You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Abby's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Little Abby's Ghost

 

The easiest way to tell this story is to start when I was about 18 months old. My parents, my older brother, and I moved into a house just outside of Kernersville, NC, and in this house is where we have all come to believe in the paranormal.

The first event that led to suspicion occurred on the very first week that we lived in this house. Out of curiosity one evening, my father got the urge to explore the attic of our new home. However, the only thing in the attic was a box of toys, which was sitting alone at the far end of the attic, too far from arm's reach to just reach out and grab. Dad carried the box down from the attic where he explored the contents.

According to my mother, the box was labeled "Abby's toys" and was basically filled with girls toys, which included a stuffed teddy bear. My father saw the teddy bear and decided to give it to my 5 year old brother. After dad got the bear from the box, he sat the box right beside the crawlspace back inside the attic. My brother slept with the bear that night, but the next morning my brother couldn't find it anywhere. My parents looked all over his room for the bear but couldn't find it. After eliminating all possible "hiding places", my dad got an idea to look inside the attic to see if there was another "new" toy to replace the bear. To his surprise, the bear was back inside the box of "Abby's toys", which was pushed back into its original spot in the back side of the attic.

Since that day (almost 24 years ago), my family has remained in that house. Strange things have happened which we cannot be absolutely sure were related. Such as lights turning on and off on their own, doors shutting violently on their own when no windows were open, and footsteps being heard by all of us on separate occasions that sounded like they were being made by a child. But nothing can compare to when I was 18 years old and I saw the little girl, who I assume was Abby for the first time.

At about 12:30am, I was in our living room watching "Rush Hour" on the USA channel. I was sitting in our recliner waiting for "Rush Hour 2" to start when a hand grasping the bathroom doorway caught my attention from down the hallway. I watched as the hand was retracted back into the bathroom and stared with curiosity. As I watched the doorway, a little girl wearing a white nightgown walked from the bathroom into my parents bedroom across the hall. The girl was nothing like what you see in movies. She looked just like a living breathing person, with long dark hair and extremely pale skin. She wasn't ugly or scary looking, nor did she glow or move at a high speed. She walked at a normal pace across the hall. My dad was asleep in the living room floor as I tried desperately to scream at the top of my lungs but could only produce a whisper. For about 2 or 3 minutes, I literally could not move a muscle in my body. When I was finally able to move, I woke my dad, told him to go to bed, and said nothing about what I saw because I didn't think he would have accepted it.

The very next morning my dad was in the dining room with a cup of coffee sitting untouched in front of him as he stared off into space. When I asked him what was wrong, he began to tell me about the little girl that stood beside his bed and asked for help when he woke up in the middle of the night. The little girl he described was the same girl I saw earlier that night.

It has been almost 7 years since I saw her that night and I haven't really said anything about her to anyone due to the fact that most people would try to tell me that it was something other than what I know it was. Until about 2 months ago, I was talking to my mom about that night, while I sat in the same chair I was sitting in when I saw her. Jokingly, I told her I would take a picture of the little girl with my iPhone, and I held it up and took a very random picture down the hallway.

A few days later while I was at work, I was looking through my pictures on my phone and saw what I can't believe I failed to see the night I took it. She appeared in the picture as clear as day, and I have shown several people who couldn't even look at the picture for more than a second.

If anyone can tell me if there is a way to upload pictures on this website, I will be glad to do so. It would help to validate this experience a great deal.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, J-Will, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kaite (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
OMG I just saw the pic for the first time now I am shaking very freaky ๐Ÿ˜จ ๐Ÿ˜จ ๐Ÿ˜ญ
If I saw her I would puke and pee myself
Kaite (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
post the pic? Please?

And super crepy...
๐Ÿ˜จ ๐Ÿ˜จ ๐Ÿ˜จ
I am scared now:P I hope I can fall asleep after reading all this
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
taking a closer look, it looks exactly like a lit candle in a dark room- being the source of light- you can also see where it reflects off to the side (the wall) and the other side (table,etc)
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
just a couple questions...
Forgive me if I'm seeing this wrong, but is that a lit candle in the photo you posted?
You mentioned police records proving the previous tenents young child- wouldn't such records show a cause of death? Assuming you had access to such info.
Or, was it the neighbors who tipped you off to a previous child resident? (you mentioned both in your posts)
J-Will (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Rook- I didn't have a flash turned on when I took that, and I have reviewed the picture for hours with my mom trying to figure out what the light source was from, and there is no explanation for it. If you at able to clearly zoom in on the pic from the website, you can actually see facial features, but obviously they aren't very clear. As far as the parents go, I am terribly sorry to hear about your child's situation, but I just wanted to clarify; The previous owners daughter was 4 years old when she passed. We don't know how she passes, but our neighbors did varify that a little girl did live in that house with them. My parents asked because they wanted to make sure the area was a good place for children. So I do find it weird that they lied about it, under the circumstances. However, I do understand why someone might not want to hash up memories of a child passing. Thanks!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
J-Will,

I will say this about the picture you have provided a link to.

There is 'something' about it. I'm not sure what I see in the mirror, but there is 'something'.

Questions:

Are you are talking about the 'white figure' with no facial features?

What is the source of the bright light we see in the mirror... I do not think its the flash from your phone taking the picture...

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
J-Will,

Not really. My wife and I Have Four Children, One of which was a Daughter who was Still Born and yet when people ask how many children we have we tell them Three. What I mean to say is this...

If they lost their Daughter (as my wife and I have) due to an accident or 'worse'. Then they may simply tell people they have no children... It saves on painful explanations.

Respectfully,

Rook
J-Will (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Oh yeah, if you can't find her, look in the mirror at the end of the hallway. She appeared to be standing right beside me. According to police records, we later found out that the couple that owned the house before my family, did indeed have a daughter... But told my parents they had no kids when my parents first met them. Strange, right?
J-Will (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Gret news... I think I may have found any easy way to show the picture. I uploaded it to a seprate suggested website. Again, this photo was taken randomly and has not been doctored or edited in any way. I am trying to get help, not toy with people's emotions. Thanks again everyone, let me know what you think... Http://imgur.com/jOytPqC.jpg
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
J-Will: Would also love to see this photo that you taken of the girl. It is sad, she seems trapped and unable to move on its as if she needs some closure or help with something. Have you ever wondered what happened to her or have any idea of the history of the home? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jay_Sammie1 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
I would love to see more form you! This is absolutely amazingly terrifying! You have a great story telling ability! And you made this seem so real. I actually got very scared. And that, I thank you for! Ahaha! ๐Ÿ˜†
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
J-Will I also would love to see the photo of her your story is interesting and the little girl seems harmless it would be nice to actually see her.
How come no one can look at her for long have you had the same problem and if so how does it make you feel?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
Nice story and it would have been freaky to experience that... Others here have already posted that they wanted to see the picture also and I am no exception. Please sent it as soon as possible; please and thank you.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
Sorry, that last post should have been addressed to JWill ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
50
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
FRAWIN:! Nice to see you! ๐Ÿ˜...

Little Abby's Ghost: If you still have the confirmation e-mail of your submission (not the one that says your story's been published) follow the link provided...Or, if you have photo bucket or a similar site, or facebook, myspace, etc, you can put the link in the comments section ๐Ÿ˜Š
FRAWIN (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
J-Will, I found this on site maybe it will help you on posting your picture to the story.

Please send any photos by attachment to the email confirmation you will receive after submitting your story (no common camera orbs or any obvious cases of pareidolia please, it needs to be really out of the ordinary)

If that doesn't do it contact one of the beautiful, intelligent and talented moderators ๐Ÿ˜Š. They will be able to help you.

FRAWIN
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
Wow, that's really scary and interesting! The teddy bear thing actually gave me chills and I probably would have freaked out if I was your dad and I saw her standing by my bed lol. I'm having similar experiences with a little girl ghost at my house although she has never made herself visible. She has only spoken to us and made sounds. I'd love to see the picture you took, if you want to upload it to the site there's a section called pictures and videos where I think it explains how to upload pictures! Other than that I'm not sure how ๐Ÿ˜ข
GACfan101 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
puuhlease upload the picture! Once you find out how lol. One time my friends uncle went to the eastern state penitentiary and had a picture with a guard standing full figured and can see everything but translucent it was awesome but one day a few years later we couldn't find it and I was soo disapointed but I swear it was there! Lol really nice story by the way and please if you find out how please upload it. Sorry I don't know how to upload on here either ๐Ÿ˜•

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: