You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghosts Of My First Home... And One Who Saved My Life

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghosts Of My First Home... And One Who Saved My Life

 

I was born in England on the 17th January, 1976, at 4am. My parents were my now late Dad, French-born Francois, who was a Policeman and retired decorated Captain of the French Air Force and a good pilot. And my wonderful Mum American-born Annalissa, who had trained as a hairdresser and worked then as that and a photographer for a local newspaper. I have 2 older brothers, 1 younger, and a younger set of twin sisters who are identical (read my profile for more).

I was born in London and we moved to a nearly 120 year old home near King's Lynn when I was nearly 2 mths old. It was a beautiful old house with a massive back yard and a chicken shed. (We kept chickens for eggs). We soon acquired a dog, a Collie x Labrador called Lassie who was amazingly sweet and gentle, she loved us kids, and two cats: Mizz who was a female Tortie and Flax who was a male Ginger. Both whom put up with us kids quite well considering there were so many of us always wanting to play with them. I miss them all so much now.

The house was on a quiet lane that ended in a farmer's paddocks. There was plenty of other kids to play with and lots of space to run around and play games. It was kid heaven.

It wasn't until we had lived there for nearly 2 mths when my parents realised they and us three kids at the time were not alone in the house. And the first time they noticed anything was when a ghost saved my life.

My mother had put me down for a morning nap about 10am and had gone across the hall from my bedroom I had to myself, being the only girl, (my two brothers shared a room) to go and have a shower. This is what she told me later on as I was too young then to remember what happened. And the story is used with her permission.

My mother was in the shower washing her hair, etc with the bathroom door open just a crack so she could hear me if I cried out or whatever. She was just about finished when she heard what sounded like doors up and down the hall slamming open and shut then open and shut again. Then a voice, she said, sounded like a older woman say to her, "Check on the baby, please. Go now!" She got startled as she was not only the only person at home at the time (my brothers were at our neighbours playing) and dad was at work 5 miles away... And there was no old lady in the house that day who was living anyway.

Scared something bad had happened, with the doors slamming and the voice (my mum has had ghost experiences all her life too being half Sioux, she is spiritually sensitive as all her family are), she ran out in the hall to see all the room doors wide open when she had left all but my room door shut tight when she went to the shower. My door was creaking back and forth a bit on its hinges by itself. And she knew something was trying to tell her something was wrong.

As she was running across the hall and into my room to my cot, she heard the voice again say, "Check the baby, quick now." She ran across to my cot and looked down.

To her horror I had somehow got my head caught between the mattress and the solid side of the cot. If she had waited even a few seconds longer, I would have suffocated as my nose and mouth were pressed hard up against the side of the cot and I couldn't breath. After screaming, she grabbed me and moving the mattress up and sideways a bit managed to get me out.

She called dad at work and he rushed home. They took me to the hospital nearby and after being checked over by two childhood doctors, I spent the night in hospital and came home with a clean bill of health the next morning.

My mother told me and still believes to this day that a spirit in the house saved my life by warning her that I was trapped as there was no way I could have freed myself. Needless to say I was ok and the cot was quickly replaced. I never had another problem like that again.

As I got older though my mother told me about other ghosts around that house. Some I remember. Some I don't. I was 4 years old when we moved to France (more stories on those homes to come). Here are some of the ghosts we encountered in that King's Lynn House:

* A little boy dressed in clothes from about 1890, playing with a small ball in the backyard. My brothers swear he would always try to play with them when they'd be out there. Never said anything but looked really sad all the time, and was often seen with tears on his eyes and on his cheeks.

* A black and white cat we named Punk cause of the spikey hair on top of its head. You would see it looking like it was sleeping and curled up. Sometimes in the middle of the kitchen floor. Sometimes in the middle of the TV room floor which was right next to the kitchen. It would never be doing anything but sleeping curled up.

* A lady who would walk up to our door from the front gate and disappear just before she got to the door. Could be the woman who warned my mum. We would see her make her trip appearing at the gate from nowhere and then disappearing about 3 steps from the door just as suddenly. Dressed from about 1920. Never said a word to any of us. It would go on for about two hours with a 4-5 minute break between appearances. She would freak out friends and visitors and once my visiting paternal grandma.

* A spirit unseen who would, at all hours, switch on and off the TV room and kitchen lights one after the other. This would be followed by footsteps up the hall to what was then my parents' room. Then nothing else until the lights started again. It would happen 2-3 times a night. Always the same way. No visuals only sound. The footsteps I remembered sounded like a very tired person trying to get to bed.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this. I have many more stories to come and I will try to write more for you soon. Enjoy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MsWrestlersGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Dirtcreature, I think my intuition is enmeshed with memory more often than anything psychic. I remember by emotion, when something feels familiar I recall details associated with that specific feeling.
For example when I link other experiences to people on YGS it's always done by memory. Like the other day Hawkseye's Grandmother's moving picture reminded me of another person's moving picture. To find that link I know searching the likes of 'haunted picture' would be too general. Needs to be more specific, so instead I typed 'white glove picnic table fist'. Which had nothing to do with the topic, but I associated these details emotionally with the same memory, and up it came as the only search result (that's what I like lol)
I believe my recall of unrelated details in a narrative (useful for tracking it down) is connected by an emotional association (like a bookmark). I guess it's a bit like self hypnosis in a way. It's exactly the same process for ferreting out phonies.😉
Sometimes I get a 'psychic' intuitive vision with a submission but mostly I rely on memory association. I use the same process for pretty much everything. 😊
DirtCreature (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
I think people forget how much we are ape like in our behaviors and that is a good example of one. People crave attention to the point of insanity. Some woman shared a dating story of how a guy pretended to have been in war during the military to make women more receptive to dating him. The lengths people will go to is scary.

I am just waiting for people to stop lying for attention and for world peace to happen... Clear the plastic out of the oceans... Sorry, got up in the clouds for a minute...

It's a good sense! I wonder if it comes with being sensitive to paranormal things or if it's just a personality trait to have intuition like that?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Omg DirtCreature, you just creeped me out with the idea of trauma support forums being the target of time wasters. That is a very real possibility I feel.
I was thinking the other day how as a species we seem to have reached a threshold. I haven't watched the news for umm I think it's been five years. In that time whenever I'm exposed to a news program the topics become more and more ridiculous. We seem to be devolving, clamoring for fame, wealth, anything to let us feel some semblance of worth. That's the impression I get from mainstream media. The real news stories don't get a look in, or, perhaps worse, are exploited.
My point here is that these time wasters, be they on here or elsewhere are harkening back to primate behaviours. Chimps in a frenzy screaming for dominance, it ain't pretty on nature documentaries. It's echoed in reality TV, news and in every day life and on forums in the form of time wasters and trolling.
Perhaps the answer to this is to let them scream it out while declining their demands, then offer them a hug when they're ready. Thing is they're seldom ever ready. But it is up to the individual to choose to do better and we'd do well to remember that. In the meantime there's humour in hindsight to be had with silly posts like the one above.

Phoaw, got all deep there!

As for having a keen eye, thanks. I don't know where it comes from exactly, always been detail orientated. I get called dog references though, like 'you're a bloodhound, fox, terrier, sniffer dog' 😆
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Tweed you have such a keen eye and I love it.:D I feel like an intern in a room of respectable superiors.:3

I feel like this comes with the territory of a forum of any nature whether it's for trauma experiences, ghosts, or people sharing B&E stories. There are bound to be the story tellers. It is a little scary to know that someone would be trying to test their writing skills for years o.o If it is BlackDiamond, might I suggest them a hobbie? Perhaps candle making or volunteering at an animal shelter?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
You're right, another alias. And, unfortunately, there are many more.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
At the risk of being jaded myself, I'm noticing a lot of traits in this Wrestler alias echo that BlackDiamondRattlesnake from recently. Similar writing style, quick to jump on the defensive, similar mixed European background. Ergh, a bit disturbing to think someone might have been trying it on at YGS for that long. Or maybe there's just a lot of fantasists knocking about.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Maybe it's a case of being wrong about someone is easier than being made a fool of.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
haha I'll have to check them out too. 😆 It's interesting reading everyones responses, how everyone took them on good faith. Now if anything like these from MsWrester get posted quite a few have eyebrows arched immediately. 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Tweed - I am so surprised that you haven't read any of her/his stories. There are other aliases; have you read any from RollingStonesGhost?

I honestly think this is why many of our current long-time members became so jaded and suspicious, including me.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Wow this person was really full of it. I noticed Lady Glow warn someone about this former member a few days ago and now I'm reading all their stories and the comments. I know that's probably bad. It's like a soap opera, you know it's terrible but you gotta know what happens next. 😆
spiritsrreal88 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Hi I only just read this what a great story:) so glad that women Warned your mum when she did
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
And this was a pretty fancy piece of dancing... Telling a poster to reread her story more carefully, having forgotten what she originally wrote, and being reminded by another poster 😆...OOOPSIE! Indeed...

Blankie #4, flung...
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Narella:
I wondered that myself so I phoned my mum in Florida.

According to her. Dad picked the cot up at a High Street (A main road) Antique Shop, a week before I was born. Mum was in hospital at the time on bed rest.
They would have bought a new one but the house had a lot of antiques they collected in it to go with the house.

Maybe there was something attatched to it... Its had me wondering now since I read your post an hour ago and rang mum. This is freaky.

Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Do you know where your parents got the cot? I wonder if something negative was attached to it.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Geetha50:
Shandi, is apparently a bit better a phone call early confirmed that she was just waking up and was a bit dopey and didn't want to move much... Cant blame her... Poor little girl. The vet thinks she will most likely make a full recouvery... The only thing that is a worry is her age as she is nearly 9yrs old. Otherwise healthy but she is older... Thats why too theyve kept her in for a couple of days.

I think the door lady and the lights and footsteps were most likely residual as well... As they never interacted with anyone that I know of in the family... I remember my mum once trying to talk to the door lady by standing just inside the front gate watching until the lady showed up and said something like "Hello,How are you?" or something similar... And the lady didn't even stray from her path or turn to look at my mum... In fact she almost walked through my mother when she didn't move quite fast enough. Such a pity.
I would have liked to find out why she and Mr. Footsteps as we called him and the others were there.

We can only guess who the voice that saved me was. But even that's a long shot... It could have been a guardian angel.

Dreamerxx:
Thankyou again for favourting my stories... My mother did get a hell of a fright as she was the only living person home at the time... And we had no elderly neighbours either... They were all youngish with young children. My mother told me she still gets chills thinking about it now... And I'm 37!

Miracles51034:
My mother spent days after trying to work out how I wound up stuck the way I did... She experimented with one of my dolls which was solid rubber like thing about the same size I was at the time. It was impossible unless someone practically lifted the mattress and shoved me that way!

Makes you think... Was there a bad spirit there two who maybe did this too me... Because she had just left my room not even 3Mins before it happened and I was sleeping well and comfortably in the MIDDLE of the mattress. No where near the edge and very well tucked in and rugged up.

The cot was replaced before I got home from my overnight hospital stay. My father rushed out and bought the newest best cot he could. And I never went near the old one again.

After my mother's experiments. I remember my mother telling me recently that she had my dad take an axe to the old cot... So no one else could get hurt... It was then burnt in the furnace in the backyard.

Thankyou all,
Kindness and Prayers for you all,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
MsWG - I can't imagine the horror your mom must have felt 😨 Did she ever say how she thought you got your head caught between the mattress and the side of the cot? I seriously just cannot imagine 😢
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
MsWrestlersGhost What a lovely story and thank God for the ghost your a very lucky woman and I love reading your stories and as with the others this is in my favorites 😊 I hope your dog gets better ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Sorry about your dog... Hope she gets better... Mistakes happen so it's okay... Like the other posters said, thank God for ghosties that help out when necessary. As for the lights being turned off and the footsteps on the stairs and the lady at the front door could be residual haunting because they keep repeating themselves without much else.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Thankyou Shlain, Rosemay and Fergie:

Im so very glad my mum heard that voice whoever it belonged to... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that wonderful spirit...

Thankyou all so much for the good wishes for my wonderful German Shephard baby girl Shandi... I'm sure with all the good energies around from all of you that youve sent she will be better in no time... Thankyou again... It helps ease the stress a lot with your kindness.

Many Thanks,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
MsWrestlersGhost, no matter who the spirit was, that was amazing!
When I got to the part where your mum heard the voice, I got goose-bumps, and the hair at the nape of my neck stood on end!

Thank heavens for spirits/ghosts that give us warnings/messages! I have one (?) here at home too!

Thank you for sharing.

I will keep my fingers crossed for your little doggie. ❤
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Great story! So sorry about your dog. Hope she is ok. Let us know, ok?
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Mswrestlersghost,

No problem love. I hope all goes well with your dog. I know they're like our children sometimes.

Keep us posted.

Shlain ❤
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Shlain:
Sorry I do appologise... My brain is in a fizz at the moment.
I had to rush my dog to the vet today and she had to undergo emergancy surgery... Infected uterus... She had to have it fully removed, if I had left it even an hour she would have died... So I'm not exactly 100% right now... As Shandi has to spend a couple of days at the vets. I'm stressed out and her dog brother (desexed) Zeus is so stressed out he won't stop pacing.
So I appologise for any mind ooppss right now ok... I'm still so worried as she is still very touch and go.

Appologies,
MsWrestlersGhost.

PS: I wrote the story and I'm a girl... My mother told it too me and as she is my mum not my dad... I'm guessing she is a girl too...lol
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Mswrestlersghost,

"A lady who would walk up to our door from the front gate and disappear just before she got to the door. Could be the woman who warned my mum."

Maybe you should read your own story again.

Its not that implausible to think it could have been her since the writer of the story said him/herself it "could" be her.
MsWrestlersGhost (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Lovems:
I never said that the lady who walked up to the door and dissapeared was the same one who saved my life... I know she obviously wouldn't be able too as she was one of the outside only spirits... You would know this if you read it again a little more carefully... Please!

The ghost who warned my mother, just in time... Barely, by seconds. That woman's voice was of a woman about 70 - 80 years old, sounded like a very old timid and shy
Person... But made sure my mum paid attention to her with her tone.

The ghost who saved was probably a form the early 1960's when an old couple called Doreen and Richard Hollins lived here for 12yrs until she died in her sleep from a stroke in her bedroom (Which was my room at the time) , Richard moved into a Nursing home and died 5yrs after Doreen died. We knew he was around sometimes because we would smell his cigar's.
We did research on the Hollins Family. Richard had been a High School Music Teacher and Doreen had been a Nurse (R.N). It was most likely her nursing training and her apparently very gentle and caring nature, that she saved my life.

Yes, my mother thanks God everyday for sending that wonderful spirit who warned her seriously just in time. I too thank God for that wonderful ghost/spirit/guardian who saved my life.
I will always appreciate all those wonderful spirits who have happily helped me out and the ones who still do... And they really still do.
I would have died over a dozen times in my life if I didn't have my beloved Ghosties. I owe them more than I can ever repay in this this life. Thats why I happily let GOOD Spirits stay with me... BAD spirits I cleanse out and make sure they stay gone...

Thankyou for enjoying the story.
Kind Regards,
MsWrestlersGhost.
Lovems (3 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
WOW that is awesome! I love hearing stories like that!
I don't think the spirit that walks up to your door and disapears is the one who saved you because it's sounds as if the spirit won't go in yor house or can't go in there. Did you or your mum ever thank the spirit for saving you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: