You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spooky House Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Spooky House Experience

 

This happened when I had a brief stay at my uncle in Ormoc City, Philippines. That was after college, and I didn't really had serious plans of getting a work yet, so I stay with them and from time to time helped my younger cousins, and had an extra job in my aunt's school (being a computer technician).

Anyway, my uncle's house (actually it was from his wife's ancestors) is a bit old, post World War 2-American architecture; a 2-storey house; kitchen and dining downstairs and living room, rooms and CR upstairs, with a small terrace facing the street. At the back of the house, was a vacant lot elevated to a hill, with some shrubs, a couple of tress, and with some other houses not so far as well.

During my stay there, I immediately felt uneasy-that common eerie feeling. I often feel the chills at the back of my neck just anytime of the day within the house. I could hear my cousin's (children) footsteps running through the living room and slamming the door, sometimes their voices; when they are actually in school at those times! Voices of chatting, laughing, humming in one of the rooms. Sometimes, I can smell the coffee of my aunt (she's a heavy drinker that time then) elsewhere in the living room. Books, notebooks, shoes and other things being well arranged and then, abruptly scattered or misplaced, and all other sorts of spookiness around.

I shared a room with my male cousin. Sometimes at night I could feel and, even at the corner of my eye, see that he comes inside the room and lie on the bed next to mine. There's the stomp of the floor and the bed even squeaks! Yet in fact, I'm definitely all alone and awake.

One incident, some classmates of my cousin where at the house for a project, one of them asked me, "Kuya, kape daw ni Tita?" (Kuya, Tita asks for her coffee?) assuming that my aunt is in her room, so I prepared a coffee but when I was about to give it to her, I was shocked that my aunt's room is locked, and that she hasn't come home yet! Those little girls were really scared and starts to panic, I did as much as I could to calm them down, because the other girl swears she heard my aunt on her room asking for coffee. As I can remember, that girl and some other classmates never came back to the house again.

One time, I was peeing (the CR is at the back portion of the house, 2nd floor with grilled-big-windows facing the vacant lot), the cubicle was a bit big, with a lavatory/washing area just before the door. So there I was peeing, when suddenly I see my uncle (he often wears a white t-shirt with a towel on his shoulder) washing his face on the lavatory. I swear I am seeing him, just 2-3 steps away, because I made a quick glimpse, a little turn of my head, and even asked him, "Oy, Tito, naa na diay ka?" (Hi, Tito, you're already here?), but didn't bother him much since 'he' is washing his face. So, then I finished and proceeded to the living room to see my cousins coming from school, then went downstairs and to my surprise my uncle is their busy - cooking! Wearing a white t-shirt with a towel on his shoulder! There's no other way going to the kitchen from the CR, but the same way I did, he couldn't had just passed through me, just impossible, because 'he' was still washing his face when I left the CR. I was totally shocked and frozen right there on the kitchen door, really stoned, then he asked me what happened you look pale, are you sick? Well, I didn't really told him the truth.

Also, one time, some of our neighbors asked me, "Naa diay si Gabriel?" (Is Gabriel there?). Because, they said, they saw him at the terrace, sitting, smoking and even teasing the passersby. No it can't be, because he is not at home, he is in another town, and almost a year he haven't visited my uncle. When I told him about it, he just laughed.

Others would also asked if I woke up early, because they saw me going out from the house early morning, which I didn't. I believed they all knew about it, and just don't want to talk about it and learn to live with it.

They said that during the war there was a hospital at the back of the house, now the vacant lot, at the foot of the hill.

I have other stories from other experiences. Till next time. Peace.

Other hauntings by v0xp0puli101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, v0xp0puli101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
ROSEMAY and SHLAIN:

I think what he meant by the word "stoned" was frozen or couldn't move in fear or shocked. Let's focus on his story though:)
v0xp0puli101 (10 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
Thanks for the comments!

Shlain

As for the scattered things, it's not that often, as well as not 'too' messy also. I verified it from my self, and with my other female cousin, since she is the cleaner-in charge of the house; examples will be, some notebooks filed in the table, then later 1 or 2 will be missing, and will be found inside one of the rooms, or under the bed, or downstairs. Another would be slippers or shoes arranged on the rack, then later one of the pair would go missing, and can be found in the washroom, etc.
Yes, that's what I also believed, that anybody went to the house, and would stay even for just a couple of days, will be likely 'copied' or something.
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Shlain: probably so lol. Bad word to get mixed up, though:-)
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
I've read on here about doppelgangers so maybe that could explain you seeing your uncle in two places (just a thought)
The stoned bit I'm sure its meant to be stunned also I think she/he has done ok with her/his english.
I hope you get some more comments that can help you out with this.
Looking forward to reading more from you 😊
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
I was waiting for the "really stoned" comments to start coming! 😆

I think he/she meant stunned. Hopefully!

The author needs to do some clearing up.
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
"Really stoned"? If that means the same thing there as it does here, that would make a big impact on credibility. Perhaps wrong word choice or an overzealous autocorrect? Trying to give the benefit of the doubt here, but would like that point clarified, please.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
v0xp0puli101,

It looks like all of you have imprinted on the house. This happens sometimes and it is like a video recording playing over and over. It's not considered intelligent.

As for the books and things being scattered; have you ruled out all rational possibilities? If so this might have been a spirit being mischievous.

Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: