You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 1950's Bus Causing Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

1950's Bus Causing Hauntings

 

This is an experience that happened when I was in Standard 2 (Grade 4) in 1992.

Our Primary School was divided into 4 buildings. Two of these buildings were double storied and housed the class rooms. The 3rd was our school hall and the 4th was a detached single story building housing the 2nd set of bathrooms for girls and boys respectively.

In between the 2nd building (of which the 1st floor was the sewing class, art class and sick room) and the building housing the 2nd set of girls and boys toilets was this really old vintage bus. It looked like a bus right out of an old movie. It was green and white and just stood there broken. Never in the 4 years I was at that school did they even attempt to fix it. What freaked us out as young kids was when you looked through the door flap the first sign you would see was "Bus Bodies". As we were young, our minds of course took flight and we called it the "Death Bus".

For some reason during my last year at that school, we were forbidden to use the 1st set of toilets in the main building so we had to run outside and around the buildings to get to the 2nd toilets. To me this was the most horrible feeling ever. As you approached the bus you just got that feeling of STEER CLEAR! When you finally got into the girls bathroom the feeling was worse. As it was, I was the only girl in the bathroom at the time and I used the bathroom as quickly as I could. When leaving the stall I heard one of the showers turn on. I sneaked a peek around the corner and the shower stalls were all empty except for the 3rd shower open at full blast. I booked it out of there.

Now on to the main reason I'm writing this story...

We had a girl in class (let's call her Louisa) that always thought herself better than everyone else. Everyone else was "ugly, stupid and not worth her time" as she would put it. Yeah, she was THAT girl. No wonder she didn't have any friends. Anyway... One day after we had our P.T class (it's like gym class) we were in the girls bathroom getting back into our school uniforms. Louisa, as usual, took her sweet time and when the rest of us were leaving she yelled at us to wait for her. No one was willing to wait for Louisa as she was still standing in her underwear with her uniform neatly folded on the bench behind her.

A yelling contest broke out in a typical Louisa vs the rest of the class type of way. I suspect the negative energy of plus/minus 20 girls arguing might have given this entity the energy it needed to do what it did next. The windows at the top of the bathroom stalls started banging violently. There was no wind outside and the windows banged in a manner that was too fast for simple wind to do. We all got the fright of our lives and we proceeded to run out of the toilet screaming except for Louisa who was freaking out about being half naked. We all grouped around the P.T teacher and some of the girls were crying, explaining what happened to the teacher.

Next thing we see and hear is a half naked Louisa, in nothing but her white socks and panties, come running out of the toilets, screaming, right into the arms of the teacher. She claimed when we left her there she tried to throw her dress on quickly, but as she reached for her dress the packet of sweets she had laying next to her uniform lifted 2 feet vertically into the air and fell back down onto her uniform. That's when she flipped and just didn't give a damn who saw her when she ran.

Naturally the teacher went inside to inspect, thinking someone was in there with the girls (why do they always do this?) and found no one. Windows still. Just our bags and Louisa's uniform still in there. The look on the teacher's face was priceless, though. We knew she believed something happened. A group of 20 girls around the ages of 8/9 can't all orchestrate this and play it out so perfectly.

Call me cruel, but up until this day I still think Miss Busy Body deserved what happened to her.

Was it the bus that had spiritual inhabitants causing problems in the bathrooms or was it the building itself? We never found out.

Thanks for reading.

Xx Shlain xx

Other hauntings by Shlain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shlain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tamz89 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
Wow. I really loved this story! Reminds me of our old primary school bathrooms and the absolute fear all the girls felt going in there alone. Very nostalgic in a way.

Thank you for sharing, this was a fun read.:)
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
Rozo, RedWolf, HappySpirit,

Firstly I want to correct the year. It actually took place in 1994. Can't believe I made myself older than I actually was.

Rozo, I can't find much on the history. At the entrance to the main building there were 2 flower beds probably the length of the average coffin. Yeah, we thought there were people burried in there, because no flowers grew in it. Crazy kids. The bus stood in the exact same spot until I graduated from college. The route to my work takes me past the school everyday and I noticed a few years ago the school was revamped and the bus gone.

RedWolf, well the scaring worked! Louisa never used those toilets again. She would sneak into the teachers bathroom.

HappySpirit, unfortunately Louisa remained herself. The year after that I went to a different school.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
That was a GREAT story! (Love the play on Bus Bodies/Busy Bodies.) Did Louisa become more approachable after that? Sometimes having the sh*t scared out of you can work wonders for attitude! I suspect that the emotional energy of prepubescent girls played a dominant role in this story, although who knows what other energies were around to feed off it.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
Shlain, cool story!
That was definitley the spirit of someone who may have been abused by someone like 'Louisa' and wanted to show her a thing or two about being bullied...

Wanted to ask... Any chance of going back to the school and checking it out further? Years later it prob has been revamped... But you never know right? Some backround history would be great on this school.

Thanks Shlain.
Rozo
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Shlain
I personally think it was the building. I think it was hysterical that "Louisa" ran out all but naked. I think the spirit wanted to teach her a lesson. 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: