You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: What I Saw In The Woods At K's House

Real Ghost Stories

What I Saw In The Woods At K's House

 

Before I start, I'd like to say that I tell very few people this story. That is because most would not believe me. But let me assure you that everything you read here is 100% just as I saw it and remember it. With that out of the way, I'll begin my story.

It was two summers ago, so I would've been about thirteen when it happened. I was at my friend's house, let's call her K, and so was another friend of mine, who I will call J. We were bored with nothing to do in the house when K got an idea.

K had been getting pictures of orbs (Some of which I have because she uploaded them on my computer.) all down her driveway and in the woods by her house at night and she wanted to investigate. I, being the huge fan of the paranormal that I am, was automatically in. J, who at the time did not believe in the paranormal, tagged along to humor us.

So, we gathered my laptop, a camera, and mine and K's phones and left K's house to walk down the driveway. She lived on a big piece of land, and it was a very long driveway. We stopped about halfway down it, out of earshot of both houses. (Her grandmother also had a house on the land, but closer to the road). We had to do it this way because her mother was very superstitious about these things. I remember her not even letting us watch movies involving possessions or demons in the house because "That was just asking for something bad to happen."

Since K wasn't expecting any visitors to the house (And we would've been able to see them coming up the driveway long before they reached us even if any showed up by surprise.) we settled down right there on the ground, sitting in the middle of the driveway. On the way down we had decided we'd do an EVP.

EVP plans in mind, we set up my laptop's wireless webcam and started to record. Not really having any idea what we were doing, we just asked it some standard "Who are you?" "Can you show us yourself?" type questions. When we were done, we played it back. Nothing.

That did not discourage either K or myself, but J was getting bored, as she did not believe in any of this. We tried to get her to be patient, and after a little coaxing, convinced her to be quiet for EVP round two.

This time we asked a few more questions, but I can't remember what. I remember not wanting to ask the entity how it died, because I'd read somewhere that you weren't supposed to do that.

This time when we played it back, we had something. It was a bunch of whispers between our questions and what sounded like a fence door slamming. Nobody had been whispering and no fence had slammed while we were recording. There weren't even any fences with doors near by.

Feeling that we were definitely on to something, K and I got exited. We did a third EVP and this time we asked it to be louder. We also asked if it was K's great grandfather, who had died on the property. When we played this one back the whispers were louder as we'd asked, but still not loud enough to be decipherable.

K and I agreed to do one more EVP. This time, J decided she wanted to help. Turns out that by helping, she meant teasing. She taunted the entity, saying that there was really nothing there and that all of this was stupid. K went along with it because she wanted whatever this thing was to react. I went along with it out of curiosity. What was the worst that could happen, right?

We played back the recording again and we got the same slightly-louder but still undecipherable whispers from the third EVP. By now all of us were getting bored and we decided to give up and go play in the woods. So we walked up to her grandma's house and I put my laptop and camera in a rocking chair on the porch. K and I kept out\ r phones on us and we went to play in the woods.

J ended up chasing us with a spray bottle of water as K and I ran through the woods laughing and screaming. Everything was great until K realized her phone was no longer in her pocket.

She panicked, knowing her dad was going to be angry if she lost the phone she'd just gotten. She also knew she wasn't going to get a new one because her sim card was in this one. She asked me if I'd seen it fall out of her pocket and I said no; if it had fallen out I would've seen it or stepped on it because I had been running directly behind her in very densely packed woods. K still freaking out, we all decided to look for it.

We'd been looking for it for about five minutes when I saw something that would change my life forever. (This is where it gets unbelievable.)

It started out as just a blur in the corner of my eye. At first, I paid it no mind. I was on a mission to find K's phone and I thought it was her dog, who liked to come with us on trips into the woods. It was a few seconds before it registered in my mind that K's dog had gone missing a week ago.

I snapped my head up, the other girls paying no attention to me, as they were digging around in fallen leaves for a lost phone. What stood in the clearing a few feet from me is something I will never forget.

It was about the size of a large dog (Like I said, at first I'd thought it was K's dog.) with leathery brown skin. It had claws where paws would've been if it had been a dog and a strangely elongated face. At first, it's face was turned away from me, but when it (I assume) sensed I had seen it swiveled its head around to stare at me. Except, it couldn't stare, because it had no eyes. (It seriously reminded me of something from the movie Silent Hill.) Just a wide mouth. It opened its mouth and after a few seconds a terrible growl reached my ears.

That growl is a sound I will always remember. It seemed to reach the core of my soul. It was the most terrifying thing I've ever heard in my entire life, and I hope to never hear anything worse.

I was still frozen on the spot when, suddenly, J's mom drove up and it disappeared. We walked out of the woods and to the driveway, me stunned, K and J having no clue about what had just happened.

J's mom was there to get her, but she convinced her to let her stay just a little longer so maybe she could help us find K's phone. J's mom left to go do something, promising to be back within the hour, I believe.

Still sort of in shock, I followed the other two girls back into the woods, even though something deep within me told me not to. That was when I heard a second growl, and so did everyone else. We all looked at each other and I quickly told them how I'd seen...something, but I kept a lot of the details to myself so I didn't sound crazy.

At this point, J was probably scared, because she had heard the growl this time. K was definitely scared too, but torn because she wanted to find her phone. I told her I wasn't helping anymore, I was sorry, and went and sat on her grandmother's porch.

To this day, we rarely talk about what happened. Nobody ever found the phone and it was half-jokingly agreed upon that whatever that thing was, it stole K's phone because we'd goaded it on with the EVP. Whether that is true or not, I will never know.

I hesitate to call this thing a demon, because that sounds to so many people like something that's not real. But with the fear it gave off, it's the best word I have to describe it.

If it makes any difference, just a couple months ago I found out from my history teacher that the road K lives on was KKK territory back in the day and that many people were hung out there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pandora971, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HassaniSabbah (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
WOW incrediable stuff, I would say it was a demon if you ever go their again you should do some sort of investigation, Thankyou for sharing.
pandora971 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Also, I don't think I have the EVP anymore. (And there was a lot of inappropriate language in it from J trying to stir up whatever we were dealing with anyway...) but I do have the orb pictures. Can I post those with the story some way or do I have to submit them separately?
pandora971 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Sorry it's taken so long to answer all of these! I've been busy. But, here I go.

[at] gla55es I don't think it was a chupacabra. While the skin of the animal in that picture is about the right texture, the skin of whatever I saw was more of a light brown. And when I say the face was elongated I don't mean like a dog's. I mean like it was all one large oval shape sticking straight out. I hope that makes sense.

[at] dhlp_xyz I guess I forgot to mention it in the story, so thanks for bringing that up actually! Anyway, I'm fairly sure we did call it and it was on silent or it was dead. Since it was so long ago I can't remember which, but either way, calling it didn't help.

[at] lady-glow I guess bored may have not been the correct word to use there? K and J were getting bored and I was more irritated than anything. We weren't getting anything from the EVP so we took a break and went into the woods. If I remember correctly, we were going to go out one night and take pictures of the orbs and try the EVP again seeing as that was when the everything seemed most active. (I'm glad we didn't though because who knows what we might've come across.) To answer your other questions: Nobody else, that I know of, has seen this creature. However, I am no longer close to K's family, so it could be a possibility. I have no idea what this thing would have wanted with a cell phone. For all I know the cell phone could've just been a coincidence and not have had anything at all to do with the creature I saw. I just wanted to tell about what we'd been doing and why we went into the woods. Also, I would think that the KKK hangings would result in a different kind of activity, as you said, but I guess you never know. And maybe the KKK hangings were what the orbs were? I'll probably never know.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
It would be great if you could post the EVP and pictures of orbs.

I have some questions for you:

How could you girls got bored after recording some EVP? Specially if, like you say, you are a'big fan of the paranormal'... 🤔
Has anyone else ever seen the eyeless creature you saw that day?
What use do you think an animal would have for a cell phone?
If the KKK part is true, - don't you think this would produce a different kind of paranormal activity? Perhaps a residual haunting or some 'human' ghosts?

I do not know what to say, other than thanks for sharing... I hope there is not one of those creatures living in the forest around my house!
😨
Momonique (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
I agree with gla55es it could have been a chupacabra those are scary looking animals! I was scared to go outside for weeks cause I live about 5 miles from the people who shot that chupacabra and I live out in the woods! Scary though gave me the chills.
dhlp_xyz (1 stories) (10 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
pandora971

I have just a very small question to you, you said you & your friend were having mobile phones, later you & your friends were searching for your friends phone desperately, why haven't you done the most simple thing of calling on her phone from yours so that you can locate it.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
I think I know what you talking about I seen on tv on sicence Fc tv show and it's show about the kind of strange creature that was not dog or wolf like but no hair but skins.
I do Believe you thought.
gla55es (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
it sounded like it could have been a chupacabra up until you got to the part about the eyes; however, some, like the one in the photo of the link provided, don't look like they have eyes. Check out the web address provided and scroll down to the 1st picture. Let me know if the thing you saw looked anything like that...
Http://klowmeister.com/chupacabra.html/
Thanks for sharing your experience!
pandora971 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
[at] sds We didn't mention it to K's mom because of how she feels about those sort of things. Like I said, she didn't even want us watching movies involving demons or exorcisms in the house. She knew how to get a whole story out so if we'd told her what I saw she would've eventually gotten us to admit to doing an EVP and that would've lead to trouble. As for her grandmother, I don't think she would have believed us. I would love to investigate more about it but K and I aren't really that great of friends any more. (Long story short, we had a fight and I don't think her mom would exactly want me over.)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
Hi pandora971, that was a neat narration. But, apart from what your teacher told, did you investigate the matter with K's mom or grand mother. That could throw more light on your encounter. Without any further information on that, it is difficult to comment. If all the three had heard the growl, then others might have too. If possible, please try to investigate as you are interested in paranormal and post it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
nice story, lucky that no one got hurt. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
Wow, what a creepy story. I don't have anything else to add - except wow, creepy! Thx for sharing!
pandora971 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
[at] Pfeiffer219 Oh, trust me, I didn't stay for long after. I guess part of me kind of wanted to believe I'd imagined it at first. But after that second growl I was gone!
Pfeiffer219 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
Wow, what a creepy experience you had. You have a lot of courage going into those woods after what you saw. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: