You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Occurances

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurances

 

As I have said in my last story, my house is over a hundred years old. From time to time I see a spirit called Michael who once owned my house. This happened two years ago. I was in my sitting room one morning after dropping my daughter to school and done most of the house work so I sat down for a break with a cup of tea. My eldest daughter rang me; she was living down in the countryside at this time. We were busy chatting away and laughing at different things when I heard a man crying in the room. I got up and went outside there was no one there, I went out to my yard and there was no one there,

'Mum are you okay' my daughter asked. I told her what I had heard and she got very worried, ' oh no, not again mum, you always hear and see things in that house ' she replied. I sat back down and continued to chat to her, I was sitting at the window at the front of the house and I heard it again, then from the corner of my eye I saw a man in a black suit at the edge of my settee, he was crying into his hands. I did not want to turn around and look at him; I felt like I was invading his privacy, I know that sounds mad as it was my home. It only went on for a few minutes and then he was gone. The room was so cold and I felt extremely saddened.

Later that evening my son was in his room on the computer when he called down to me. I went up to him; his face was as white as a sheet. 'whats wrong ' I asked and then I heard loud thumps on the window. I got my mop and pulled back the curtain, it was dark outside as it was near midnight, I went out to the front of my house and still no one there. All my neighbours are elderly and I live in a two storey house so how would anyone climb up in the back of my house to knock on the window.

The next day I was chatting to my neighbour when he informed me very casually, ' o the lady who lived in your house for fifty years died last night, god love her, her husband died many years ago in your house'. I knew that it was the man I had seen in the black suit, was he crying because he knew his wife was crossing and couldn't find her?

I went back into the house and said out loud, ' your wife Kitty is in Sligo, she was living with your son Thomas', the coldness in the room left and The sadness I had been feeling left me too. The lady that lived in my house passed away just before twelve midnight.

Other hauntings by spiritwolfdancer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwolfdancer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bloodruns (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
Made me happy and sad for the two departed lovers... But I hope they are now together.
DaveTheGhostMan (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Very Nice Story, but I kind of got a bit confused at the end but as I said its a really nice one and you should write more of this. 😊
Mariposa (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Rosemay I agree with you. This is a really nice love story. Nice and the same time a bit sad.
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
You could turn that into a novel! Sweet love story, husband and wife searching for each other after death.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: