You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: 14 Years Of Experience. But For What?

Real Ghost Stories

14 Years Of Experience. But For What?

 

Even skeptical parents can raise children who are believers. I haven't doubted any experience I've ever had in my short life. The various experiences I've... Experienced, are all true and happening at different times over the years. Do they all weave together? I don't know. Due to the TRUTH behind this post, I will not be releasing any names. All you need to know about me is that I am a 14-year-old American girl with a mother, a father, two older brothers (one of which died), and am a Catholic.

My parents divorced when I was three, so afterwards, they moved into separate houses, with shared custody over my brother and me. So I know that the house we previously lived in before was not haunted. I am. Maybe haunted isn't the right word. More sensitive to spirits seems better.

To be honest, my brother remembers this more than I; I would often tell him that "the planets came last night". I was only about two to five years old when I said this. I remember sometimes I would see about 8 or 9 small spheres that were a clear-white color in my room at night. They moved very fluidly, all together as well, and would eventually disappear. I don't remember saying or seeing them all the time, but according to my brother, who is several years older than me and thus, would have remembered it better, says that I would claim I'd "seen the planets" very often. The only clear memory I have is when I was five, and my brother and I were sharing a room in my Dad's condo he had been renting. I couldn't fall asleep (the closet scared me) and then I turned and saw the "planets" in the middle of the room. They moved slowly, so I woke my brother up, saying, "[Insert name here], the planets are here!" He woke up, alert, asking where. I pointed as they flew smoothly under his bed, disappearing. He said, "whoa," and seemed shocked. I don't know if he saw it too, or if he was just scared by how I would say I did. I wasn't trying to sound creepy; I was a kid, just curious and blunt, which seems creepy when you take into account that I wasn't lying. I don't even think I knew much about the planets, but since there were 8 or 9 and came in different sizes, my young mind drew a conclusion that they resembled the solar system in some way. It took me years to realize that I had been seeing orbs.

My brother, who is usually a big skeptic, only showed one hint of believing when we mention this. He says it's crazy because when I was little, I stayed in []'s old room, [] being my other brother. [] died as a baby about a year before I was born, so I never knew him. It could make sense that I would see orbs in his room, but they followed me to any of the new homes I lived in when I was little. I haven't seen them in years. When I did though, they didn't really scare me. They were odd, but not exactly unwelcoming, and eventually it felt almost natural to see them at night. My Dad, the biggest skeptic, says it was just my imagination. That could also be true, but again I saw them for years. I don't recall talking to them the way a child talks to their imaginary friend. I just... Watched I guess.

Another experience I had when I was little were nightmares. Yes, everyone has them, but I was a little girl and the fact that it was the same disturbing one constantly scares me even today. I can still remember the vivid details. I'm walking alone in the cemetery where my deceased brother is buried. I'm lost, but I keep hearing my Mom's voice. The cemetery begins to distort, becoming a swamp near a forest. I finally find my Mom in the swampy water, so I race in after her, only to helplessly watch her drown before I drown myself. Scary, right? Sometimes the ending where we both die would interrupt another dream. I had this very dream (or ending of a dream) many times in our first house, and never again after. I never told anyone for years.

As a kid, I had the biggest imagination. My love for super heroes, fairies, and mermaids, lasted (only the super hero one remains today XD). From the time that I was five to the time that I was 10 was mostly uneventful in terms of paranormal happenings. There was an instance when I thought I saw a shadowy figure rush in front of me one morning in my room, but of any of the experiences, this is the only one I can say might've truly been my imagination. As mentioned above, the activity started again when I was 10, only from this point on, it was very, very different than before.

I was up reading one night. I wasn't tired, it was only about 9:00pm. Suddenly, a woman's voice called my name. It startled me, but didn't frighten me. It was an odd sensation; the voice sounded right between a voice in my head and voice out loud. I smiled, and kept reading. My Mom thought that since it didn't scare me, it could've been the Virgin Mary. A year later, I was trying to fall asleep, but my brother was taking a shower and it kept me up. A man's voice, deep and powerful also echoed my name. It gave me a loving feeling, and I fell asleep right away. It was above me, as opposed to beside me like the woman. Was it God? I'm not sure.

When I was 12, things began to change. Again, I was up in bed, surfing the web on my old iPod touch. A younger man's voice spoke my name, passing through me. Unlike the others, this one made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I tried to ignore it, but the fact that this was the third time and while I was in bed (the first two at my Mom's house, the third voice at my Dad's) made me curious. I researched if this was normal. Apparently if you are very tired, you can hear noises that may not be there. It would've made perfect sense, except all three times, I was in bed, yes, but awake. It made me slightly uneasy. However, it was nothing too serious. Yet.

In the years that I was in 6th and 7th grade (12 and 13 years old), I'd started having problems. Stress and drama took over my life. I'm not a popular person, which I'm pretty much fine with now, but wasn't back then. My friends and I fought all the time, I was doing worse in school. Negative emotions began to surface, and this got me to believing that bad feelings can draw these spirits to you. I began sensing things. I felt paranoid, and always felt like I was being watched. Unlike the first two voices or even the orbs, I was uneasy and scared.

The sounds of children talking became constant. I would hear spirits talking with the same not-in-my-head not-out-loud feelings. They sounded unfamiliar and like they were having hushed conversations amongst themselves, but I heard my name several times. They didn't scare me quite as much as the feeling of being watched did. The next night (Wednesday), I was with my Mom that night. Much like the other times, I was up in bed, listening to music when something growled in my right ear. It wasn't the song, and it sounded... Different. I know it's going far to say that since it didn't sound human, it could've been a demon, but what I do know is that it scared me so badly that I didn't sleep the entire night.

You may have noticed that most of these experiences are happening at night, which is kind of cliche. Yet, most of the time when I felt the feeling of something watching and/or following me, it's happened during the day. But I'm alone almost every time. In the afternoon on Thusday, I was waiting for my Dad to come home. For over an hour, I kept hearing voices. And as if on cue, the moment before I stepped into my room, I heard a little girl whisper "Be careful **" (** being my name). The children's voices slowly quieted down afterwards. But the strange thing was, I couldn't see her, but SENSE that she was on my right and where her height was next to me. I rarely saw anything, apart from two times when a black figure appeared to be standing in both my Mom's and Dad's living rooms, proving again that it's not one house, but me. The next day I told my religion teacher about it, and he advised me to pray to the Holy Spirit every time I'd hear a voice or feel something. So I did.

I told my Mom about this, too. Overall, she's more of a believer than my Dad or brother. She still can be skeptical though, blaming many of my experiences on the fact that I love horror movies and watch them a lot. Still, she told me something I didn't know before; she can see spirits too. Not often, but she said that two days before my dog died, she saw his shadow and heard him walking around her house. He lived with my Dad, not her. The same thing, seeing the dead before they died, happened previously to her with other family members. She has yet to mention it again, but I know she believes to an extent, unlike my Dad and brother who are both atheists and skeptics. My mom sees more, whereas I sense and hear.

I'm now 14 and my life had improved from where it was a year ago. It's far from perfect, but I'm not feeling quite so negative, which in my opinion, had stopped drawing in negative spirits. Despite experiences that scared me, I think I'm intuitive to all spirits in general. After the activity slowly died down, I didn't have anything happen for awhile. That isn't to say it's stopped completely. Every now and then, I still feel a spirit watching me. It's not always malicious. It has been, but I've also experienced curiosity.

Praying has helped. As I stopped being afraid of horror movies as the months went by, I simply enjoyed them more. The fear didn't play tricks with my mind, or bring anything negative closer to me. Only three or four occurrences have happened recently. A few months ago, I couldn't sleep in my room, because as childish as it seems, there was a very large and very much alive cockroach lurking around. So I stayed in my brother's old room (he moved out, not my deceased brother) and was up for hours typing a story. It was silent, apart from the keyboard clicking until I heard a boy's voice say my name. It had been awhile since I'd heard something like that, but it was very clear and he only sounded a little older than me. I got a feeling inside that I might've been my deceased brother, who would be 15 now. Like the little girl over a year ago, I didn't see him, but felt him there and knew where he was standing. A month after that, another voice was heard. An unfamiliar woman shouted my name, She sounded a bit angry and very urgent, causing me to feel a little uneasy. It went away later, and I put it out of my mind.

Two weeks ago, a loud scratching was heard on my while in the morning after I'd had a nightmare. I wasn't sure if it was a raccoon or my nerves, and simply left the room. And only a few days ago, did something unusual happen. I was watching my friends' dogs while her family was away. I came early in the day to feed and walk them. The lights were off, but when I got there at night, a lamp light was on. I suspected that it must've been automatic, because there was no way that either dog could've done it, and I locked the front door after I left earlier. So I turned it off, and tried to open the patio door, which was extremely hard to do. I got it open and left it unlocked while I fed one dog out there. I tried to open it again; it was locked. I didn't touch the lock, and freaked out because the dog was locked outside. I did something I used to do when a light flickered or one of my objects disappeared unexplainably; I suspected it was a spirit and asked it to stop. I begged them to let the dog out, and when I tried opening the door again, it was unlocked. I thanked the spirit and kept the door slightly open just in case.

It sounds strange, but the only times I interact with a spirit is when an object of mine vanishes, or a light won't turn on, or maybe something freezes. Sometimes, they will obey me. But I will say that one of my rosaries has yet to return to me, no matter how many times I search my room.

Overall, I hope you understand that this may not seem super dramatic. I know why; I don't ask for it. I'm careful. I don't play with Ouija board or, despite what my non-believing friends say- contact spirits. My Mom and I are both Catholics, so I pray to God. I think I'm just sensitive to spirits and their presence. And really, in a strange way, doesn't it being less dramatic make it more realistic? Just because a demon didn't chase me down and choke me doesn't mean that any of my experiences didn't happen. I'm willing to believe that there are explanations for some things in life. Maybe to most, feeling or sensing something isn't evidence. It is to me just as much as seeing and hearing. To this day, I hate going to cemeteries, hospitals, and even the north staircase at my school where I'd heard little children whispering when the hallways were empty.

I'd love to hear your opinions, thoughts, and knowledge. If you think I'm in danger, let me know. I honestly don't think I am now, but that isn't to say I won't be in the future.

Thanks for reading.:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EternalEmotions107, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vesuvius01 (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Hi eternal, I really enjoyed reading your story, well written I think you are right in terms of not being afraid of these occurences I am no expert with only a few experiences of my own, that being said I have always been interested in all things that have no rational explanation and done a lot of research into these things. The way you described things whichi was impressed with for some one so young, I believe your very level headed and grounded you probably are more open to these things than other people, some tend to think of it as a gift, I think youll be just fine the way you are approaching these things I wish you well, take care vesuvius
Shadow-and-Dakota (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-26)
I know I'm a couple of years late to comment on this story but I just wanted to suggest that you might be a "Spiritual Lighthouse", a person that attracts the attention of many different types of spirits, good and bad. I am sensitive to spirits as well. The term "Spiritual Lighthouse" was given to me when I was young by "the brown haired man in the mirror". I know that doesn't explain anything but some people are just born more sensitive or with a greater "sixth sense" then others.
EternalEmotions107 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Sorry for not returning to the discussion. To answer some questions, I am still currently 14 and these experiences have occurred on and off since I was very young. When I originally wrote this all down in my old computer, it crashed and I lost all my files. I rewrote it and posted it on here as one giant thing, but was in hurry and was using my brother's laptop. These experiences happen at both houses, though they generally are more common at my mom's.

An experience I never got around to mentioning was when I was 11, I was sitting at my dad's computer playing a game. It was night, but it was only 7:00pm so I was wide awake. My dad was in the living room watching TV, and I turned my head to see a young boy. He was a small, black mass with red-yellow eyes. He leaned to the side, disappearing. Now that I think about it, the image is kind of frightening, but he honestly seemed scared of me, so I didn't think too much of it. The lights were bright, so I though I might've just seen a shadow, though his yellowish-red eyes were vivid. This was sort of at the start of these paranormal happenings.

Another was, like the rest, at night when I was 13. It was 2:00am or so, and I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. So I stayed up for awhile. I heard very loud footsteps moments later. It didn't sound like my mom; her slippers make a fast, swishing sound. This was slow and very heavy. I listened, scared as they drew closer and stopped outside of my door. Oddly though, you would have to take a few more steps to be inside the bathroom, but I didn't hear them anymore. I did hear bumping against the bathroom wall, and I nervously waited for it to be over. In the morning, I asked my mom anyways if she got up and went to use my bathroom at 2:00am. She said she didn't leave her room at all.

Honestly though, not much has happened recently, expect for one or two things. There is always a gap before the activity returns. It started when I was quite little, two-years-old to five, then occasionally happened until I was 10-13. Those were the worst years. Perhaps it will start again one day.

However, three times I've caught a glimpse of a black apparition in my mom's garage. Every night around 10:00pm, I got to turn the water heater off. If you wait in the dark awhile, you're eyes naturally adjust and you can see. Since I usually can't do this other times, I actually practice singing a little when I'm in my garage. So one night, I stayed for about 5 minutes and saw the apparition on a tall, teen girl with long hair watching me. I still practice my singing. The girl sometimes seemed a bit curious, though one time she felt angry.

And only two days before this post (5/10/13), I felt something I haven't felt in awhile; a spirit breathing on me. I know it's not the air conditioner, which consistently blows. I felt cold breathing though on my right arm. It stopped and started again like if you were actually breathing. It had been awhile since I'd spoken to a spirit, so I pulled my arm under the covers and hoped he got the message (I don't know why, but I could sense that it was a boy). A few seconds later, I pulled my arm back out, and the breathing was gone. That night I had a nightmare, but I don't want to believe that it was a result of that experience.

I guess what I'm asking is why me? Because I've seen and experienced many different spirits before; it's not just one. Are they drawn to me because I'm sensitive to them? How can I stay safe? I've had a couple incidents where I'e woken up with scratches or bruises that weren't there before I fell asleep, though this may or may not be the result of spiritual activity. Spirits have growled at me, spoken to me, and breathed on me. But does this mean that I'm in any trouble? How do I stay safe? And should I avoid contact with them? Mind you, I don't use ouija boards on talk to them. I only ask them kindly to stop if they breathe on me, or an item goes missing. After that, I say thank you. That is all I say.

Thank you all for reading and your comments.
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Wow for a 14yr old, you write exceptionally well. My daughter is 13, and doesn't write or use certain words you have... My question is, Did this happen to you at the age 14? Or is that your age now?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
EternalEmotions107,

Thank you for returning and adding to the discussion. If you do not keep a Journal you may wish to start one. This will help you not only to keep track of any 'experiences' you may have, but it will help you when you set about de-bunking them.

Speaking of which I have a question for you... Do these 'experiences' only happen in your Mothers house, or have some of your 'experiences' happened at your Fathers?

You mention most of your experiences happen 'at night'. Have you ever thought about why that may be?

Respectfully,

Rook
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
I believe you and I know what You mean feeling being watched etc.
batVkitty (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
Hey I can relate to your story when you heard someone calling your name I believe you. So I I was in my bed getting ready to sleep (my eyes were open & I didn't want to sleep so it took me a while to sleep) I was looking at the ceiling, suddenly I heard an old woman's voice calling my name in whispers from the corner of the room. As it said my name it got closer and closer to me but it never came next to my ear. The voice stopped only inches apart from me and then it disappeared. After I was wondering what the heck! It was my first time experiencing this kind of thing and will probably be my last. And no I have never seen a ghost in my life!
rosemay (52 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
An experience is an experience regardless of age. The "show and tell" comment was my smart [at] $$ way of asking if you were just sharing your story or asking for help. Calm down. If you get your panties twisted over every off color comment you'll never get anywhere. Now. Are you aking for help with anything? If so, why don't you go ahead and give us what you didn't have time to add in your story and whatever details that didn't make it in, also.
EternalEmotions107 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
And Rook, I hope you or anyone else doesn't get the idea that I'm a crazed catholic with your Honesty of the Saints crack. I believe in God, I go to church, etc. But I disagree on plenty of things the church teaches. Yes, people can lie, but the age was a mistake.
EternalEmotions107 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
I apologize for the confusion on my age. Yes I am young, but that doesn't mean that I haven't experienced anything. And no, this was not for show and tell, thank you very much. I didn't mention every experience I had. There were other incidents, but I can't figure out how to edit my story to add them in. I was pressed for time writing the story and didn't get a chance to add everything in. Whether your show and tell crack was because of my age, or the supposed little experience, I answered why in this comment. I thank you Rook for being respectful, and rosemay I'm sorry if you missed the point. Again, I'd like to add in more, but I can't. The site specifically states not to title your story "Help me please...!" or anything similar. I'm not asking for help. I'm just sharing some of my experiences. Don't we all?
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Did I miss the point? Was this just for show and tell or what? The age thing...yeah.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
But the writer is a, wait how did SHE word it...

"All you need to know about me is that I am a 14-year-old American girl with a mother, a father, two older brothers (one of which died), and am a Catholic."

Not to be rude but so much for the honesty of the Saints...

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Rook: The age given on the edit page was 20 years old 😆 50505050
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
I will not read more of this account until it is explained how a 14 year old Catholic girl is considered a young adult.

Me thinks someone 'chose' the wrong age group when they joined the site... Was this by accident or?

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: