morning by strange noises. My bedroom is right next to the bathroom, so I assumed it was just the pipes or one of my roommates using the bathroom, so I didn't think much of it.

A few days afterwards, I was in the shower with my eyes closed and I noticed the light flicker. I opened my eyes and right in front of me was a dark figure. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again it was gone. Incidents like this still happen, but they're not what scare me.

A couple of weeks ago I had a nightmare. I was lying in bed and a woman (who looked similar to the 'Woman in Black', for those who have seen the movie) pulled me off of my bed, under my desk, and came so close to me our eyes were about an inch apart, and then I woke up.

Since then I've been having more dreams. I'll be lying in bed, and everything will be exactly as it is in real life, except for things are happening. I never see a full figure, just a hand reaching up from under my bed. Sometimes it'll be harmless, like brushing my hair from my face. But other nights it'll be holding onto my leg very tightly, and when I wake up there's a bruise.

What I've noticed throughout all of this is that every time something happens, my closet door is pushed open slightly.

I guess I'm posting this because I'm wondering if maybe I'm just imagining all of this? Like, maybe it's all in my head and things only happen because I think they're going to, so they do... If that makes sense. What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KianaKaitlyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Dreams and nightmares are avenues for our personal spirit to wander. Are your nightmares/dreams lucid? Spirits visit us and interact with us there as well.
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Believe in yourself and have faith in yourself (as well as your religion if you have one).

As batVkitty said it may be sleep paralysis but i'm leaning a bit away from that as you did say they were nightmares (And normally you should trust what you feel and your instincts).
BatVkitty also mentioned that it could just be your mind running wild which makes a little more sense especially if you've only recently moved a fair distance from your home town and family/friends.

It may be your mind playing tricks on you because subconsciously it can't stop thinking about home...

Do you have visits from family or call frequently?
That may help subside the nightmares of you being "Snatched away from this dark force".

Though has anything else happened other than the shower incident?
That happened while you were awake so I wouldn't rule the haunting out just yet...

As scary as it seems try to rationalize things and debunk them, and seek advice which you are doing now - and I thank you!

If anything else happens please let us know and also i'm sure you will have Granny, Rook and the gang who will see this shortly and provide you with more of their excellent advice/opinions 😊

All the best and I hope it's just home sickness and not something trying to scare you or play tricks 😊
batVkitty (11 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
Well not to scare you or anything, but I think there might be spirits in your new house. I have a boyfriend who sees these spirits and he has waken up recently these weeks at 3:33 am and he would also hear noises but he says that he saw a demon. Weird things happen to him. You might be having a sleep paralysis if you feel like you can not move or scream during this moment but you would see someone or hear something clearly like if you were living it in real life but its just a nightmare. It's just that your body is asleep but part of your brain is awake. I would suggest to pray and truly have faith in God because it will make things much more easier.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: