You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: English Village School

Real Ghost Stories

English Village School

 

Until now the only people I've told this to are my husband and my eldest daughter. The reason is I don't want to watch peoples faces as they squirm to hide their disbelief and try to think of something kind to say. I wouldn't believe it if it were told to me.

I was going to make the title 'This Happened' because when I think about what happened that afternoon, something in my mind tries to tell me it just can't have. Please, will someone who reads this account help me understand it? I'm sorry if I ramble.

OK, so...

It's mid summer, it's a small village primary school surrounded by fields in the heart of the English countryside, it's 5.30pm, it's been hot all day. All the kids and the teachers have gone home.

The main body of the school is a stone building, approximately 100 years old. A more modern part (1970's) is long and narrow, one level only, divided into four large class rooms, with a staffroom in the middle where the entrance door is. The classrooms are 'open plan', separated only by low walls and little bays with sinks for painting equipment. It's a long way, but you can walk the length of this block uninterrupted literally through all the four classrooms and art bays. No doors or high walls. You can see all the way from one end to the other if you stand to one side.

With me? This matters, because I need you to believe me when I tell you I KNOW I was alone in that block. It's easy to see and hear anyone else. At this time of day it's silent in there. You could hear a pin drop.

I'm a teaching assistant, it's just me and the elderly caretaker onsite now. He is in the main building, mopping. The doors and windows are all locked and it's nearly time he let me out and closed up for the night. Our usual routine.

I've been at one end of the block washing paint brushes and I need to go to the other end before I leave as I've left my phone down there. I'm cheerful and relaxed. Probably singing to myself. I walk the length of the block. Lets say I start from class room 1, through no. 2, past the staff room, then start through no. 3. I glance to my right into no. 3 class and I see the carpeted area is a mess. The kids have left some toys/lunchboxes/cardboard models/class equipment strewn about. I could see some bits had been kicked under the coat rack. This carpet area is about 18' x 20'.

Now here we go... I remember sighing, and thinking 'Oh, that's not good, after I grab my phone I'll quickly gather these things up'. I didn't break my stride. I walked into no. 4 class, picked up my phone, turned around and walked straight back to no. 3. This would be, in honest real time, about 20 SECONDS between seeing the bits on the floor and returning.

In front of me now - four or five feet away in the middle of the carpet - I see all the objects which had been scattered about are now in a tall pile. I'm tingling writing this. They were balanced very precariously but very skilfully one on top of the other, largest at the bottom, smallest at the top. Including the stuff from under the coat racks. Three or four tiniest counting blocks, and a couple of dice were balancing at the very top. I suppose the whole pile was between 2/3 feet high.

I swear there was no one around but me. There was no time for someone to have done this. The place was utterly silent the whole time. It was still sunny, there were no strange noises, or thunder claps or anything. Just this pile in front of me now. From nowhere. No time. No sound.

I remember stopping and looking at it for a moment. I didn't touch it, or step near it. Then I just walked away. I clearly remember that I sort of laughed and shook my head as I walked away. It seems amazing to me now that I didn't scream and run like a lunatic, but I remember I felt no fear at the time. I could turn my back on it and just walk calmly away even though I was alone in the building. I feel fear now, thinking about it!

For info: I'm easily spooked, but that day I wasn't scared. In the past I've been told I'm 'open' to the paranormal, and I should embrace it. I've had a few frightening 'odd' experiences, and I don't want to be 'open'. It scares the crap out of me!

Anyway - This Happened. Can anyone tell me WHAT happened? It's helped to write this down.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Mistyy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mistyy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Well, what fun went on with these comments 12 months ago... I feel like I have turned up late to a party or something.

But just wanted to say I really enjoyed this post, I think something's happen when your only reaction can be just turning and walking away. Would be interested to know if anything else has happened since these events.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
So, when will number 3 arrive?
Joke is on him/her 😊

5050505050
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
Geetha, don't let him/her get under your skin. Don't take him/her serious, why would you?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
Rook,
You are right... The more we response to evilspirit spirit's stupidity the more we are building his ammo... Believe me, it's taking every ounce of will power in me to tell him where to shove it but I'm not going to.

To all readers, including the MODS,
Please and pretty please just ignore evilspirit and see how long he is going to last.

Evilspirit,
There are a crap lot of people here that don't like you and don't want you here so it's better if you leave. BUT if you insist on staying and like you mentioned want to give advise... Then give advise that makes sense and be nice about it. After giving the advise and it will be the original poster's choice to take it or leave it. There is a saying, it takes two to tango... You said that we provoked you but what about you... All the response that we put against you was because of something you said... Like calling 510moth a shemale. Was that truly necessary?

This comment from evilspirit2 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Mistyy (2 stories) (18 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
Hi Wiz.

Thank you for your interest:)
I can understand and appreciate that you are interested in a bit of investigation at this site. I would gladly tell you the location of anything else that has ever happened to me (I have disclosed the exact location of the shop in my 2nd story) but am wary in this instance. The reasons are twofold:
1. The site is a working primary school and nursery full of very young kids and any visits or obvious interest from someone investigating the paranormal would be majorly unwelcome. A rumor like that could spread like wildfire through the children and cause a fair amount of upset.
2. Both the school and my home are in the same tiny village. Everyone knows everyone's business and I don't know who may be reading this. If they recognise me here then fine. It's my story and i'll tell it if I want to. Nothing I say here about it effects anyone. However it would be bad form to name the school, I think, because then it's 'out there'.
I'm sorry. I hope you understand.
Personally i'd LOVE for the place to be investigated properly, but that would be impossible to achieve without just about every child in the village finding out (trust me) which is not a desirable thing. They have to go there every day, and they're just little kids.

Xxx
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+7
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
[at] Evilstinky#2-Does the phrase"Doctor, heal thyself" mean anything to you? Probably not. How about this one, "Start with the man in the mirror"? No? Probably not. Well this one I am sure you've heard before, " Sweetie? Do you need a nap?"
evilspirit2 (6 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
lol... Good for you guys... I am moving to other posts. I am not interested in you guys. Maybe you turn old to me... Hugs to you Rook... ❤

[at] Wiz, I am trying to help people here too. Its you guys who are actually starting the disputes. Anyways, I am no more interested in you guys. My main motto here is to help people who are really suffering from paranormal stuff, but not those who think that they are suffering...
Wiz (23 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
[at] evilspirit2

The problem with people like you, my freind, is that you have spent so much energy and time filling this forum with inane and unnecessary comments that the O/Ps who have submitted stories are not getting the help and advice they need and you seem to be pulling as many people into your games as you can. The saying put a sock in it springs to mind, I mean why come to a site like this if you haven't got anything to bring to the table?

[at] Mistyy

Excellent account sounds freaky I would love to experience something like that! I'm from the UK where is this said school? I would love to visit and do some investigating!

Wiz
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
evilspirit2,

I'm NOT?!?!? Oh my I had better tell myself that before I do or say something wrong.

Oh wait the voices in my head won't let me... Oh No what am I to do? Oh woe is US...

My precious, we are nots God? What are we to do?

Attention all members, Please attend a special showing of 'Lord of the DIPSTICKS' to be shown on the Miss Demeanor. Come One Come All.

Puff Bayram
Wiz (23 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
Well said Rook this has been going on far too long bud! Still, you always get one and by everyone replying is just giving the guy ammo. Best everyone can do is stop feeding the guy and hopefully he will give up *sigh*

Wiz
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
I ought to ignore you, your just an attention seeking pest, but your comments detract from any inputs the O/p's may receive as you seek notoriety.

I will not 'vote you down' as I'm not a big supporter of the Karma Points, I feel an individuals comments will stand on their own or not and you sir, yours DO NOT. All that is happening is pure distraction and I wish you would just stop and go away. PLEASE?

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
Goldduster,
Those kind of people who mentioned don't belong websites like this. Also, people like evilspirit not only like to thing they know everything (like how he states he knows other languages also) but also take offense when people like the Miracles, Granny, Rook, etc. Call them out on their stories because their stories are unbelievable. We are dealing with the unknown so naturally we are going to have questions and the author who has his/her head on right would answer them to give us a broader picture because as readers we weren't there when the incident happened. But they don't understand that and they take offense and start going off on us like there is no tomorrow.
goldduster (55 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Geetha I back what you say 100 percent but some people think they know everything and keep thier mind closed to new new things I love reading rooks posts I learn something new all the time
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Also I forgot to mention... One of those people Rook mentioned about using his cleansing method and it working. I am one of them. I tested twice and it worked both times... So do me a favour and tested it before you trash somebody's else's work... This goes for not just evilspirit but everyone who is thinking about putting down someone's suggestion.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Evilspirit,

I know you are banned now but I don't know weather you are going to come back and read this but...

You asked me in your post: "Do you really think that you are helping people online..."

My answer: I don't know... My job is to put out my suggestions based on what I have experienced and what has worked for me. Not everything works for everyone and when it comes to the paranormal, we still don't know what works and what does not.

As for meet up and striking up a friendship... Friendship is secondary here... People come here first to share their stories and seek and give suggestions. If a friendship develops from interacting with each other then so be and if these people was to meet they can and it none of your business if they want to meet up online or not.

Let me ask you this... If your friendship is created online and you lie about everything you say, then how I am suppose to believe you if I ever meet you in real life. There is a saying... Once a liar, always a liar... If you lie online you are going to lie in real life... I trust some the people here than people like you who put others down without even meeting them or at least getting to know them.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
meh, your trolling tactic's are weak. Your attempt at broken english makes you look silly. I've seen some "legendary" trolling in other forums that put yours to shame. When I start up ProTroll.com, you will not be contacted. I need the type of employee who is quick witted, with the ability to appear as if they are really typing from India- if necessary.
Thankyou for showing an interest though- perhaps you would be interested in a training program, should this thing take off?
evilspirit (41 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Everybody knows who is acting weird... As I said before, there are some 4-6 people here, who doesn't have any other job to do except liking posts of their own kin, and trying to stir up things...

[at] Miracles: you are one such useless moderator fit for nothing... Except to stir up the settled dust. Next time you will get just a blank message from me. I believe that whenever I reply to you, I feel that I am giving you some importance although you doesn't deserve any... You must know one thing Miracles, people are laughing at you and at Pjod, Dragon and some stupids, because now everybody understood that who is actual crap here... I end the things and you guys start up, and now its very clear...! I very know that whatever I post will get not more than 3-5 dislikes, which actually means that we have 5 stupids here... Got that...! And now, I have a given you something to laugh at, what are you waiting for...!

And Pjod: Nobody will ever buy your useless idea, so better do not waste money on patenting... First of all, I doubt whether you actually knew anything about patenting... Do not boast about your country... Your country has already hit recession. By the way what have you been doing during recession...! Selling toilet paper...! Lol grow up man...
evilspirit (41 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
[at] Pjod: lol, look what we have here... Americans are trying to teach English...! Lol, You guys speak gotta, lotta, gonna, soona, lol lol lol... You are trying to teach me English... I must tell you something... Its hard to look at our own ass, and its very simple to look at others... So, lol, I understand your words when you point at my English...! And well dear kiddo, try to know that there are many other languages like French, German, Spanish etc etc which are widely spoken... Maybe Ghosts knew only English I believe, probably that is the reason why they show up more in USA... Lol
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
evil,
I suspect you are as American as they come- assuming you have a job, your taxes contribute to foreign policy. Your attempts at broken english are laughable.

Dragonstorm,
I honestly don't know what came first- The Matrix movies, or the theory that we could be living in a similiar simulated program. I assume the theory takes out the movies plot of using humans as a battery- but holds the idea that all of reality, as we understand it- could be like a "virtual reality" - Humans who encounter a problem or glitch in the system, may experience a paranormal incicent. "That UFO performing maintenance, or correcting said problem" being one example. It's all speculation of course, but it's fun to speculate.
evilspirit (41 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
[at] Rook: Sorry Boss, I think you typed those words sitting on a burning coal... As I said before that I would like to take time to read your comment, so here I am now... Well, what made you conclude that I am here to stir and laugh at the people...! Huh...! So, are you here for the same reason...! Trying to advice like a big brother...! My question is why are you advising...! Because it is FREE...! Or else because you are the right person to advice, or because you are someone who knew that person since quite a long time, or else you know everything about the case study, or else you are sure that your suggestion works...! Tell me if you have answer...! Respectfully...!

It was you guys who started the mess first, and its still you guys making this to continue... Whenever I though that the dust was settling down, someone will stir again... And lol, am I bit tough to handle...! READ MY FIRST COMMENT, I was just giving my opinions and it was MIRACLES to start it all and others added the splinters... You guys, delete my other replies where I was replying more patiently and you highlight my replies where I was questioning... And I still do not understand who are the crooks who keeps voting me down to whatever I post here... ROOK, posted some lyrics and everybody were voting up although it never had something to do with the story and when I asked for Scarborough fair lyrics, then 2 idiots voted my comment down... This clearly says that some bunch of idiots flocked together trying to defend themselves in whatever they do... Am I shaking your world too violently...! Lol...

And why is that its the Americans who suffer paranormal more than any other people in the world...! Because the people whom you killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam and other countries are haunting you...! Huh... Lol...

Respectfully...lol
evilspirit (41 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
[at] All: Dear God, please forgive them, for they do not know what they are talking... Lol
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Pjod ~ you know I'm going to have to re watch all of the matrix now and take notes 😆
goldduster (55 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I've only been on the sight for three months but I do see that some of the new people starts causing trouble the first couple of days there here
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
This is a very creepy story! I wonder if other people have had the same experience and haven't told anyone. It sounds like a very active building.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
As for any friend of mine coming back in disguise; you can hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first. Greener grasslands elsewhere... All you've got to do is look for them.

As for the mod comment... Good luck.

Lou
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
😆
Very well put, Lou. Perhaps "visions of grandeur" in becoming a real, board moderator, still cloud judgement.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Pjod,
Remember, one can't fall out of grace... If one in fact, is grace.

Lou
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Misty,
Certainly the actions of a prankster- more so than any glitch in the system- theory.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Lou,
I can't help but wonder if this person was, until recently, a long time member who "fell out of grace" -or left on bad terms. The personality is such, that he/she may have once enjoyed a role as "board police" calling out those who trolled the site. It's obvious which members she/he may have once had differences with. Certainly seems like an online mission of sorts.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: